Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I caved
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:06 pm 

I swore I would never give MLB any of my money, but since I changed to a satellite for TV, I lost my FSN. I actually would have bought MLB.TV but all the Bucs games would be blacked out. So I settled for Gameday Audio. Oh well. I just like following the Pirates. What can I say?

Post subject: Re: I caved
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:13 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
I swore I would never give MLB any of my money, but since I changed to a satellite for TV, I lost my FSN. I actually would have bought MLB.TV but all the Bucs games would be blacked out. So I settled for Gameday Audio. Oh well. I just like following the Pirates. What can I say?

Can't go wrong for $14.99. I get it every year just to listen to spring training games. I don't need it once the regular season starts. Good investment on your part IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:21 pm 

I sure don't hold it against you. I don't have cable now because my wife spends and spends and spends. Couldn't keep up with the cable bill. I was looking forward to MLB Network coverage, too.

Aside from radio broadcasts of Cubs, Indians, and Reds I won't see or hear Pirates games again this year. Gameday and this site are my link to the Buccos. I will see the West Virginia Power when they come to town.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:29 pm 

Not a good start. The Pirates feed isn't working. I am on hold right now.

The Cards feed is working and they have mispronounced McLouth and Doumit's names.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:36 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
Not a good start. The Pirates feed isn't working. I am on hold right now.

The Cards feed is working and they have mispronounced McLouth and Doumit's names.

I went with the MLB.TV package and - even though I simply wanted to have the audio in the background while I'm sitting at my desk - I was surprised to learn that Des Moines is in the "blackout" area for St. Louis for TV. Huh?! I guess I won't be watching the game at my desk for the night games. That bites. I wonder if I am also in the Cubs' "blackout" area.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:53 pm 

MLB really blows. I checked KTXR Springfield, MO for kicks (where I listen to Missouri State Bears) and the site says "Cardinal Baseball.. no streaming, blame MLB."

It kills me that we can't listen to a friggin' game for free. This turns me off baseball. This and the fact that Adam La Roche will earn $6 million this year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:54 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I might get the Audio as well. Not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:55 pm 

Ollie wrote:
MLB really blows. I checked KTXR Springfield, MO for kicks (where I listen to Missouri State Bears) and the site says "Cardinal Baseball.. no streaming, blame MLB."

It kills me that we can't listen to a friggin' game for free. This turns me off baseball. This and the fact that Adam La Roche will earn $6 million this year.

Used to be able to work around blackouts by getting an online stream from some affiliate located out in the sticks. No mas.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:09 pm 

MLB audio feed is not working - sheesh!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:10 pm 

Bertie wrote:
MLB audio feed is not working - sheesh!

Not the Pirate feed, Bertie. The Cards is working.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:41 pm 
 WWW  Profile

No. 9 wrote:
I went with the MLB.TV package and - even though I simply wanted to have the audio in the background while I'm sitting at my desk - I was surprised to learn that Des Moines is in the "blackout" area for St. Louis for TV. Huh?! I guess I won't be watching the game at my desk for the night games. That bites. I wonder if I am also in the Cubs' "blackout" area.

Yep, the Cubs are your blackout area as well. The good thing with that is the Cubs are usually sold out. Maybe not against the Pirates though...

#3 Iowa State Cyclones vs #7 Connecticut Huskies
Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:44 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
No. 9 wrote:

Yep, the Cubs are your blackout area as well. The good thing with that is the Cubs are usually sold out. Maybe not against the Pirates though...

It doesn't matter if it is sold out or not IA. You won't be able to watch either of those teams the whole season. It's not like a football blackout.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:50 pm 
 WWW  Profile

bucco boy wrote:
It doesn't matter if it is sold out or not IA. You won't be able to watch either of those teams the whole season. It's not like a football blackout.

That sucks and is an amazingly stupid MLB rule. Wow.

#3 Iowa State Cyclones vs #7 Connecticut Huskies
Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:55 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
bucco boy wrote:

That sucks and is an amazingly stupid MLB rule. Wow.

That's why I didn't buy it. I can't watch anything Pittsburgh, New York or Philadelphia.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:45 pm 

I had HD issues on the Pirates Extra Innings feed today. When the game would come back from commercial or the director would switch cameras, the HD would delay kicking in for 1/2 a second or so. I checked the Cards feed and it was not doing it. It was slightly annoying. Anyone else?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 am 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
I had HD issues on the Pirates Extra Innings feed today. When the game would come back from commercial or the director would switch cameras, the HD would delay kicking in for 1/2 a second or so. I checked the Cards feed and it was not doing it. It was slightly annoying. Anyone else?

I had a problem in the first 3 innings on my Directv with the high def not coming in at all but at some point it the 4th it came in.I'm not sure when though because i only checked it during the commericals.