Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Braun and Retaliation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:34 am 

look for some retaliation from last night, Braun was basically throwing a hissy fit in left field last night when they wouldn't hit Karstens. What a joke this guy is, he also likes to show up the pitcher when he hits one out, I hope the bucs continue to throw inside on him.

Post subject: Re: Braun and Retaliation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:47 am 

Where is Bob Gibson when you need him?

You got hit, shut up and take your base. I hope that when one of our guys get hit, he laughs all the way down the line, the whole time looking at that pu$$y playing left field.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:58 am 

The Brewers look for the Pirates to go inside. They have scouted this tendency and are adjusting to it. On the Braun HR, Karstens just hung the pitch - terrible throw. But on the Cameron HR, the pitch was a fastball right on the inside edge of the plate and the hitter turned on it.

That means the pitchers need to go inside a bit more, to make that pitch tough to hit. That is going to result in guys getting hit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:08 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

If Braun, and the Brewers, are starting to get all fluffy and perturbed about retaliation, this is good. Less concentration on the pitch at hand, and maybe a few wild swings of frustration.

I can see Maholm really taking advantage of this.

As an aside, Walk did not see Karsten's pitch to Braun as "hung". He saw it as on the outside corner, but without the inside stuff beforehand to keep Braun from lunging on it.

Meh, I was not nearly as disappointed as most here with Karstens. Your No. 5 gave up 5 hits only, to a team leading the league in HR, and when he left, you were in a position to tie and win. Of which we did just one.

Karstens was not the reason the Bucco's lost last night.

ZM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:42 am 

Didn't Jaba the Hutt...err...I mean Prince Fielder, didnt he do something a few years ago that pissed us all off, showing off the team?

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 am 

There is some bad blood between the Bucs and Brewers, matter-of-fact, I hate this team and its players more than any team in the league.

I was forced to listen to the homer Brewer announcers and they were crying like babies about Karstens hitting Braun. This was their quote "The pitch was definitely intentional because Karstens is a control pitcher with pinpoint accuracy and put any pitch where he wants it." I nearly jumped off my chair screaming at the TV, maybe announcers should have at least a basic knowledge of teams they are facing.

Additionally, they talked the relief pitcher Defilice up so much I had to mute the TV, from their account, this guy was Cy Young himself. I just keep thinkin, yah, this is why he is a long reliever for the Brewers. That was some of the worst announcing I've heard, these guys have this attitude about them that they were the greatest team in the Majors. Uhmm, when was the last time they made the postseason? These guys even lamented about the "unofficial no-hitter" by C.C. Sabathia last year. What a joke these guys were, get over it already. I found the Marlin announcers to be far better, more knowledgeable and fair. These guys were hacks...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:59 am 

Piratefan13 wrote:
There is some bad blood between the Bucs and Brewers, matter-of-fact, I hate this team and its players more than any team in the league.

I was forced to listen to the homer Brewer announcers and they were crying like babies about Karstens hitting Braun. This was their quote "The pitch was definitely intentional because Karstens is a control pitcher with pinpoint accuracy and put any pitch where he wants it." I nearly jumped off my chair screaming at the TV, maybe announcers should have at least a basic knowledge of teams they are facing.

The resemblance is uncanny, no?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:13 pm 

Argentum wrote:
The resemblance is uncanny, no?

Your mouse to God's ear, Argentum. Make it so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:36 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
As an aside, Walk did not see Karsten's pitch to Braun as "hung". He saw it as on the outside corner, but without the inside stuff beforehand to keep Braun from lunging on it.
ZM

Karstens threw him several curve balls in a row. The two prior curve balls were outside corner, low. The HR pitch was belt-high, middle. It was a terrible pitch, particularly where Braun had seen two curve balls in a row right before that pitch, and was able to recognize and time them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Didn't Jaba the Hutt...err...I mean Prince Fielder, didnt he do something a few years ago that pissed us all off, showing off the team?

Yes, the fat toad scored the winning run in a walk off win against Matt Capps. He slid in, jumped up, and pounded his chest at Matt Capps, who was backing up home plate. He should have been beaned the following game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:23 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Bucfan wrote:
Karstens threw him several curve balls in a row. The two prior curve balls were outside corner, low. The HR pitch was belt-high, middle. It was a terrible pitch, particularly where Braun had seen two curve balls in a row right before that pitch, and was able to recognize and time them.

Blasphermer, Blasphemer. God has spoken and you dare to challenge him?

:D

ZM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 am 

"Uhmm, when was the last time they made the postseason?"

Uhmmmmmmm, last year, actually. How bout you guys? 17 years? When's the last time you went .500, 1992? And you feel the need to talk trash???

I guess I'd be bitter too if my team was 1-16 its last 17 games against an opponent.

Braun didn't admire his HR against Karstens. He put his head down and ran around the bases. That's what makes it such a weak move by Karstens/the Pirates. Braun is the first to admit when he deserves to be beaned, and that HR did not deserve it.

Personally, I like the fact that we didn't retaliate. Not worth our time...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:37 am 

plamm11 wrote:

Yeah, thats why Bush got a warning last night throwing at 2 guys in a row? And Braun's comments after the game the night earlier?

How about being in the middle of a wildcard race and having your manager and pitcher bitch and moan about not getting credit for a no hitter...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:45 am 

nad69dan wrote:
plamm11 wrote:

Yeah, thats why Bush got a warning last night throwing at 2 guys in a row? And Braun's comments after the game the night earlier?

How about being in the middle of a wildcard race and having your manager and pitcher bitch and moan about not getting credit for a no hitter...

Personally, I find this tit-for-tat tiresome both on the field and on this board. "Shut up and play ball" comes to mind.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:50 am 

I was at the game last night, and didn't feel as though Bush was intentionally hitting anyone, although didn't see the replays or hear any announcers opinions. Why would he hit two guys in a row and create problems in an otherwise clean inning? Wasn't at least one of them an off-speed pitch? And why would that come randomly in the 5th inning? I don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong.

It was garbage that both benches were warned after Braun got hit Monday, basically not allowing us to retaliate that night.

Not sure what Yost's comments after CC's near no hitter have to do with anything. He got fired a few weeks after that. He had a reputation of defending his players, and that's what he was doing. It should've been a no-hitter if you remember correctly, and he was upset that it wasn't. Again, not sure why that's relevant here.

It's not like it cost us the Wild Card...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

BTW, how's that record against the Phillies coming along these days?

Up to 5 wins in 5 years yet?

ZM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:53 am 

plamm11 wrote:
I was at the game last night, and didn't feel as though Bush was intentionally hitting anyone, although didn't see the replays or hear any announcers opinions. Why would he hit two guys in a row and create problems in an otherwise clean inning? Wasn't at least one of them an off-speed pitch?

(1) No, both were fastballs.
(2) The umpire disagreed with you.

The only difference is that the two Pirates hit in yesterday's game (3, actually, since Sanchez was hit as well) are not making a big deal out of it.

Braun is whining like a little girl. This is not the AL. Pirate pitchers stand in the batter's box. Grow a set and get over it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:58 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
plamm11 wrote:
I was at the game last night, and didn't feel as though Bush was intentionally hitting anyone, although didn't see the replays or hear any announcers opinions. Why would he hit two guys in a row and create problems in an otherwise clean inning? Wasn't at least one of them an off-speed pitch?

(1) No, both were fastballs.
(2) The umpire disagreed with you.

The only difference is that the two Pirates hit in yesterday's game (3, actually, since Sanchez was hit as well) are not making a big deal out of it.

Braun is whining like a little girl. This is not the AL. Pirate pitchers stand in the batter's box. Grow a set and get over it.

Didnt it take him 2 pitches to hit Hinske? He threw at him inside and missed then hit him the next pitch, then hit LaRoche?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:31 pm 

BTW, how's that record against the Phillies coming along these days?

Up to 5 wins in 5 years yet?

Milwaukee has won 15 straight over Pittsburgh, a streak that goes back to May 22 of last season. It's the longest winning streak by one team over another since Oakland beat Seattle 15 straight in 2006.

Well since the Pirates are absolutely OWNED by the Brewers, then Pirates fans start talking about the Brewers record against the Phillies?!?! Makes sense...the Phillies are totally relevant to this conversation.

Since you asked, we're 3-4 our last 7 games. Took 2 out of 3 in Philly this season. 1-3 in the PLAYOFFS last season.

How bout your record against the Brewers again? Great point though, really.

I really don't hate the Pirates and actually like the Steelers. Just had to clarify a Pirate fan asking, "whens the last time the Brewers made the Playoffs?"

I wish the Pirates nothing but the best but some of you need a clue.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:33 pm 

plamm11 wrote:
I really don't hate the Pirates and actually like the Steelers.

But they don't like you.