Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Cobb County, Georgia
Since this team looks like dog poop, my guess is there won't be much traffic on this site so let's Put all game threads here until the end of the season unless someone wants to start a single game one for some reason.


Will they win another game? You would think these guys would be a little more inspired since some of them are getting action as a September call up and some guys are auditioning for new teams. Everyone should be giving their best regardless how things have shaken out this year. That is the essence of being a professional. They just lost today (9/10/17) 7-0 and they looked totally listless.

_________________
foolishly holding on to hope since 1992...and the payoff is here... and gone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:47 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Seattle
Since this team looks like dog poop, my guess is there won't be much traffic on this site so let's Put all game threads here until the end of the season unless someone wants to start a single game one for some reason.

Good idea, Hebner. I'd like to take this opportunity to review Polanco's stats for the season thus far:

.258 BA, 10 HR, 62 RBI, 10 SB, .315 OBP, .413 SLG, .728 OPS.

These stats look more like those of a slick-fielding SS than a power-hitting OF. That's because they ARE a slick-fielding SS's stats (the Twins' Jorge Polanco).

Now let's review Gregory Polanco's stats thus far:

.258 BA, 10 HR, 32 RBI, 8 SB, .313 OBP, .409 SLG, .722 OPS.

Pretty close, eh? Granted, Jorge has had more at-bats than Gregory, but the upshot is that the Pirates have
been getting average SS productivity from an OF position. Add in Gregory's stumbling and fumbling in the field and his many mental errors, and the Pirates couldn't have done worse to start Jorge instead of Gregory in RF!!!

I'm not ready to jump on bassoondirector's "I hate Gregory Polanco bandwagon" yet, but I am losing patience with him. If he has another unproductive season next year, the Pirates should consider trading him for someone who is less injury prone and plays smarter.

And one more thing: I've got two more names to add to my list of baseball players' funny or odd names. My all-time favorite, of course, is a fellow whose last name was Stoner. He played for the Pirates back in the early 1900's. Hard to top that one, but two current players are making a run at him: the Mets have a pitcher whose last name is Smoker and the White Sox just brought up a pitcher whose last name is Bummer!!!

Can you top that? :lol:


Last edited by ronevensen on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:18 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:59 am
Posts: 553
So I went to baseball reference just to check out some Gregory Polanco stats. And out of all the guys in the history of MLB, the #1 most similar batter to Gregory Polanco is CLINT HURDLE. Perhaps 30 years from now, Polanco will be managing our beloved Pirates to mediocrity, too :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 4178
What a coincidence!! That's great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Cobb County, Georgia
9/11/17 vs Brewers at Milwaukee
Cutch hits a two run homer in the first 2-0 with Brault pitching.

_________________
foolishly holding on to hope since 1992...and the payoff is here... and gone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Cobb County, Georgia
hebner20 wrote:
9/11/17 vs Brewers at Milwaukee
Cutch hits a two run homer in the first 2-0 with Brault pitching.


Now top of the 7th 6-0 pirates. Marte with a two run homer and Brault with a double to plate two runs.

Brault also was effective pitching six innings giving up 1 hit and 1 base on balls.

I was wondering if they were ever going to win again. The bucs are 11 under .500 since they hit their high water mark of 1 over .500 on July 21st. They are now at the low water mark for the year.

_________________
foolishly holding on to hope since 1992...and the payoff is here... and gone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Cobb County, Georgia
hebner20 wrote:
hebner20 wrote:
9/11/17 vs Brewers at Milwaukee
Cutch hits a two run homer in the first 2-0 with Brault pitching.


Now top of the 7th 6-0 pirates. Marte with a two run homer and Brault with a double to plate two runs.

Brault also was effective pitching six innings giving up 1 hit and 1 base on balls.

I was wondering if they were ever going to win again. The bucs are 11 under .500 since they hit their high water mark of 1 over .500 on July 21st. They are now at the low water mark for the year.

Raise it! 7-0 bucs. Jordy added a solo shot to end the scoring.

_________________
foolishly holding on to hope since 1992...and the payoff is here... and gone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Cobb County, Georgia
9/12/17 bucs at Milwaukee

Mercer
Luplow. LF
Cutch
Freese
Osuna 1B
Polanco Rumblin' bumblin' stumblin' RF
S Rod 2B
Stewart
Cole

Vs.

Sogard. SS
Walker 2B
Braun PED assisted LF
Shaw 3B
Santana RF
Thames 1B
Vogt C
Broxton CF batting .221
Suter

_________________
foolishly holding on to hope since 1992...and the payoff is here... and gone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Cobb County, Georgia
hebner20 wrote:
9/12/17 bucs at Milwaukee

Mercer
Luplow. LF
Cutch
Freese
Osuna 1B
Polanco Rumblin' bumblin' stumblin' RF
S Rod 2B
Stewart
Cole

Vs.

Sogard. SS
Walker 2B
Braun PED assisted LF
Shaw 3B
Santana RF
Thames 1B
Vogt C
Broxton CF batting .221
Suter



At the end of 3, Cole has given up 5 earned runs and the bucs are down 5-2.

Edit: still 5-2 going to the bottom of the 7th Cole is done after 6 innings. Edgar Santana in relief.

_________________
foolishly holding on to hope since 1992...and the payoff is here... and gone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: September 10th 2017 to end of season "catch all" game th
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Cobb County, Georgia
hebner20 wrote:
hebner20 wrote:
9/12/17 bucs at Milwaukee

Mercer
Luplow. LF
Cutch
Freese
Osuna 1B
Polanco Rumblin' bumblin' stumblin' RF
S Rod 2B
Stewart
Cole

Vs.

Sogard. SS
Walker 2B
Braun PED assisted LF
Shaw 3B
Santana RF
Thames 1B
Vogt C
Broxton CF batting .221
Suter



At the end of 3, Cole has given up 5 earned runs and the bucs are down 5-2.

Edit: still 5-2 going to the bottom of the 7th Cole is done after 6 innings. Edgar Santana in relief.


Game over 5-2 bucs lose.

_________________
foolishly holding on to hope since 1992...and the payoff is here... and gone


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits