Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blue Jays call up bryan Bullington
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 am 

I'm sorry to say but i hope he does terrible. He was one of the worst picks ever. He could end up starting for the current "best team" in the American League.

Bullington was recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas on Thursday.
The Jays will need a starter with Ricky Romero on the DL but Bullington is expected to pitch out of the bullpen. He was 1-1 with a 1.86 ERA in four games, striking out 10 with one walk over 9 2/3 innings at Triple-A.

Post subject: Re: Blue Jays call up bryan Bullington
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:09 pm 

He is called up because the Jays are racked with injuries to the starting pitching. He was their 3rd choice as a replacment starter in AAA. He would be about the same in the Pirates system.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:21 pm 

Why would you hope that Bullington does terribly? He's never going to pitch against the Pirates while on the Jays, so what do you gain from his failure?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:50 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Also do not understand why the "worst pick ever" label, and the anger at HIM for it.

He proved to be a bad pick when shown against Upton, but he was considered the best pitcher in the draft at the time.

So, be mad at DL for selecting a "major league ready" pitcher rather than Upton, not Bullington for being the poor sap who was chosen.

ZM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
Also do not understand why the "worst pick ever" label, and the anger at HIM for it.

He proved to be a bad pick when shown against Upton, but he was considered the best pitcher in the draft at the time.

So, be mad at DL for selecting a "major league ready" pitcher rather than Upton, not Bullington for being the poor sap who was chosen.

ZM

It makes you have to feel bad for Moskos...It wasnt his fault he was chosen in the 1st round...The guy has got it bad, because every fan has an eye on what he's doing and what Wieters is doing too...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 pm 

Willton wrote:
Why would you hope that Bullington does terribly? He's never going to pitch against the Pirates while on the Jays, so what do you gain from his failure?

I gain alot of pleasure and a very big smile. Kinda like this one :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:31 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

I understand that and i am more upset with upper managment on the pick but you guys have to agree you would be aggravated if he does good for the Blue Jays and makes something out of his career after being a bust for the Bucs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:55 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

I understand that and i am more upset with upper managment on the pick but you guys have to agree you would be aggravated if he does good for the Blue Jays and makes something out of his career after being a bust for the Bucs.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean that I actively want him to suck. He never did anything wrong to the Pirates. It's those who drafted him that I want to rot in Hell (or unemployment, which is just as satisfying).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:36 am 

Bullington closed the game out for the Blue Jays tonight if you can call it that. The Jays clobbered the White Sox 14-0 Friday night. Bullington didn't look very good besides striking out 2.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:50 pm 

Bye Bye Bullington.

Brian Bullington was optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas on Friday after he went 0-0 with a 3.00 ERA in five games for Toronto after being called up April 24 to replace closer B.J. Ryan, who has muscle tightness in his back and shoulder.