Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Delwyn Young
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:27 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Isn't it time to give this kid a shot in RF? Anything has to be better than Moss.

Post subject: Re: Delwyn Young
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I think it's a great time to bring up McCutchen. Young would be a good guy to groom at 2nd in case we lose Sanchez.

Iowa State Cyclones (2-9) at #3 Texas Christian Horned Frogs (10-1)
Saturday, December 6, 2014 11:00 AM
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Forth Worth, TX
ABC

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:32 pm 

Right now McCutchen has an OBP of .313 at Indy, with one homer, which should not earn him a promotion. I would imagine they might try Pearce in RF again, as he has been pretty hot lately.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:34 pm 

BBF wrote:
Right now McCutchen has an OBP of .313 at Indy, with one homer, which should not earn him a promotion. I would imagine they might try Pearce in RF again, as he has been pretty hot lately.

I don't get why everybody overlooks Jeff Salazar, he has better numbers than McCutchen and Pearce and the highest OBP of all the Triple-A outfielders. Andrew McCutchen, Steve Pearce, and Garrett Jones are important to our Triple-A team right now and i don't think they should tear those three apart.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:55 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
BBF wrote:

I don't get why everybody overlooks Jeff Salazar, he has better numbers than McCutchen and Pearce and the highest OBP of all the Triple-A outfielders. Andrew McCutchen, Steve Pearce, and Garrett Jones are important to our Triple-A team right now and i don't think they should tear those three apart.

I agree but I think for a different reason. I think organizationally we need to send a message that winning and performing and not ratings in Baseball America are what we reward. Therefore, we should bring up the player(s) that is performing best. In this case that appears to be Salazar (but I don't see any of their games). So I agree.

On the other hand, I really only care if players perform well when they get to the majors. My gut instinct is that I don't care what the impact is on a minor league team even if it's game 7 in the playoffs. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:39 pm 

I'd have no problem with Salazar, but I believe he is not on the 40 man, which is why I said Pearce. But then again, if they move Barthmeier to the 60 day DL that would free a spot for Salazar.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:52 am 

BBF wrote:
I'd have no problem with Salazar, but I believe he is not on the 40 man, which is why I said Pearce. But then again, if they move Barthmeier to the 60 day DL that would free a spot for Salazar.

I was already writing Barthmeier in on the 60 day DL. He's going to be on the Sean Burnett 2 year DL.