Proud fans of a 132-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Face of The Team
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 1076
Pedro Alverez would still be in baseball and likely being paid well if he didnt throw a ball like a 10 year old girl.

_________________
Hop Slam Ale - 10% ABV - 8 of those makes for big regret
But they are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Face of The Team
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 5387
Location: Economy, PA
The Rotten One wrote:
Pedro Alverez would still be in baseball and likely being paid well if he didnt throw a ball like a 10 year old girl.


I don't know where you're getting that from. It's Bell that throws like a girl.

Pedro has a very strong arm and had a natural, fluid throwing motion when he first came up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Face of The Team
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 1076
Ralphie wrote:
The Rotten One wrote:
Pedro Alverez would still be in baseball and likely being paid well if he didnt throw a ball like a 10 year old girl.


I don't know where you're getting that from. It's Bell that throws like a girl.

Pedro has a very strong arm and had a natural, fluid throwing motion when he first came up.


The only thing fluid about Pedros arm when he left was all the beer he spilled while nightly scrambling the paying customers in the 1st 10 rows behind 1st base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_scz7zls7w <------ This one is hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blrdxCZIH3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apN7XW_sP4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNkaUSAvHZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5nLXARRYsg

_________________
Hop Slam Ale - 10% ABV - 8 of those makes for big regret
But they are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Face of The Team
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 5387
Location: Economy, PA
I said when he first came up, like the first couple of years. Maybe you're too young to remember.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Face of The Team
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 1076
Ralphie wrote:
I said when he first came up, like the first couple of years. Maybe you're too young to remember.


You said he HAS A VERY STRONG ARM. You also said WHEN HE FIRST CAME UP...Which has NOTHING to do with .....
Quote:
Pedro Alverez would STILL BE IN BASEBALL and likely being paid well if
. Instead of being on the Orioles farm team where I watched him DH in Indy and almost kill two people in the row behind the dugout by drilling them with the helmet he tried to flip to the bat boy.


In all seriousness. Alvarez sucked his entire career defensively. His DWar has always been a negative number. Balls went through his legs. Off his head. All that guy did was Hit Home runs, Strike out and make errors. I will give him this. He was one hell of a base runner.

_________________
Hop Slam Ale - 10% ABV - 8 of those makes for big regret
But they are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Face of The Team
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:06 pm
Posts: 58
Nobody wants Alvarez at all. If field was the only issue, some team would sign him to strictly be their DH, even if in a platoon situation. It's not like he's even getting paid $7M. The problem is that Pedro was never really any good. He was streaky. When he was hot, he was stellar (20% of the season). When he wasn't (the other 80%), he was only marginally better than a pitcher. I ran through his 2012-2015 seasons before and found that outside of a "hot streak", he had a .550 OPS. That sucks. He may have a stint or two hear and there because of injuries or because he's killing 22 year old pitchers in AAA and someone will be fooled by it, but in the end, he'll never play long term in the majors again even as a DH only.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits