The Unofficial Pittsburgh Pirates Message Board
http://pittsburghsports.net/

Clint Hurdle
http://pittsburghsports.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15697
Page 3 of 3

Author:  The Rotten One [ Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

Quote:
The team's weaknesses are the pen and hitting. NH royally f-ep up the pen, but it's not his fault Kang and Marte were suspended nor that Polanco has not performed up to his potential. He should have grabbed Jay Bruce in my opinion, but other than that, short of selling the farm for a bat there's not much he could have done.


The problem I have with TBMTIB. Its not that they dont spend any money. I actually get that part. My biggest issue is that they publicly jerk guys around. What they did to McCutchen this last off season. Along with what they just did to Nicasio ( And yes not sending him to the Brewers for a prospect to pitch for a contender, but yet sending him to Philly only to be traded to the Cardinals is Jerking him around) Is everything wrong with the management team. If you want to trade McCutchen, fine! Trade him. But dont do it publicly so you can start making excuses to avoid backlash.

Quote:
Actually, if you want Jed Lowrie, you might be able to just sign him- if the A's don't pick up his $6 million option. I think he would be a decent pick up. Either he or Yangervis Solarte would make me happy.


Surely Lowrie and other free agents are not going to want to come to Pittsburgh to be jerked around. The Pirates dont find "diamonds in the rough" so they can fix them and achieve value. No, No! They look for Diamonds in the rough because they have to.

Author:  Corsair [ Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

ZelieMike wrote:
Osuna is the centerpiece of an off season trade to bring in an everyday 3B, a Jed Lowrie-type.

ZM


I can see that. He needs to got an AL team where he can pick up some DH ABs.

Author:  RTJR [ Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

I'd rather see Osuna play in AAA at 3B next year until he's comfortable there.

Author:  The Rotten One [ Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

RTJR wrote:
I'd rather see Osuna play in AAA at 3B next year until he's comfortable there.


A guy who has been in professional baseball for 7 years and never played a game at third base will be comfortable when?

Good god that is a patented thought that only pertains to the Pirates

Author:  RTJR [ Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

The Rotten One wrote:
RTJR wrote:
I'd rather see Osuna play in AAA at 3B next year until he's comfortable there.


A guy who has been in professional baseball for 7 years and never played a game at third base will be comfortable when?

Good god that is a patented thought that only pertains to the Pirates


Guys change positions all the time. How long it takes for them to get comfortable is highly variable.

Author:  The Rotten One [ Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

Quote:
Guys change positions all the time. How long it takes for them to get comfortable is highly variable.


No! No they dont. There are plenty of decent 3rd baseman out there to be had at a cost. Oh...... but if your the pirates you need to convert a 24 year old outfielder who is slightly better than a career AAA player to a 3rd baseman out of desperation. I get it now. Thats not a good Idea.....Thats pathetic.

Author:  PirateParrot [ Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

I know 2 things. Osuna isn't going to be the centerpiece of any trade, and the Pirates ARE absolutely desperate enough to throw him in at third base...and it would be a cost saving move. They love cost saving moves :D

Author:  RTJR [ Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

The Rotten One wrote:
Quote:
Guys change positions all the time. How long it takes for them to get comfortable is highly variable.


No! No they dont. There are plenty of decent 3rd baseman out there to be had at a cost. Oh...... but if your the pirates you need to convert a 24 year old outfielder who is slightly better than a career AAA player to a 3rd baseman out of desperation. I get it now. Thats not a good Idea.....Thats pathetic.


Yes they do.

Osuna is a 1B who was thrown into the OF because of Bell. He's more like to take to 3B and could platoon well with Freese. Stop your god damn whining.

Author:  The Rotten One [ Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

RTJR wrote:
The Rotten One wrote:
Quote:
Guys change positions all the time. How long it takes for them to get comfortable is highly variable.


No! No they dont. There are plenty of decent 3rd baseman out there to be had at a cost. Oh...... but if your the pirates you need to convert a 24 year old outfielder who is slightly better than a career AAA player to a 3rd baseman out of desperation. I get it now. Thats not a good Idea.....Thats pathetic.


Yes they do.

Osuna is a 1B who was thrown into the OF because of Bell. He's more like to take to 3B and could platoon well with Freese. Stop your god damn whining.


Ahhh..Thats just sad. I'll help you. Jose Osuna came to the Pirates as a Venezuela outfielder. He played is 1st season and a half as a Pirate prospect in the Outfield. Then the Pirates decided they had a bunch of Outfielders and tried to convert him to first base. 2013 he committed 16 errors at 1st in 100 games and started 2014 off with much the same. The majority of 2015 was spent in the OUTFIELD. Once again in 2016 the Pirates tried to convert him to a 1st baseman. So in 7 years they now have a first baseman/outfielder with a career .989 fielding percentage at 1st base.


Quote:
My biggest issue is that they publicly jerk guys around.


Moving Osuna from the Outfield to 1st base and then to 3rd is another example of jerking guys around

Quote:
Stop your god damn whining.


Have a little respect around here for guys who attend church

Author:  ZelieMike [ Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

PirateParrot wrote:
I know 2 things. Osuna isn't going to be the centerpiece of any trade, and the Pirates ARE absolutely desperate enough to throw him in at third base...and it would be a cost saving move. They love cost saving moves :D



I'd love to know your sources for such certainty.

Osuna is a 1B, and really nothing else. Feet are too slow.

I think he's a competent, everyday bat somewhere in the NL, and putting him with a pitcher of some merit that may not make the Bucs rotation (Kingham, Sadler, Brault?) plus a lower level prospect could get you a steady Jed Lowry-TYPE 3B... unless they somehow make Kang a Dominican citizen this winter.

ZM

Author:  The Rotten One [ Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Clint Hurdle

Quote:
.. unless they somehow make Kang a Dominican citizen this winter.


Now theres a great Idea!

ZM for GM!

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/