Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2271
The Bills haven’t made the NFL playoffs since 1999. Could they be the team that unseats the Pirates as the professional sports team with the longest drought?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:18 am 
Online
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 7068
As a Bills fan, I must say it certainly has been a long time since playoffs....I guess I root for the wrong teams....as Jim Mora once said, "playoffs?"... :D :D :D


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2271
Az Bucco fan wrote:
As a Bills fan, I must say it certainly has been a long time since playoffs....I guess I root for the wrong teams....as Jim Mora once said, "playoffs?"... :D :D :D


So this year is officially 18 years since the playoffs.....also isn't Buffalo the only team to go to 4 superbowl/championship games in a row and lose?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:51 pm 
Online
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 7068
Yep...they went four years in a row and lost all four...one win and they are considered one of the best teams of all time.... ;) ;)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 7232
rellimie wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:
As a Bills fan, I must say it certainly has been a long time since playoffs....I guess I root for the wrong teams....as Jim Mora once said, "playoffs?"... :D :D :D


So this year is officially 18 years since the playoffs.....also isn't Buffalo the only team to go to 4 superbowl/championship games in a row and lose?


They can still get in if both Tennessee and Los Angeles lose on Sunday.

...

Bahahahahaha! We all know that won't happen. So, yeah. 18 years and counting. I'm sure getting rid of Tyrod Taylor will improve their chances.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 1675
NSMaster56 wrote:
rellimie wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:
As a Bills fan, I must say it certainly has been a long time since playoffs....I guess I root for the wrong teams....as Jim Mora once said, "playoffs?"... :D :D :D


So this year is officially 18 years since the playoffs.....also isn't Buffalo the only team to go to 4 superbowl/championship games in a row and lose?


They can still get in if both Tennessee and Los Angeles lose on Sunday.

...

Bahahahahaha! We all know that won't happen. So, yeah. 18 years and counting. I'm sure getting rid of Tyrod Taylor will improve their chances.


Taylor kind of sucks but Peterman is worse. I do think that McDermott is on the right track though.

Losing Marrone then hiring Ryan set them back 2-3 years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 886
An extended drought in the NFL’s payroll system is laughable. The league, while not perfect at it, is set up for parity much better than MLB or the NBA.

I also agree, Rex Ryan (2nd worst NFL coach behind Jeff Fisher) set them back a few years, at least.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2271
Chris Anderson wrote:
An extended drought in the NFL’s payroll system is laughable. The league, while not perfect at it, is set up for parity much better than MLB or the NBA.

I also agree, Rex Ryan (2nd worst NFL coach behind Jeff Fisher) set them back a few years, at least.


That's kind of my point.

The Bills, in a league with salary structure designed to make it near impossible not to make a run every few years missing the playoffs for 18 years seems to be near impossible. I think even the Browns have made the playoffs in that stretch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 221
Az Bucco fan wrote:
As a Bills fan, I must say it certainly has been a long time since playoffs....I guess I root for the wrong teams....as Jim Mora once said, "playoffs?"... :D :D :D


You think you have it bad? I grew up in Buffalo.
So my teams are Pirates, Bills and Sabres. Glutton for punishment.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 1675
rellimie wrote:
Chris Anderson wrote:
An extended drought in the NFL’s payroll system is laughable. The league, while not perfect at it, is set up for parity much better than MLB or the NBA.

I also agree, Rex Ryan (2nd worst NFL coach behind Jeff Fisher) set them back a few years, at least.


That's kind of my point.

The Bills, in a league with salary structure designed to make it near impossible not to make a run every few years missing the playoffs for 18 years seems to be near impossible. I think even the Browns have made the playoffs in that stretch.


Yeah the Browns made it in '02 (and very nearly beat the Steelers). They also had a 10-6 season where they didn't make the playoffs. The only team since the merger with a longer playoff drought is the Saints ('67 - '86) while they stand to pass the Giants, Broncos, and Eagles with their 18th consecutive playoff miss this year. To their credit, the Bills have won a playoff game more recently than the Bengals and the Lions.

I was at the Bills season finale in 2004 when all they had to do to make the playoffs was beat the Steelers backups and they couldn't do it. I do feel bad for their fans. I grew up in Rochester so I know a ton of them and they're definitely a loyal bunch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 1030
So much for that!

This is almost like the announcer saying, "He hasnt missed a kick is two years.....The snap is down......The kick is up........and....Its NO GOOD!

_________________
I'd weep for the future but I'm too busy weeping for the now!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2271
The Rotten One wrote:
So much for that!

This is almost like the announcer saying, "He hasnt missed a kick is two years.....The snap is down......The kick is up........and....Its NO GOOD!


All the Bills fans can now thank me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 am 
Online
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 7068
Still hard to believe....Bills never have the scenario go their way... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 5347
Location: Economy, PA
So Cleveland like, to screw up a chance to beat the Steelers and avoid 0-16 because a guy dropped a pass that a third grader could catch. No matter what comes their way, they find a way to make a mess of it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Droughts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2271
Ralphie wrote:
So Cleveland like, to screw up a chance to beat the Steelers and avoid 0-16 because a guy dropped a pass that a third grader could catch. No matter what comes their way, they find a way to make a mess of it.


Hence why the practice squad played that game for us. It's great having the 5th preseason game to start the year and the minor league exhibition to end it.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Az Bucco fan, Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits