Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here We Go Again. COMPLAINIG.. about what we already knew..
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:39 pm 

How should i start this one...

i can remember that everybody accepted a few month back that this year would be a 70-92 season or so, or worse...
i can remember the sad thoughts and acceptation of 2009 and enjoy the bright spots of this year and perpare for 2010 or 2011.. but heck... were 1 month into the season and there is the nagging complaining again...

fuck karstens, fuck this, fuck that... eat big mac's without cheese or french fries with mayonaise...

i am enjoying every bit of what i am seeing, had a pleasant spring training to follow, nice late inning comebacks and
some nice wins into the season.. we are 12-12 and could have been better without injuries... so thats not on track
for a terrible season.. we are better then the mets, we are almost equally with the yanks, better then the rays..
we were performing before 3 big injuries above expectations.. all pitchers, even with the lesser numbers of karstens, we were pitching well, batting well.... so far the last week the run production has stopped and we are out of games early..
so do not pick on the easy things like 1 player or so, be supportive and hope the bats live up again..
Jack back will indeed give us a better 8th spot as far as hitting thread.. and hope that our only aquisition mr Hinske
comes up like his TB season and start hitting some homeruns, lets give mr Monroe that chance as long as Moss is not doing it.. but that are hopes and not those stupid and easy COMPLAINING
enjoy the season, it's better then ecspected...

I LIKE IT SO FAR.....

cheerio

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

Post subject: Re: Here We Go Again. COMPLAINIG.. about what we already knew..
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:10 pm 

You can be happy with 70-92 but us real fans actually want the pirates to win! Its our rights at fans to ridicule who isnt doing his job on the team. That is when the management can get the signal that a change is needed.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:00 am 

Ryann wrote:
You can be happy with 70-92 but us real fans actually want the pirates to win! Its our rights at fans to ridicule who isnt doing his job on the team. That is when the management can get the signal that a change is needed.

US REAL FANS.. thats the shittiest comment and dumbASSt comment i ever read..

i take this personal, and that i am just tired of people complaining over stuff that already is known makes me not a REAL fan? i guess your ass is where ur head is supposed to be.. speaking crap!!

sorry, but you really pissed me off...

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:12 am 

PiratesFan.from.NL wrote:
Ryann wrote:

i take this personal, and that i am just tired of people complaining over stuff that already is known makes me not a REAL fan? i guess your ass is where ur head is supposed to be.. speaking crap!!

I believe most of the people on this board are true fans. Ryann is only 15 and there have been more losing season in a row for the Pirates than he has been alive. I'm 21 so i got to see the tail end of the winning in the 1991 and 1992 season and i think the fans that were here through the "We are family" days have more of a tolerance than the younger fan. I have agreed with both of you guys from what i read. Although i think both of you guys could have used nicer words. I am happy with some points in the season so far but i am also disapointed to see it getting away so quickly. I will use a very Pirate like analogy here when i say when you see water start coming in through a hole in your boat do you try to fix it or do you say we're done. I feel the Pirates organization figures there is no chance for this season which i believe is true also but you have to take some chances if you feel that way. The Rays didn't think they were going to do what they did last year but after they went on their first skid they didn't throw back some shots and say heres to 100 loses. I feel thats what the Pirates are doing right now. There are moves that could be made to give this team a chance because they aren't as bad as we all thought they would be before the season, and with no changes being made they will reach the 92+ loss mark and i don't think this team deserves that.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am 

Ryann wrote:

I'm in the boat with you PF from NL, everybody knows that this season is still a building year but still the whining. We all agreed at the beginning of the year that the bullpen sucked, royaly! The game last night was great right up until JR went to the bullpen, that's when I got sick. I know that you are a real fan so you don't have to defend yourself to anyone, real fans understand reality, enjoy what they are watching and will cheer for the Bucs in sickness or in health, richer or poorer.

PF13

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:06 am 

thanx PF13!!

my temper already has lowered again, was just shocked to read that nonsense.. and just not wanted another
stupid topic about real or not so real fans... everybody on this board is one, even the biggest a-holes..

my problem, like u said PF13, is that most comments are already known.. everybody can jump on something that does not go well, but it's not like its such a big shock if our bullpenn falters, if some players do not live up their expectations.. WE ALREADY KIND OF KNEW IT.. offcourse i am pissed as well in last nights game @ Moss not catching that ball, or JR makes the mistake to take Paul out, Or Capps blowing it for the 2nd time (yeah he was lucky to have a 4 point cushion the other game). And saying it sucks is truly OK to say and critize, but not those stupid Topics like dump Karstens, Kick
Andy Laroche or yadiyadi yadi.. if we had better, they would have played, but we prolly do not have....

I also wonder why veterand come in here from decent to good years with other clubs and do not get it done here....
I would love too see Hinske's numbers from last year, i do ask myself why all those veterans who stopped here for a year suddenly fail 2 perform (D.Ward, S.Casey, J.Randa, J.Burnitz etc etc)...
I also hate to think about the littlefield era and what we could have been, but its the past... it can't be changed..
so accept for what we have now, critisize if it's meaningfull and truly overthought, and enjoy if it goes well..
and yeah.. last week has sucked HARD!!

CHEERIO.. it's Freedoms-day here... everywhere festivals and i need beer desperately!! HEINEKEN....

Attachments:
HeinekenPuppy.jpg
HeinekenPuppy.jpg [ 31.83 KiB | Viewed 620 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:46 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i take this personal, and that i am just tired of people complaining over stuff that already is known makes me not a REAL fan? i guess your ass is where ur head is supposed to be.. speaking crap!! ...

I think I will work some orange into my clothing this week.

ZM

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:36 pm 

it's pretty cool

Attachments:
koninginnedag_is_heet_7_kf.JPG
koninginnedag_is_heet_7_kf.JPG [ 51.69 KiB | Viewed 513 times ]
Koninginnedag.jpg
Koninginnedag.jpg [ 71.53 KiB | Viewed 515 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:40 pm 

They play the games for a reason. Just waving the white flag a month in and getting made cause fans are mad that the team makes so many mistakes is just plain stupid. The fans are rooting for the team but real supporters arent just saying its a rebuilding year its ok no matter how bad we do.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:05 pm 

Ryann wrote:
They play the games for a reason. Just waving the white flag a month in and getting made cause fans are mad that the team makes so many mistakes is just plain stupid. The fans are rooting for the team but real supporters arent just saying its a rebuilding year its ok no matter how bad we do.

Well then the "real supporters" need to grow a brain, because that's exactly what this year is: a rebuilding year.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:14 pm 

Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Well then the "real supporters" need to grow a brain, because that's exactly what this year is: a rebuilding year.

Sure is:

The 17th Rebuilding year,

in a row.

An all time record in major league sports in ANY professional sport,

EVER.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Sure is:

in a row.

EVER.

The organization likes to think of it as only the 4th 5 year rebuilding plan. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:38 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
Sure is:

in a row.

EVER.

You failed to work the words QUALITY DEPTH into this post.

I'm disappointed in you, Rod Serling.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:58 pm 

Well said rod serling we have had enough rebuilding years!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:05 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Well said rod serling we have had enough rebuilding years!

We haven't had any rebuilding years until last year. If you think what Littlefield was doing was rebuilding then you are sorely mistaken.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:06 pm 

You probably bought into it and it may not have been all littlefield may be nutting making him pay the high salary players aramis deal the next bay deal? We will see soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:15 pm 

Ryann wrote:
You probably bought into it and it may not have been all littlefield may be nutting making him pay the high salary players aramis deal the next bay deal? We will see soon.

What? This post is entirely incoherent. Use punctuation!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:23 pm 

. SEE THIS DOT TO THE LEFT THAT IS DAMN FREAKING PUNCTUATION!!!
DO YOU UNDERSTAND OR CAN YOU NOT READ?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:24 pm 

Ryann wrote:
. SEE THIS DOT TO THE LEFT THAT IS DAMN FREAKING PUNCTUATION!!!
DO YOU UNDERSTAND OR CAN YOU NOT READ?

I certainly can't read whatever you write. Your writing is terrible.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:29 pm 

It is called TYPING! It is not "writing" it is "typing".

Basiclly you are just bailing out every instance of stupidity done by the pirates the last 17 years. Or your just admiting you buy into the new "rebuilding plan" every year.