Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Redlegs-Tribe today
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:28 am 

Am planning to get to a Marlins-Mets game at the end of July in South Florida. Will provide a pic if I can.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:21 am 

I usually attend 1-2 Rays games per homestand at the Trop. I'll see about getting a picture. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me at Nationals Park a few weeks back.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:08 pm 

I watched the Reds-Indians game on TV yesterday. Finally somebody got to Cliff Lee.

I sorta like the Reds, their uniforms are so beautiful. Ha! In our division I really only dislike the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:17 am 

Hey fellas:

Went to the Angls v. Bluejays game tonite,but iI didnt get a picture of myself because I couldn't wear Pirates gear...was dressed formal. But I toko some pictures from our luxury box where the booze flowed freely (as you can tell by the shakiness of my photgorophy.

Bertie, we then went to a Birtish pub called Friar and Firken...good eats and great ales. Anyways, I'll attach a cuople picturs.

EDIT: I need to resize those pictures...sorry guys...

Attachments:
File comment: Vlad batting
P1010243.JPG
P1010243.JPG [ 1.43 MiB | Viewed 361 times ]
File comment: Start of the game
P1010242.JPG
P1010242.JPG [ 1.38 MiB | Viewed 361 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:31 am 
 WWW  Profile

That has to be Vlad swinging the lumber!

11:00 AM CST
Fox Sports 1

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:00 am 

Thanks for the pics BBF. What's the mood of the stadium like? Or was it hard to tell because you were in a box?

I went to tonights Red Sox game (Of course the night AFTER Lester's no-hitter) but forgot to bring a camera. I sat up near the top of the Right Field grandstand and at least had a view of the whole stadium. A lot of s**tty guys and girls were out there and it didn't seem like anyone was really watching the game. Never had a problem like that in any of the other seats I was in. It was pretty lame because it was a 2-1 game and Justin Masterson and Gil Meche were DEALING.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:37 am 

chetthespian wrote:
Thanks for the pics BBF. What's the mood of the stadium like? Or was it hard to tell because you were in a box?

Imagine my surprise when I woke up and found that I posted those pictures!! I don't even remember downloading them onto my computer let alone coming to the board. I guess that was a baseball geek version of drunk dialing?

Anyways, to answer your question, the mood was amazing. Announced attendance was 31,000 or something close, and the stadium looked fairly full, given its size. Coming from Pittsburgh, that is simply an amazing crowd for a Tuesday night. My boss had actually reserved a reception room at the hotel that is part of the stadium that overlooks the field. The hotel bars and even some guest rooms overlook the field (as well as the Hard Rock Cafe). Anyone can pull up a chair at the hotel bar and watch the game...no ticket needed...much different from the former outback steakhouse at PNC.

And the crowd was into the game all night. Exciting game, came down to the last batter after K-Rod loaded the bases, but with a full count and 2 outs, Jason Bay...er...Alex Rios watched strike 3 zip right down broadway. Disappointing for the hometown crowd...strangely enough, I don't remember anyone complaining how "unclutch" Rios is though. Oh, and Wilkerson CRUSHED a homer in the first to leadoff the bottom of the inning. Solid line drive into the second deck. Not a bad waiver claim for the Jays.

A note about the field...its horrible. You forget (or at least I have) how fast Astro-turf plays since we got grass in Pittsburgh. Not only is it astroturf though, its put together something like carpet squares, with all of the seams completely visible. And I also noticed that the warning track is made out of the same stuff, just colored brown. That begs the question, what is the point of having the warning track if it feels the same?

Anyways, a very fun trip to Toronto. The Hockey Hall of Fame is pretty awesome. Got a lot of pictures with the Cup...hope I didn't jinx it. Its not in a case or anything, you can walk up and touch it, get your picture with it, etc. Dared my buddy to grab it and hold it over his head, but I don't think the guards would have thought it as funny as we would have.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:39 pm 

Wow!! That's great, BBF! Have you been to Niagara Falls? I've never been to Toronto. I'd be looking for Indian restaurants there.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:48 am 

Ollie wrote:
Wow!! That's great, BBF! Have you been to Niagara Falls? I've never been to Toronto. I'd be looking for Indian restaurants there.

There are several really good Indian restaurants...two right across from my hotel on King. There is also Little India, which I did not get a chance to see, but my colleague, who is of Indian descent, loved it. They also have an amazing Chinatown (in fact, I was told it is the largest Chinatown outside of SF...and China, of course).

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 pm 
 WWW  Profile

TheShark wrote:
Here's a picture of my buddy and I at the game during batting practice that someone from the Reds "Fan Foto" crew took. Pretty cool new thing they do at the ballpark, go around taking fan pictures and then posting them on their website directly after the game. It is so small because when you expand and enlarge it you can no longer save it or hit right-click to get the location.

But if you really want that expanded picture, go back to that URL of the big pic and do a screengrab (the "PrintScrn/SysRq" button above the "Insert" and "Delete" keys on most keyboards). When you do that, a picture of your screen is instantly copied to your clipboard. Open your favorite graphics program, hit "PASTE" and there it is. If you're savvy with the graphics, you can crop out all the extra computer screen stuff.

I've been approached several times to get my picture taken at Rockies games. It's an annoying ploy to boost website traffic and potential clickthroughs.... but isn't that the goal of every Website?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:59 pm 

eStragand wrote:
TheShark wrote:
Here's a picture of my buddy and I at the game during batting practice that someone from the Reds "Fan Foto" crew took. Pretty cool new thing they do at the ballpark, go around taking fan pictures and then posting them on their website directly after the game. It is so small because when you expand and enlarge it you can no longer save it or hit right-click to get the location.

But if you really want that expanded picture, go back to that URL of the big pic and do a screengrab (the "PrintScrn/SysRq" button above the "Insert" and "Delete" keys on most keyboards). When you do that, a picture of your screen is instantly copied to your clipboard. Open your favorite graphics program, hit "PASTE" and there it is. If you're savvy with the graphics, you can crop out all the extra computer screen stuff.

I've been approached several times to get my picture taken at Rockies games. It's an annoying ploy to boost website traffic and potential clickthroughs.... but isn't that the goal of every Website?

Thanks for the info. I always like to refer to myself as computer-savvy however there are always people like you around to prove me wrong.