Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Minor League board
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:52 pm 

After reading IA Pirate's thread about Chase, I thought I would bring up an idea that I have thought about many times.

Should we start a separate forum for minor league baseball talk. I am not one for adding boards to the Rotunda, Fantasy and Game Reports unless it really warrants it, but I think it is very important part of the Pirates organization and it might be a good idea to separate those thread outs to another board.

Discuss and as always, the board will decide.

Post subject: Re: Minor League board
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 pm 

Hey Bucco Boy....make another post. You gotta get off that 666 thing. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:37 pm 

bradf wrote:
Hey Bucco Boy....make another post. You gotta get off that 666 thing. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If he does not make another post, we will know why.

We WILL know why, Bucco Boy.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:08 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
After reading IA Pirate's thread about Chase, I thought I would bring up an idea that I have thought about many times.

Should we start a separate forum for minor league baseball talk. I am not one for adding boards to the Rotunda, Fantasy and Game Reports unless it really warrants it, but I think it is very important part of the Pirates organization and it might be a good idea to separate those thread outs to another board.

Discuss and as always, the board will decide.

Thats a hard one.
The Rotunda right now says "Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well".
I don't know how i feel about it. I think it could work out, but i also feel like the minors has something to do with the Pirates so it belongs in the Rotunda. This is a very fine line to draw. I don't know what to say. I don't know how hard or how long it takes to add a forum either so its hard to decide. If it doesn't take alot to make it i think it is worth a test run.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:15 pm 

Mixed feelings. On one hand, I like having all the baseball conversation in one place, as one integrated "conversation" as it were. On the other hand, if I want to go back and find a specific post about a specific prospect, a minor league board would make that a lot easier. Maybe the solution would be to have a board similar to the Game Report board- minor league posts can be made and discussed on the Rotunda, then archived to a minor league board when the thread dies. Of course, that just makes more work for the mods, not sure I like that either...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:33 pm 

What are you saying?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:49 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
What are you saying?

110 more to go ...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:51 am 

Quote:
Maybe the solution would be to have a board similar to the Game Report board- minor league posts can be made and discussed on the Rotunda, then archived to a minor league board when the thread dies. Of course, that just makes more work for the mods, not sure I like that either...

I like that idea alot, but it does bring up the is it worth it feeling, because of how much extra work it would be. I think something could be done on a trial basis like this if the moderators would want to like this, and see if it takes off.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:50 am 

I think that they are the same thing, especially as bad as the bucs are. Most conversations about the bucs end up including minor league players. It could end up quite blurry.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:15 pm 

Ohio_PiratesFan wrote:
I think that they are the same thing, especially as bad as the bucs are. Most conversations about the bucs end up including minor league players. It could end up quite blurry.

I was thinking this same thing last night when i was going to sleep. Alot of our conversations end up involving talks of the minors. So it could make it quite blurry or take alot away from the Rotunda.