Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Former Bucco news
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:06 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Oh, and this tidbit:

The first base umpire who called Morgan out in the top of the 1st on that squibber even though Morgan was clearly safe (replay confirms that), and who called Sanchez out on a check swing that barely reached the plate?

None other than Randy Marsh. May he rot in hell.

Stan's dad from Southpark?
I bet that bastard killed Kenny also.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:09 am 

Colin21 wrote:

Colin: You do know who Randy Marsh is, don't you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:11 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Randy Marsh is well before Colin's time. I'm sure Colin wasn't more than 4 years old when it happened.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:12 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

The only thing i know him for is that thing that happened with David Wright back in 2006 where he changed his mind on a call. Is that what you mean?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 am 

Colin21 wrote:
The only thing i know him for is that thing that happened with David Wright back in 2006 where he changed his mind on a call. Is that what you mean?

1992 ... John McSherry is behind the plate for game 7 of the NLCS, but is dizzy in the third inning. He is replaced by Randy Marsh.

Pirates take a 2-0 lead into the 9th. Braves rally. Belinda called into the game to preserve the lead. And Randy "Rot In Hell With You Balls On Fire" Marsh will not call a strike. Belinda throws strike 1 to a garbage player, Francisco Cabrera. Marsh gags and calls ball 1. Belinda throws strike 2 to Cabrera. Marsh gags another call, calls ball 2. His calls are so bad that Pirate catcher Mike Lavalliere, who never showed up an umpire in his career, can be seen turning to Marsh and barking.

So, behind in the count 2-0, Belinda throws a fastball which Cabrera hits into left field. 2 runs score, Pirates lose.

If that choking bag of feces Marsh calls strike 1 and strike 2, then Belinda throws his out pitch - a wicked slider from a below 3/4 delivery. That pitch was brutal on righties. Cabrera is toast, Pirates win and go on to Series.

That is Randy Marsh. Owner of the worst gag job I have ever seen from a home plate umpire.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:51 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

1992 ... John McSherry is behind the plate for game 7 of the NLCS, but is dizzy in the third inning. He is replaced by Randy Marsh.

Pirates take a 2-0 lead into the 9th. Braves rally. Belinda called into the game to preserve the lead. And Randy "Rot In Hell With You Balls On Fire" Marsh will not call a strike. Belinda throws strike 1 to a garbage player, Francisco Cabrera. Marsh gags and calls ball 1. Belinda throws strike 2 to Cabrera. Marsh gags another call, calls ball 2. His calls are so bad that Pirate catcher Mike Lavalliere, who never showed up an umpire in his career, can be seen turning to Marsh and barking.

So, behind in the count 2-0, Belinda throws a fastball which Cabrera hits into left field. 2 runs score, Pirates lose.

If that choking bag of feces Marsh calls strike 1 and strike 2, then Belinda throws his out pitch - a wicked slider from a below 3/4 delivery. That pitch was brutal on righties. Cabrera is toast, Pirates win and go on to Series.

That is Randy Marsh. Owner of the worst gag job I have ever seen from a home plate umpire.

No i was unaware of him doing that. My first baseball memory was Barry Bonds short arming the throw home in the playoffs and i think that was in 1991 but i don't remember this one. Marsh had another episode on On August 28, 2006, when Marsh was involved in a controversial call during a Phillies and Mets game. In the third inning, David Wright hit a grounder that appeared to strike 3rd base but was called foul by Marsh. After a conference between the umpires, the call was reversed and Wright was awarded first base. The runners previously on first base and third base were also awarded one base. Phillies manager Charlie Manuel proceeded to argue the reversal and was subsequently ejected by Marsh. The reversal presumably violated a fundamental tenet of baseball rules - that a batted ball, once ruled foul, must stay foul - and that it is beyond the umpires' judgment to determine what would have happened on the play should the batted ball been ruled fair.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:56 am 

Colin21 wrote:
No i was unaware of him doing that. My first baseball memory was Barry Bonds short arming the throw home in the playoffs and i think that was in 1991 but i don't remember this one.

It was 1992, and that was the game. Marsh deserved a full share of the Braves' World Series share.

Colin21 wrote:
Marsh had another episode on On August 28, 2006, when Marsh was involved in a controversial call during a Phillies and Mets game. In the third inning, David Wright hit a grounder that appeared to strike 3rd base but was called foul by Marsh. After a conference between the umpires, the call was reversed and Wright was awarded first base. The runners previously on first base and third base were also awarded one base. Phillies manager Charlie Manuel proceeded to argue the reversal and was subsequently ejected by Marsh. The reversal presumably violated a fundamental tenet of baseball rules - that a batted ball, once ruled foul, must stay foul - and that it is beyond the umpires' judgment to determine what would have happened on the play should the batted ball been ruled fair.

If you look up the word "suck" in the dictionary, it reads, "Hey, don't associate me with Randy Marsh. I'm not that bad."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
No i was unaware of him doing that. My first baseball memory was Barry Bonds short arming the throw home in the playoffs and i think that was in 1991 but i don't remember this one.

It was 1992, and that was the game. Marsh deserved a full share of the Braves' World Series share.

Colin21 wrote:
Marsh had another episode on On August 28, 2006, when Marsh was involved in a controversial call during a Phillies and Mets game. In the third inning, David Wright hit a grounder that appeared to strike 3rd base but was called foul by Marsh. After a conference between the umpires, the call was reversed and Wright was awarded first base. The runners previously on first base and third base were also awarded one base. Phillies manager Charlie Manuel proceeded to argue the reversal and was subsequently ejected by Marsh. The reversal presumably violated a fundamental tenet of baseball rules - that a batted ball, once ruled foul, must stay foul - and that it is beyond the umpires' judgment to determine what would have happened on the play should the batted ball been ruled fair.

If you look up the word "suck" in the dictionary, it reads, "Hey, don't associate me with Randy Marsh. I'm not that bad."

Ok. I remember some things off and on through 1991 and 1992 but i wasn't as into baseball as i am now so i don't remember every game but i do remember that one game.