Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 pm 

Hiroyuki Nakajima, the SS for Japan, is 26 years old. He is a very impressive player. He fields the position very, very well. He has a strong arm, and a strong knowledge of the strike zone. His at bats typically last about 8-9 pitches.

He is not going to hit for much power, from what I have seen, but I would not be surprised to see a major league team look at signing him since his credible hitting, superb strike zone control, and superior defense would make him good enough to start for a team in the majors.

I would not mind it in the least of the Pirates were that team.

Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Hiroyuki Nakajima, the SS for Japan, is 26 years old. He is a very impressive player. He fields the position very, very well. He has a strong arm, and a strong knowledge of the strike zone. His at bats typically last about 8-9 pitches.

He is not going to hit for much power, from what I have seen, but I would not be surprised to see a major league team look at signing him since his credible hitting, superb strike zone control, and superior defense would make him good enough to start for a team in the majors.

I would not mind it in the least of the Pirates were that team.

He does seem to be a decent player.I looked up everything i could on him and i think he might be able to be a major league player one day depending on what his contract is because i couldn't find that anywhere.I also found out that he has had shoulder issues since birth and he has been playing at a pro level for quite some time now since they start them earlier than they do here in the states.But i would like to see him get a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 am 

Colin21 wrote:

He does seem to be a decent player.I looked up everything i could on him and i think he might be able to be a major league player one day depending on what his contract is because i couldn't find that anywhere.I also found out that he has had shoulder issues since birth and he has been playing at a pro level for quite some time now since they start them earlier than they do here in the states.But i would like to see him get a chance.

Good work. Now you should probably post every bit of information you found on him on a seperate thread for those coming here for a little Seibu Lions info. Keep us updated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:18 am 

omgardd wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Good work. Now you should probably post every bit of information you found on him on a seperate thread for those coming here for a little Seibu Lions info. Keep us updated.

Was this comment really necessary?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 am 

I would personally find a post giving the entire history of the Seibu Lions franchise to be more informative and relevant than sniveling, condescending and bitchy comments designed only to make yourself look superior at someone else's expense. But that's just me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 pm 

I'd actually prefer a discussion on Food Lions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 am 

omgardd wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

I'm just glad you make most of your posts on that other board and save your stupidity for this one.I just don't understand why you use your daily asinine post to attack me, Bucfan, or another member of this board instead of talking about baseball once and awhile.Maybe we should talk about Twlight or how hot you think the Jonas Brothers are, something down at your level.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:31 am 

Colin21 wrote:
I'm just glad you make most of your posts on that other board and save your stupidity for this one.

Hey, when in Rome right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 am 

bradf wrote:
I would personally find a post giving the entire history of the Seibu Lions franchise to be more informative and relevant than sniveling, condescending and bitchy comments designed only to make yourself look superior at someone else's expense. But that's just me.

A little touchy aren't we there grandma?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:52 am 

omgardd wrote:
bradf wrote:

A little touchy aren't we there grandma?

A little douchey aren't we there, omgardd?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:05 pm 
 WWW  Profile

It's a message board...let's try to be nice. If you don't like someone's comments simply ignore them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:23 pm 

cappscrew138 wrote:
It's a message board...let's try to be nice. If you don't like someone's comments simply ignore them.

Meh. If Dickless Jose Lind can dish it out, Dickless Jose Lind should be able to take it.

For my part, I think he should take it to a Washington Nationals board. I'm sure their fans would love to hear about the rosy, championship-laden future he has envisioned for them.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:06 pm 

Why Kojak are we cross? What an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness, does this mean we're not friends anymore?
You know Kojak, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:13 pm 

omgardd wrote:
Why Kojak are we cross? What an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness, does this mean we're not friends anymore?
You know Kojak, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

So much so that you might leave?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm 

No. I think this board would miss my insight. I bring a lot to the table here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:06 pm 
 WWW  Profile

LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
cappscrew138 wrote:

Meh. If Dickless Jose Lind can dish it out, Dickless Jose Lind should be able to take it.

For my part, I think he should take it to a Washington Nationals board. I'm sure their fans would love to hear about the rosy, championship-laden future he has envisioned for them.

I agree about dishing it out and taking it. I just can't believe people take what some jerkoff says on here to the heart.

It's pretty easy to make bold comments when sitting behind a computer monitor.

So...how about that Japanese SS?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:19 pm 

omgardd wrote:
No. I think this board would miss my insight. I bring a lot to the table here.

You're either really funny or really arrogant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:25 pm 

omgardd wrote:

I'm your huckleberry.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 pm 

LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
omgardd wrote:

I'm your huckleberry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:09 pm 

What the hell was this thread about?