Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Control
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:39 am 

Eight walks tonight, three hit batters (although 2 for Kendell- Mr. Hit Me Now).

'Nuff said

Post subject: Re: Control
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:53 am 
 WWW  Profile

It's a little uncanny how Kendall always gets hit. Does anyone else think he looks unhealthy-thin? He looks sick. I remember him having a little more meat on his bones in Pittsburgh.

7:00 PM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:05 am 

Kendall gets hits because he is all over the inside corner. That is why he wears the body armor on his left elbow. He knows he is going to get hit, and accepts it as part of "his game."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:47 am 

Yes I noticed how thin Kendall is. Not just that he is lean, but he has lost muscle mass. He could use some HGH.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 am 

I think Prince Fielder is stealing his meal money...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
I think Prince Fielder is stealing his meal money...

You stole my words. Though, you might also want to check Kendall for bite marks. His bicep might have made a nice mid-flight snack (assuming a flight to Chicago...on a flight to Pittsburgh, Prince probably has to eat the bullpen catcher).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 pm 

People at the airport mistake him as a medical courier cuz of the cooler he carries with him, but that's just to keep him from getting hungry from takeoff until the flight attendant comes around

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:03 pm 

Is Fielder back on the meat? Neverett said something to that effect.

He's fat but it doesn't hinder him that much. Did you see him on that triple? First of all he ran hard right out of the gate, whereas most guys would jog to first thinking it was a homer. Secondly, he motored to third very well for a man his size. There was no play at third.

By the way did you see Nyjer leap for that ball and miss it by six feet? What was he thinking? That ball was actually catchable, but he had a better chance of hitting the Power Ball.

He did the same thing on the homer the previous guy hit, but at the time I thought so what the ball is over the fence. Do cartwheels if you like. He looked ridiculous doing it on a ball that was in play and catchable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:09 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
By the way did you see Nyjer leap for that ball and miss it by six feet? What was he thinking? That ball was actually catchable, but he had a better chance of hitting the Power Ball.

He did the same thing on the homer the previous guy hit, but at the time I thought so what the ball is over the fence. Do cartwheels if you like. He looked ridiculous doing it on a ball that was in play and catchable.

Nyjer won't be mistaken for Bill Virdon any time soon. He played a double into a triple.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Kendall gets hits because he is all over the inside corner. That is why he wears the body armor on his left elbow. He knows he is going to get hit, and accepts it as part of "his game."

Something that occurred to me - not being able to view the action - was this a HB within the strict terms of the rules?
I see so many occasions when it is incorrectly called, and being hit when squaring to bunt implies that it may have been a strike.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:38 pm 

Bertie wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

Something that occurred to me - not being able to view the action - was this a HB within the strict terms of the rules?
I see so many occasions when it is incorrectly called, and being hit when squaring to bunt implies that it may have been a strike.

He was pulling the bat back and had actually taken his right hand off the bat. The ball hit him on that hand. Legitimate HBP in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:31 pm 

Bertie wrote:

The pitch skimmed his finger as he was trying to bunt. The umpire felt he was trying to get the bat out of the way and was therefore not "swinging" at the ball when he was hit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:55 pm 

But would it have been a strike or a ball?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:11 pm 

Bertie wrote:
But would it have been a strike or a ball?

I think it would have been inside for a ball.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:42 am 

The way I saw it was that the pitch was clearly inside and Kendall was clearly not trying to bunt it.

He let go of the bat with his right hand as the pitch was coming in, and it smacked his fingers pretty good.