Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gorzellany at Indianapolis
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:04 am 

Gorzellany started for Indianapolis last night and went 6 innings, giving up 3 H, 2 walks, 6 K's, and allowing 3 runs. He was not involved in the decision.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... 4&sid=t484

Meek came on in relief and went 1 1/3 scoreless innings, walking 1 and fanning 2. On the season, Meek has pitched 2 1/3 innings, allowing 0 hits, 2 BB's, with 4 K's.

Post subject: Re: Gorzellany at Indianapolis
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:22 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Gorzellany started for Indianapolis last night and went 6 innings, giving up 3 H, 2 walks, 6 K's, and allowing 3 runs. He was not involved in the decision.

Meek came on in relief and went 1 1/3 scoreless innings, walking 1 and fanning 2. On the season, Meek has pitched 2 1/3 innings, allowing 0 hits, 2 BB's, with 4 K's.

I'm afraid Gorzo might never get back to where he once was. I still waiting to see Jesse Chavez get in a game for the Pirates to make my final decision on who i would take on my major league roster him or Meek.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:26 am 

Gorzo did real good until the 5th inning, and he put the first 3 he faced down on strikes. I'm just wondering if he doesn't get it together as a starter if the Pirates would give him a look in the pen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:51 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

I'm afraid Gorzo might never get back to where he once was. I still waiting to see Jesse Chavez get in a game for the Pirates to make my final decision on who i would take on my major league roster him or Meek.

Chavez pitched yesterday. Was not really impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:10 pm 

BBF wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

Yeah i saw him today also. He looks okay but i don't see alot of upside for him. There is alot more for Meek. I just don't think Meek deserved the April roster spot because of how he flunked in April last season.

Chavez pitched yesterday. Was not really impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:28 am 

You cant hold Meek's April last season against him...He had no experience and never would have been on the roster if not for his Rule 5 status...He'd have probably made the roster if his health was better during Spring Training...

The April 2008 Meek is not the real one...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...