Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: May 3, 2009 Reds (12-11) at Pirates (12-11)
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:19 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Pirates' lineup:

1. Morgan, LF
2. Sanchez, 2B
3. McLouth, CF
4. Adam LaRoche, 1B
5. Moss, RF
6. Andy LaRoche, 3B
7. Jaramillo, C
8. Bixler, SS
9. Karstens, P

Reds' lineup:

1. Taveras, CF
2. Dickerson, LF
3. Votto, 1B
4. Phillips, 2B
5. Bruce, RF
6. Rosales, 3B
7. Hernandez, C
8. Gonzalez, SS
9. Cueto, P

Iowa State Cyclones (1-3) at #21 Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-1)
Boone Pickens Stadium
October 4, 2014
11:00 AM
Fox Sports 1

Post subject: Re: May 3, 2009 Reds (12-11) at Pirates (12-11)
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:24 pm 
 WWW  Profile

This could be ugly today.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:51 pm 

cappscrew138 wrote:
This could be ugly today.

You have something against ugly?!?!?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:02 pm 

The pitching is the main and only concern for me today.

Bats-- now we need balls.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:27 pm 

Watching Karstens today has been painful thus far. At least its only 1 run so far.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:09 pm 

BBF wrote:
Watching Karstens today has been painful thus far. At least its only 1 run so far.

So true. Another poor outing for one of our "Quality Depth" players.

Now, on the other hand, we are getting shut out again. One of the reasons for this could be that we have been shut out an inordinate number of times. Of course, we could also choose to believe Steve Blass, who maintains that Jonny Cueto is on a par with Walter Big Train Johnson and Cy Young himself.

:lol:

Spin-spin-spinner-ooo! Steve-O!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:13 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:
BBF wrote:

Now, on the other hand, we are getting shut out again. One of the reasons for this could be that we have been shut out an inordinate number of times.

We got shut out today because we've been getting shut out in the past? Talk about circular reasoning.

Rod Serling wrote:
Of course, we could also choose to believe Steve Blass, who maintains that Jonny Cueto is on a par with Walter Big Train Johnson and Cy Young himself.

I've got news for you: Johnny Cueto is damn good. Have a look at what he's done so far this year, and then take a look at his minor league record. The only one trying to spin anything appears to be you.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:36 pm 

Willton wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:
BBF wrote:

Now, on the other hand, we are getting shut out again. One of the reasons for this could be that we have been shut out an inordinate number of times.

We got shut out today because we've been getting shut out in the past? Talk about circular reasoning.

Rod Serling wrote:
Of course, we could also choose to believe Steve Blass, who maintains that Jonny Cueto is on a par with Walter Big Train Johnson and Cy Young himself.

I've got news for you: Johnny Cueto is damn good. Have a look at what he's done so far this year, and then take a look at his minor league record. The only one trying to spin anything appears to be you.

Spin this: 17 Consecutive Losing Seasons.

Scoreboard.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:09 pm 

Rod Serling wrote:

Scoreboard.

Don't care. What happened in the past is in the past. It makes little sense to blame the current administration for the failings of past administrations. You would do well to engage in more forward-thinking.

But if you hate it so much, then stop watching.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:42 pm 

Willton wrote:
Rod Serling wrote:

Scoreboard.

Don't care. What happened in the past is in the past. It makes little sense to blame the current administration for the failings of past administrations. You would do well to engage in more forward-thinking.

But if you hate it so much, then stop watching.

The past wont just go away it happened and fans have a right to be upset about the crap they have been put through dont bail out the organization until they put a winning team on the field.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:23 am 

I think the only question is will the Pirates be able to break the streak of losing seasons before it makes 20, because if they don't i think it will be the end of the Neal"Opie"Huntington era.

Last edited by Colin21 on Mon May 04, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:52 am 

Ryann wrote:
The past wont just go away it happened and fans have a right to be upset about the crap they have been put through dont bail out the organization until they put a winning team on the field.

No, the past won't go away, but harping on it over and over does not do anyone any good. It makes no sense to blame Huntington or Coonelly for the past transgressions of McClatchy, Littlefield and Bonifay, as NH and FC were not around during that time and do not deserve any credit or blame for what occurred during that time. Further, Bob Nutting was never a decision-maker prior to 2007, so blaming Nutting for what he had no control over also makes little sense. If the fans are upset, fine; be upset. But that's not going to help anything going forward.

Stop bitching about the past 16 years and start looking at what the future looks like for this ball club. And by future, I mean 2-3 years from now, not tomorrow.

Lastly, learn how to use punctuation. Your run-on sentences look like mindless kvetching and make my head hurt.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:49 am 

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

kvetch [ kvech ]intransitive verb (past and past participle kvetched, present participle kvetch·ing, 3rd person present singular kvetch·es)
Definition:
complain incessantly: to grumble and complain about things all the time
noun (plural kvetch·es)
Definition:
1. somebody incessantly complaining: a constant grumbler or complainer
2. complaint: a complaint about something

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:15 am 

Wilton, you've done it again. Another new vocabulary word. If I continue to read your comments, I might some day be as intellectually gifted as you. I know that it's asking much, but if I get there, do you think that I could get an attitude of superiority equal to yours.

Try as I might, I doubt that I could ever get there.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:16 am 

Were you kvetching by your response?

Am I now?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:20 pm 

Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:

No, the past won't go away, but harping on it over and over does not do anyone any good. It makes no sense to blame Huntington or Coonelly for the past transgressions of McClatchy, Littlefield and Bonifay, as NH and FC were not around during that time and do not deserve any credit or blame for what occurred during that time. Further, Bob Nutting was never a decision-maker prior to 2007, so blaming Nutting for what he had no control over also makes little sense. If the fans are upset, fine; be upset. But that's not going to help anything going forward.

Stop bitching about the past 16 years and start looking at what the future looks like for this ball club. And by future, I mean 2-3 years from now, not tomorrow.

Lastly, learn how to use punctuation. Your run-on sentences look like mindless kvetching and make my head hurt.

I wanna play Scrabble with you Wilton.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:47 pm 

I think I will go play a game of kvetch.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:08 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
I think I will go play a game of kvetch.

Nice ... very nice.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 pm 

Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Stop bailing out for stupid mistakes the current administration has already made! You were the people that said the same shit about DL and company. You like to shake your head and say everything is perfect and will be fine when its not. Then you bitch about people getting mad about the past. 2-3 years isnt a guarantee to be perfect either and unless the organization spends at least 20-30 milion more per year they will never be a constant competitor.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:52 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Stop bailing out for stupid mistakes the current administration has already made! You were the people that said the same shit about DL and company. You like to shake your head and say everything is perfect and will be fine when its not. Then you bitch about people getting mad about the past. 2-3 years isnt a guarantee to be perfect either and unless the organization spends at least 20-30 milion more per year they will never be a constant competitor.[/quote]

DING DING DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER.