Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Early questions from tonight's game
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:38 pm 

Bucs v. Rays 3/25/09

1. Karstens is pitching and the Bucs are using a DH. Why didn't they use a DH when Duke pitched last?
2. Jack batted once and has been replaced by Bixler. The game is in the top of the 3rd. Is this an injury situation?

Post subject: Re: Early questions from tonight's game
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:41 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Bucs v. Rays 3/25/09

1. Karstens is pitching and the Bucs are using a DH. Why didn't they use a DH when Duke pitched last?
2. Jack batted once and has been replaced by Bixler. The game is in the top of the 3rd. Is this an injury situation?

In answer to the first question, because Duke hits better than anyone we have to play DH?? :lol:

As for the second question, I logged on to ask the same thing.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:06 pm 

Bucs should've insisted on pitchers on both teams batting tonight . . . Rays get a four-bagger with one on from the nine hole.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:17 pm 

I believe the home team gets the call on using the DH.

Wilson left game with asthma issues.

Karstens 5 ks in 4 innings. What up with that?

I loathe the DH.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:33 pm 

Downright rude not to let the guest choose . . . . :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:30 am 

I was there, some thoughts
Charlotte stadium is in the middle of no where. But it is very spacious and a nice place to see a game if you have a seat. A freiend and myself went, and were given FREE berm seats upon entrance.

Karstens, i thought pitched well.

Adam La roche seems to be going through the motions, and hopefully that will stop soon.

We looked in the bullpen during the the 5th inning, and there was Veal, pretty much sitting in his chair, sound asleep, until someone woke him up .

His control(Veal) seems to still be a problem, he does throw hard, and when he get's it over, is tough to hit.

A good throw by the catcher on the bunt with men on first and second could avoided the ray's taking the lead.
The throw went to third , to force the runner, but it was bad, and he was called safe. Next batter, Longoria, was HBP which i thought was a lame call.

Pirates at the plate, nothing spectacular, Moss and Pierce had nice doubles to plate a run.

Real nice diving catch by Moss

Craig Monroe looks alot younger than i thought we would look.

This was a game the Pirates really should have won, hope this is not a prelude to the regular season, untimely pitching, and bad situational hitting.

By the way, since the Rays were the home team, the Dh was enforced, the Pirates, had the option to let there pitcher hit, but they chose not to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:03 pm 

Hey Paul. Thanks for the details. Just so you know for future reference, when you go to a game (any game) start a separate thread and call it Game Report and the date. We archive these. They have been a tradition on this board for the past 10 years although they have died down the past several seasons with less people going to the game. Check out the Game Report portion of the board for examples.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:48 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
Hey Paul. Thanks for the details. Just so you know for future reference, when you go to a game (any game) start a separate thread and call it Game Report and the date. We archive these. They have been a tradition on this board for the past 10 years although they have died down the past several seasons with less people going to the game. Check out the Game Report portion of the board for examples.

Thanks again.

If Paul was supposed to be me (Tom), I wouldn't call my accounts too much of a game thread , since i only gave you bits and pieces of the action, due to my constant moving around, and waiting for food(took me a good 10 minutes to get a cheese steak, $8.00, but it was well worth it.

Anyhow, if i was to do a better game thread, i would label it as such, what i relayed to my co members, was just some stuff that stuck in my mind.
Hopefully, i will be attending the sunday contest vs. Yankees , and i will Try to do a better, more thorough job.
I will even try to start it as it's own thread, even though this subject heading felt like the right place to place my observations in. What in the world was I thinking?.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:09 pm 

palushock wrote:
If Paul was supposed to be me (Tom), I wouldn't call my accounts too much of a game thread , since i only gave you bits and pieces of the action, due to my constant moving around, and waiting for food(took me a good 10 minutes to get a cheese steak, $8.00, but it was well worth it.

Your observations are welcome and appreciated in any form. I thought you did a good job of highlighting relevant points.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:51 pm 

palushock wrote:
bucco boy wrote:

Thanks again.

Anyhow, if i was to do a better game thread, i would label it as such, what i relayed to my co members, was just some stuff that stuck in my mind.
Hopefully, i will be attending the sunday contest vs. Yankees , and i will Try to do a better, more thorough job.
I will even try to start it as it's own thread, even though this subject heading felt like the right place to place my observations in. What in the world was I thinking?.

I wasn't diminishing what you did if you took it that way. Quite the contrary actually. Like Bucfan said, we will take reports in any form and in any manner. The only reason I said anything is because some people might not have realized your observations were in that thread and when you start your own, people realize what it is.

Sorry about the name too. I meant to type Palu, not Paul.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:43 pm 

We love live reports here palu. Thanks. It is a board tradition. I remember renting computer time is SD I believe. Back in the day as No.1 likes to remind me of.