Proud fans of a 132-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:34 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm
Posts: 13
MLBTraderumors says the Mets are looking at Harrison as one of the options for their infield. They report one of the players coming back could be Brandon Nimmo in a package. They wouldn't give him up for Cutch due to the one year rental but the reporter says they would include him for Harrison. The Mets believe he could be a good OF.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/ ... rison.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2344
mbark757 wrote:
MLBTraderumors says the Mets are looking at Harrison as one of the options for their infield. They report one of the players coming back could be Brandon Nimmo in a package. They wouldn't give him up for Cutch due to the one year rental but the reporter says they would include him for Harrison. The Mets believe he could be a good OF.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/ ... rison.html


I would do Harrison for Nimmo as a 1 for 1 swap. The Mets will probably want a little cash though which I would still do depending.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:43 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 4371
I would like to see catcher Tomas Nido included somehow. I don't want to see Jacob Stallings catching 30 or 40 games this year because Cervelli can't stay on the field.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 5389
Location: Economy, PA
Stallings can hit some. Better than Diaz anyway.

We need a catcher but I don't expect to get one.

I guess if we are not contending we can live without one. And if we are contending, maybe we can get one later.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 4371
Chris Russo just had NH on High Heat, and NH said Harrison is a big part of the plans for the 2018 Pirates. Then again, he also said the team has added power this offseason. System-wide, maybe, but not the big club.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2344
doug frobel wrote:
Chris Russo just had NH on High Heat, and NH said Harrison is a big part of the plans for the 2018 Pirates. Then again, he also said the team has added power this offseason. System-wide, maybe, but not the big club.


I think he kind of has to say that because Josh Harrison lowered is value some by demanding the trade


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 5389
Location: Economy, PA
I would keep Harrison, unless someone wants to overpay. He has this year plus two option years so there is no hurry, and we need him.

I'm not too concerned about whatever comments he made. We all make comments. He'll come in and play with no issues, I would expect.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:06 pm
Posts: 60
Ralphie wrote:
I would keep Harrison, unless someone wants to overpay. He has this year plus two option years so there is no hurry, and we need him.

I'm not too concerned about whatever comments he made. We all make comments. He'll come in and play with no issues, I would expect.


Agreed.

Something this country has forgotten... "Actions speak louder than words".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets may have an interest in Josh Harrison
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 12322
mbark757 wrote:
They report one of the players coming back could be Brandon Nimmo in a package.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/ ... rison.html

Me? I 100% believe the Pirates should be ...

Image


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits