Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:14 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
Morgan -LF
Sanchez - 2B
McLouth - CF
Doumit - C
LaRoche - 1B
Moss - RF
LaRoche - 3B
Wilson - SS
Maholm - P

Barring an injury this will be the opening day line-up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7248
I honestly hope Morgan fails miserably so they can get rid of the idea of him being a Major League OFer...Come on McCutchen and Tabata!!!

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7248
Nate hits a 2 Run Homer off Beckett...2-0 Pirates after 3 innings

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:25 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
Maholm, on a 70 pitch limit, exits the game after 4 innings; 6H, 3ER, 1BB, 2K, 1HR. The homer was given up off of Ambres on an 0-1 count, two on, two out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5533
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
nad69dan wrote:
I honestly hope Morgan fails miserably so they can get rid of the idea of him being a Major League OFer...Come on McCutchen and Tabata!!!


Dan -
Well, at least for this game, your wish didn't come through. So far, 2-3 with a run scored and a RBI to tie the game. Take heart, it is only one game and it is Spring Training. At most, he is simply keeping the seat warm for McCutcheon and I firmly believe that - come May 1 - McCutcheon will be roaming either CF or LF at PNC.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5533
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Burnett feeling the heat and responding . . . top of 5th, a 1, 2, 3 inning with 2 Ks.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7248
I know its a short term deal with Morgan...I just want him off this team ASAP...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
No. 9 wrote:
Burnett feeling the heat and responding . . . top of 5th, a 1, 2, 3 inning with 2 Ks.


And Veal follows with a 1-2-3 inning with a K and two ground outs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
No. 9 wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
I honestly hope Morgan fails miserably so they can get rid of the idea of him being a Major League OFer...Come on McCutchen and Tabata!!!


Dan -
Well, at least for this game, your wish didn't come through. So far, 2-3 with a run scored and a RBI to tie the game. Take heart, it is only one game and it is Spring Training. At most, he is simply keeping the seat warm for McCutcheon and I firmly believe that - come May 1 - McCutcheon will be roaming either CF or LF at PNC.


Tell me when and where because i'm going to try to get some tickets to sit next to him in the stands. I bet he goes on dollar dog night.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5533
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
BBF wrote:
No. 9 wrote:
Burnett feeling the heat and responding . . . top of 5th, a 1, 2, 3 inning with 2 Ks.


And Veal follows with a 1-2-3 inning with a K and two ground outs.


Nice.

I'd be shocked if the Bucs offer Veal back to the Cubs. I see him making the roster and short of a "Meek like" performance in 2008, he'll be on the roster all year. The Bucs will likely put up with the occassional blow up outing to keep him under Kerrigan's tutelage through the year.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:30 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
No. 9 wrote:
BBF wrote:
No. 9 wrote:
Burnett feeling the heat and responding . . . top of 5th, a 1, 2, 3 inning with 2 Ks.


And Veal follows with a 1-2-3 inning with a K and two ground outs.


Nice.

I'd be shocked if the Bucs offer Veal back to the Cubs. I see him making the roster and short of a "Meek like" performance in 2008, he'll be on the roster all year. The Bucs will likely put up with the occassional blow up outing to keep him under Kerrigan's tutelage through the year.


No. 9, this isn't necessarily directed at you, but I think the whole "Meek like" performance is greatly overblown.

Meek threw 13 innings last April, yielding 12 walks and 7 K's.

Yates threw 12.2 innings last April, yielding 13 walks and 7 K's.

We stuck with Yates, and I reckon if we HAD to stick with Meek we might have. I think NH knew he could work out that deal to keep Meek in the minors, and saw that as the best alternative. I have a feeling if he knew TB wouldn't deal, he might have kept him on the roster for a while longer at the very least.

In the case of Veal, considering how highly he was thought of not too long ago, I think it is unlikely the Cubs let a division "rival" (can we be anyone's rival when we lose this much?) keep him. Therefore, I think we stick with Veal all year, as we did with Yates. If he is really really really bad (worse than Meek-like), there is always plantar's fascitis to put him on the DL. Or mental instability (if it works for Dontrelle....and why didn't we ever try that for Ollie...or Krissy...or Kip...or Ian....)...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Red Sox at Pirates 4/1/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:36 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
So is Hansen going to get a shot at his former mates??


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Clevelandsux, MSNbot Media, RTJR and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits