Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:25 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:20 pm
Posts: 4
Will the opening home series vs Astros be sold out all 3 games.Just curious b/c I wanted to attend all 3 games, and wanted to get advice on if tickets were available.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6210
Location: Keystone State
I think the opener has some tickets left. The other two games have plenty of tickets left.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
jaybell3 wrote:
Will the opening home series vs Astros be sold out all 3 games.Just curious b/c I wanted to attend all 3 games, and wanted to get advice on if tickets were available.


You can get good seats on ebay still but you might have to pay alittle extra to get the faster shipping to make sure they make it to you in time. Or you can set up a local pick up if they are in the Pittsburgh area. Thats what i do when i decide to attend a game at the last second. Find somebody that has tickets that aren't going to sell like the night before and set up a deal to meet locally and buy them for a cut down price.Works eveeeeeerytime!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:33 am 
Offline
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:59 am
Posts: 385
Location: Elizabeth, PA
I have tickets for Thursdays game if you're interested. PM me if you're interested.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:54 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
jaybell3 wrote:
Will the opening home series vs Astros be sold out all 3 games.Just curious b/c I wanted to attend all 3 games, and wanted to get advice on if tickets were available.



Hahahaha...oh, wait, you were being serious? No, the games won't be sold out. MAYBE the opener will sell out. Wednesday the Pirates are trying to give away seats for $1. I don't think you'll have trouble getting a seat.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:17 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Opening day will be a deifficult ticket, but as BBF suggests the other days will not be a problem at all.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:18 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
BTW -- welcome to the board. Weren't you a member before the destruction of the old board last year?

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:29 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
Last I checked, opening day was SRO.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:45 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:20 pm
Posts: 4
Thanks for all the information. Go Buccoooooosss


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Substitute2 wrote:
BTW -- welcome to the board. Weren't you a member before the destruction of the old board last year?


Thats reminds me, i've been meaning to ask this question for awhile. When the old board crashed i wasn't a member yet. How was everybody found to join this board, because if something goes wrong with this board i want to be able to be found and not lost from the group.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Colin21 wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:
BTW -- welcome to the board. Weren't you a member before the destruction of the old board last year?


Thats reminds me, i've been meaning to ask this question for awhile. When the old board crashed i wasn't a member yet. How was everybody found to join this board, because if something goes wrong with this board i want to be able to be found and not lost from the group.

The board's URL never changed.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Willton wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:
BTW -- welcome to the board. Weren't you a member before the destruction of the old board last year?


Thats reminds me, i've been meaning to ask this question for awhile. When the old board crashed i wasn't a member yet. How was everybody found to join this board, because if something goes wrong with this board i want to be able to be found and not lost from the group.

The board's URL never changed.


Oh okay thanks. How were there so many people lost when it happened?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:20 pm
Posts: 517
Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
I never had any problem getting tickets at reduced prices.
However, that was a couple of years or more ago. Perhaps the scalpers have given up through lack of business!

_________________
Conversation should be pleasant without scurrility, witty without affectation, free without indecency, learned without conceitedness, novel without falsehood. - William Shakespeare


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Bertie wrote:
I never had any problem getting tickets at reduced prices.
However, that was a couple of years or more ago. Perhaps the scalpers have given up through lack of business!


Yeah there alot more of people with i need ticket signs than there are scalpers anymore, but there are still a good number of scalpers they just always have upper deck or outfield seats.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:42 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
I don't know about others but I had labeled it as a favorite on my desktop and just kept looking at the address and it was regenerated in a short time by the same group.

Thank the moderators for their quick and professional work.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Series?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Substitute2 wrote:
I don't know about others but I had labeled it as a favorite on my desktop and just kept looking at the address and it was regenerated in a short time by the same group.

Thank the moderators for their quick and professional work.


Yeah that definitely a hard task to do.
I think most of us have the board saved to our favorites. I have the index page and the rotunda both saved separately incase i have to rush to the rotunda.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], No. 9 and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits