Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2267
Cole to Yankees for Clint Frazier+Pitching Prospect (possibly Chance Adams)

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/ ... m=facebook


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 886
Do it. Do it now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 1026
Clint Frazier and Chance Adams?

Dont let them off the phone. Done!

Now I can find someone for McCutchen and I can package Meadows along with a pitching prospect in a third deal. FROM A MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE, THIS TEAM NEEDS OVERHAULED.

_________________
I'd weep for the future but I'm too busy weeping for the now!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 12264
Scouting report on Chance Adams:

http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinstrip ... ams-22311/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm
Posts: 6016
Location: Findlay, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio
Chance Adams, to me, is much more intriguing than Clint Frazier. With that being said, I'd definitely take both :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm
Posts: 6016
Location: Findlay, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio
https://nypost.com/2017/12/14/it-may-ta ... ion-needs/

Here is the entire article from the New York Post.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 4319
Yeah, I would say yes. I would rather have Andujar than Frazier, but okay. Does this signal a McCutchen deal by pursuing another outfielder? It does not behoove Frazier's development for him to serve as a 4th outfielder.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2267
The Rotten One wrote:
Clint Frazier and Chance Adams?

Dont let them off the phone. Done!

Now I can find someone for McCutchen and I can package Meadows along with a pitching prospect in a third deal. FROM A MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE, THIS TEAM NEEDS OVERHAULED.


Why do you want Meadows gone?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2267
doug frobel wrote:
Yeah, I would say yes. I would rather have Andujar than Frazier, but okay. Does this signal a McCutchen deal by pursuing another outfielder? It does not behoove Frazier's development for him to serve as a 4th outfielder.


You are assuming that Polanco or Marte are not moved instead.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 4319
rellimie wrote:
doug frobel wrote:
Yeah, I would say yes. I would rather have Andujar than Frazier, but okay. Does this signal a McCutchen deal by pursuing another outfielder? It does not behoove Frazier's development for him to serve as a 4th outfielder.


You are assuming that Polanco or Marte are not moved instead.


True. Shouldn't assume that, necessarily. Polanco would get my vote to go.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 7228
Cole's alright, but the Yanks are clearly in FFF mode and all this trade would do is cut to the chase.

Best to get something for Cole while his value is nearly appropriate. He's one injury, slump or holdout away from being worthless or depriving the Bucs of any leverage.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 1026
rellimie wrote:
The Rotten One wrote:
Clint Frazier and Chance Adams?

Dont let them off the phone. Done!

Now I can find someone for McCutchen and I can package Meadows along with a pitching prospect in a third deal. FROM A MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE, THIS TEAM NEEDS OVERHAULED.


Why do you want Meadows gone?


Living in Indy I've watched him play. Just like I watched Cutch grow up as well as Marte. In my opinion Meadows is just slightly better than what you would get if you shook a tree. Man, you knew Cutch and Marte were real. Not so much with Meadows. I think a trade with McCutchen and Meadows (While his value is high) with a throw in prospect could net you an above average 3rd baseman.

_________________
I'd weep for the future but I'm too busy weeping for the now!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 4319
The Rotten One wrote:
rellimie wrote:
The Rotten One wrote:
Clint Frazier and Chance Adams?

Dont let them off the phone. Done!

Now I can find someone for McCutchen and I can package Meadows along with a pitching prospect in a third deal. FROM A MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE, THIS TEAM NEEDS OVERHAULED.


Why do you want Meadows gone?


Living in Indy I've watched him play. Just like I watched Cutch grow up as well as Marte. In my opinion Meadows is just slightly better than what you would get if you shook a tree. Man, you knew Cutch and Marte were real. Not so much with Meadows. I think a trade with McCutchen and Meadows (While his value is high) with a throw in prospect could net you an above average 3rd baseman.


Yes, if you could find a trade partner who:

1) Will take on Cutch's salary and lack of team control,
2) Has a third baseman to spare, and
3) Needs an outfielder.

Houston?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2267
The Rotten One wrote:
rellimie wrote:
The Rotten One wrote:
Clint Frazier and Chance Adams?

Dont let them off the phone. Done!

Now I can find someone for McCutchen and I can package Meadows along with a pitching prospect in a third deal. FROM A MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE, THIS TEAM NEEDS OVERHAULED.


Why do you want Meadows gone?


Living in Indy I've watched him play. Just like I watched Cutch grow up as well as Marte. In my opinion Meadows is just slightly better than what you would get if you shook a tree. Man, you knew Cutch and Marte were real. Not so much with Meadows. I think a trade with McCutchen and Meadows (While his value is high) with a throw in prospect could net you an above average 3rd baseman.


I watched Meadows when he was in Altoona. Defensively he is better than Cutch in CF. Their offensive numbers are the same.

I don’t think I’m packaging Cutch AND Meadows for just an above average 3rd baseman. They ware worth significantly more than that. However, by no means is Meadows in my eyes untouchable. I was disappointed that they didn’t use him to get Quintana (sp?) or Archer last year.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2267
I love the last sentence of this statement from ESPN:

Quote:
What their lone rumor says about them: Almost every Cole rumor this week was one-sided -- some team wants him, but there's no indication the Pirates are looking to move him. And then, suddenly, there was that note about Pittsburgh "gathering names" from the Yankees system. Which says, more or less, that the Pirates don't want to trade Cole but they are always willing to skin a sheep.


That tells me that if true, the Yankees maybe overpaying for Cole and I’m all for that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm
Posts: 6016
Location: Findlay, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 1026
Quote:
I watched Meadows when he was in Altoona. Defensively he is better than Cutch in CF. Their offensive numbers are the same.

I don’t think I’m packaging Cutch AND Meadows for just an above average 3rd baseman. They ware worth significantly more than that. However, by no means is Meadows in my eyes untouchable. I was disappointed that they didn’t use him to get Quintana (sp?) or Archer last year.


I think defensively, a lot of guys are better than Cutch in center. Even my sister has a better arm. And I agree Meadows had shown Cutch like offensive promise in Altoona. However not so much as the pitching has gotten better in AAA. He is missing something. Maybe it will come in time. But maybe not. Thats what makes him an above average, shake a tree type guy.

_________________
I'd weep for the future but I'm too busy weeping for the now!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 4319
Bucs are pushing for Gleyber Torres, and the Yankees are balking. That's what's holding it up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 7683
Location: Keystone State
https://nypost.com/2017/12/18/yankees-have-what-pirates-want-for-gerrit-cole-but-whats-the-cost/

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cole Rumors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2267
bucco boy wrote:


I don’t mind NH demanding big for our players, too many times teams seem to undervalue our guys.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits