Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jason Bay En Fuego
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:30 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Quote:
Sure seems they were in talks with him over the offseason about signing an extension but couldnt come to terms...

Thats right and a great season for Bay will make the Red Sox price go up to the range of where Bay wants it.

I love Jason Bay and he is from my perspective the most popular player in Boston right now. If a player can be underpaid at 9M it is JBay. I think the Sox will keep him, and they will pay what he wants. Ortiz appears to be at the end and 16M is still cheaper than the Sox would have paid for Texiera.

I'm a Pirates fan as you know but I wish him well. He was good and still speaks highly of Pitt.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:16 am 

BostonBuc wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Quote:
Sure seems they were in talks with him over the offseason about signing an extension but couldnt come to terms...

Thats right and a great season for Bay will make the Red Sox price go up to the range of where Bay wants it.

I love Jason Bay and he is from my perspective the most popular player in Boston right now. If a player can be underpaid at 9M it is JBay. I think the Sox will keep him, and they will pay what he wants. Ortiz appears to be at the end and 16M is still cheaper than the Sox would have paid for Texiera.

I'm a Pirates fan as you know but I wish him well. He was good and still speaks highly of Pitt.

I've always like Jason Bay also. I got to spend some time with the Pirates back in 2004 when my highschool baseball team won the WPIAL championship, and Jason Bay was my favorite. Alot of the players acted like you were bothering them and that they were trying to talk to you as quick as possible, but Jason Bay actually made me feel the other way. He talked so long i was afraid i would miss out on talking to other players, but i loved the time i got to spend with the Pirates and Jason Bay became my favorite since then. Jack Wilson was very nice also. He took me around a couple blocks with him in a sweet little sports car. I'm not sure what kind it was and that is probably because i've never seen that kind of car before. I hope he does make Texiera money because i have always thought Bay has been a more consistant player than Texiera, but i do think what that kind of money is on the line that players step it up a notch or two.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:30 am 

Colin - good to hear that Bay was so cool to you and your teammates. What position(s) did you play?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:36 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin - good to hear that Bay was so cool to you and your teammates. What position(s) did you play?

I pitched and on the days i didn't pitch i was a backup for 1st base and outfield. I had to play catcher a couple times but i wasn't to fond of the "team cup". That was in our championship year. In years before and after that i started atleast 1 game at every position, but i was mainly a pitcher.