Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
I think Doug might have just earned himself another start at 3rd tomorrow...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
Man, we sure do like to hit home runs at Wrigley once the game is already out of reach. I think I remember Bay and Doumit doing it in the last series as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1330
So, assuming it's still 7-4 in the top of the ninth, who do you bat? You've got Bixler, the pitcher's spot and Freddy due up with Bautista, Chavez, Michaels and Rivas, all righties, on the bench. You be the manager. What do you do? I hit Rivas for Bixler and Michaels for the pitcher.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
I'd rather have Bautista in there than Rivas...

The Pirates need to remember Kerry Wood isnt the same Kerry Wood of 9 years ago...They can easily put a 3 spot on the board and go extra innings...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:46 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
burghermeister wrote:
So, assuming it's still 7-4 in the top of the ninth, who do you bat? You've got Bixler, the pitcher's spot and Freddy due up with Bautista, Chavez, Michaels and Rivas, all righties, on the bench. You be the manager. What do you do? I hit Rivas for Bixler and Michaels for the pitcher.


Well, if you PH for Bixler, it has to be Rivas, just in case they tie the game. I'd probably go with Michaels for the pitcher as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1330
nad69dan wrote:
I'd rather have Bautista in there than Rivas...

The Pirates need to remember Kerry Wood isnt the same Kerry Wood of 9 years ago...They can easily put a 3 spot on the board and go extra innings...

Rivas has to go in and play short. If you don't use him, you burn three guys instead of two.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
You could let Bautista in at SS...He'd be no worse than Rivas this season...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
Argentum wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
So, assuming it's still 7-4 in the top of the ninth, who do you bat? You've got Bixler, the pitcher's spot and Freddy due up with Bautista, Chavez, Michaels and Rivas, all righties, on the bench. You be the manager. What do you do? I hit Rivas for Bixler and Michaels for the pitcher.


Well, if you PH for Bixler, it has to be Rivas, just in case they tie the game. I'd probably go with Michaels for the pitcher as well.


Rivas and Michaels just shit the bed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
Oh well. Certainly not a loss I'm going to mourn over, see my prior last post for details.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1330
Ah well. It's good that they fought back some. The four runs give them a little momentum for tomorrow. Kinda like those two third period goals for the Pens last night.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 18
No. 9, I thought you were the fan who almost caught Bay's HR ball :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs. Cubs - May 16th
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1508
He he! I thought of No. 9 when I saw that guy, too! Great effort!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], mjdouble and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits