Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Facebook Friend?
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:36 am 

Yesterday I received a Facebook friend request from Chad Hermansen. I clicked on the friend request and it appears to be the real Chad Hermansen. His message to me was: "Hey what’s up just saw you on the Pirate fan group. Awesome!" I was wondering if anyone else on the board had a similar experience. BTW, I plan on denying the friend request.

Post subject: Re: Facebook Friend?
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:33 am 
 WWW  Profile

You cannot deny Chad Hermansen...he walks on water!

Facebook must have a pretty decent filter because I rarely get anything that is questionable. The worst for me is when I deny someone because I don't recognize the name, but then realize that it was a high school girl friend that got married and changed the last name.

7:00 PM

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:26 am 

IA Pirate wrote:
The worst for me is when I deny someone because I don't recognize the name, but then realize that it was a high school girl friend that got married and changed the last name.

No problem there - if you are married, you do not need to be "talking" to an ex-girlfriend.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:35 am 

Bucfan wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:
The worst for me is when I deny someone because I don't recognize the name, but then realize that it was a high school girl friend that got married and changed the last name.

No problem there - if you are married, you do not need to be "talking" to an ex-girlfriend.

Amen brother.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:31 am 

IA Pirate wrote:
Facebook must have a pretty decent filter because I rarely get anything that is questionable. The worst for me is when I deny someone because I don't recognize the name, but then realize that it was a high school girl friend that got married and changed the last name.

That's asking for trouble!!! :)
But, if she looks like Elle McPherson . . .

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:33 pm 
 WWW  Profile

No, no, no...not girlfriend...girl-friend! You know, a buddy, pal...friend! I agree...no talking to the ex's!

7:00 PM

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:42 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
No, no, no...not girlfriend...girl-friend! You know, a buddy, pal...friend! I agree...no talking to the ex's!

No. She wasn't my girlfriend, honey, she was just a, uh, girl-friend a girl who's a friend. Yeah, that's the ticket!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:05 pm 

burghermeister wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:

No. She wasn't my girlfriend, honey, she was just a, uh, girl-friend a girl who's a friend. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Nice work. That's exactly the way my wife would see it if I tried to go that route. Sofa city.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:14 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:

Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally . . . guys don't have girls for friends. The girl may see the guy as a friend while the guy is wondering what she'd look like naked.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:01 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally . . . guys don't have girls for friends. The girl may see the guy as a friend while the guy is wondering what she'd look like naked.

Chris Rock had a similar bit about this issue, but since this is a "family" board, I won't rehash the humor.

Even though Chad does "walk on water", I think I am still going to deny the request, however if Midre Cummings asks to be my friend, he might get approval :lol: . My rule is that I don't approve people unless I have met them in person and liked them. The only exception I ever made was for a now ex-girlfriend's sister. however if Midre Cummings asks to be my friend, he might get approval :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:57 pm 

Prince of Pittsburgh wrote:
No. 9 wrote:

Chris Rock had a similar bit about this issue, but since this is a "family" board, I won't rehash the humor.

Even though Chad does "walk on water", I think I am still going to deny the request, however if Midre Cummings asks to be my friend, he might get approval :lol: . My rule is that I don't approve people unless I have met them in person and liked them. The only exception I ever made was for a now ex-girlfriend's sister. however if Midre Cummings asks to be my friend, he might get approval :lol:

I would accept him and try to get him to join the board here also. We need a former player and you gotta start at the bottom and Chad is the bottom, but bring him on.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:21 pm 

I just recently received a Facebook Friend request from Bob Nutting. Bob also left a message: "Hey Rod, I noticed you on the Bucco Rotunda Board. This is Bob. I would like to invite you to come see my baseball club. I firmly believe in trading great players like Jason Bay, for Minor league players. Then, I like to get my president and GM to tell the public that we are trading for "Quality Depth". This way I can snow the public into thinking I am attempting to put out a winning product, while making a salary dump. I also like to employ spin masters like Bob Walk in the Broadcast booth, telling the fans that the Pirates are going to "win our share of games" this year, meanwhile we all know that my job is to get you to come to my amusement park and watch a triple a baseball team lose 89 games so that I can pocket all of my Yankee and Red Sox cable money.

See ya at the ball game!!!

Your pal, Bob!"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:22 pm 

I asked Chad to come here, we'll see if he's willing to do it.

...what happened to him, I can't blame him. He never said he could 'walk on water'.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:15 pm 

I just hope it is really him. Even if it is a 5th rate player if it is really him it is provide alot of insight to the board and how we think because we would have somebody that has actually lived the major league life.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:51 pm 

Chad told me, he's just wanting to talk to fans about baseball. He's coaching baseball to kids.

It is legit, based on the fact his facebook has pictures of his wife and children.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:26 pm 

Quote:
Chad told me, he's just wanting to talk to fans about baseball.

Well this board is the perfect place for that. We have a wide range of fan knowledge around here. We have fans from 16-81 years of age. It's a great place to come talk about baseball past and present!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:40 pm 

Hey I am not 81 yet.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:44 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Hey I am not 81 yet.

Okay, okay ... 16 to 80. Better?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:15 pm 

LOL

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:32 pm 

Prince of Pittsburgh wrote:
BTW, I plan on denying the friend request.

Don't mess with this bad ass. Hellloooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!