Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10635
Hiroyuki Nakajima, the SS for Japan, is 26 years old. He is a very impressive player. He fields the position very, very well. He has a strong arm, and a strong knowledge of the strike zone. His at bats typically last about 8-9 pitches.

He is not going to hit for much power, from what I have seen, but I would not be surprised to see a major league team look at signing him since his credible hitting, superb strike zone control, and superior defense would make him good enough to start for a team in the majors.

I would not mind it in the least of the Pirates were that team.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Bucfan wrote:
Hiroyuki Nakajima, the SS for Japan, is 26 years old. He is a very impressive player. He fields the position very, very well. He has a strong arm, and a strong knowledge of the strike zone. His at bats typically last about 8-9 pitches.

He is not going to hit for much power, from what I have seen, but I would not be surprised to see a major league team look at signing him since his credible hitting, superb strike zone control, and superior defense would make him good enough to start for a team in the majors.

I would not mind it in the least of the Pirates were that team.


He does seem to be a decent player.I looked up everything i could on him and i think he might be able to be a major league player one day depending on what his contract is because i couldn't find that anywhere.I also found out that he has had shoulder issues since birth and he has been playing at a pro level for quite some time now since they start them earlier than they do here in the states.But i would like to see him get a chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am
Posts: 391
Colin21 wrote:

He does seem to be a decent player.I looked up everything i could on him and i think he might be able to be a major league player one day depending on what his contract is because i couldn't find that anywhere.I also found out that he has had shoulder issues since birth and he has been playing at a pro level for quite some time now since they start them earlier than they do here in the states.But i would like to see him get a chance.


Good work. Now you should probably post every bit of information you found on him on a seperate thread for those coming here for a little Seibu Lions info. Keep us updated.

_________________
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?"-- UPPMB


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
omgardd wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

He does seem to be a decent player.I looked up everything i could on him and i think he might be able to be a major league player one day depending on what his contract is because i couldn't find that anywhere.I also found out that he has had shoulder issues since birth and he has been playing at a pro level for quite some time now since they start them earlier than they do here in the states.But i would like to see him get a chance.


Good work. Now you should probably post every bit of information you found on him on a seperate thread for those coming here for a little Seibu Lions info. Keep us updated.



Was this comment really necessary?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm
Posts: 1359
I would personally find a post giving the entire history of the Seibu Lions franchise to be more informative and relevant than sniveling, condescending and bitchy comments designed only to make yourself look superior at someone else's expense. But that's just me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
I'd actually prefer a discussion on Food Lions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
omgardd wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

He does seem to be a decent player.I looked up everything i could on him and i think he might be able to be a major league player one day depending on what his contract is because i couldn't find that anywhere.I also found out that he has had shoulder issues since birth and he has been playing at a pro level for quite some time now since they start them earlier than they do here in the states.But i would like to see him get a chance.


Good work. Now you should probably post every bit of information you found on him on a seperate thread for those coming here for a little Seibu Lions info. Keep us updated.


I'm just glad you make most of your posts on that other board and save your stupidity for this one.I just don't understand why you use your daily asinine post to attack me, Bucfan, or another member of this board instead of talking about baseball once and awhile.Maybe we should talk about Twlight or how hot you think the Jonas Brothers are, something down at your level.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am
Posts: 391
Colin21 wrote:
I'm just glad you make most of your posts on that other board and save your stupidity for this one.


Hey, when in Rome right?

_________________
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?"-- UPPMB


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am
Posts: 391
bradf wrote:
I would personally find a post giving the entire history of the Seibu Lions franchise to be more informative and relevant than sniveling, condescending and bitchy comments designed only to make yourself look superior at someone else's expense. But that's just me.


A little touchy aren't we there grandma?

_________________
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?"-- UPPMB


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
omgardd wrote:
bradf wrote:
I would personally find a post giving the entire history of the Seibu Lions franchise to be more informative and relevant than sniveling, condescending and bitchy comments designed only to make yourself look superior at someone else's expense. But that's just me.


A little touchy aren't we there grandma?

A little douchey aren't we there, omgardd?

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:05 pm 
Offline
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:59 am
Posts: 385
Location: Elizabeth, PA
It's a message board...let's try to be nice. If you don't like someone's comments simply ignore them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
cappscrew138 wrote:
It's a message board...let's try to be nice. If you don't like someone's comments simply ignore them.

Meh. If Dickless Jose Lind can dish it out, Dickless Jose Lind should be able to take it.

For my part, I think he should take it to a Washington Nationals board. I'm sure their fans would love to hear about the rosy, championship-laden future he has envisioned for them.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am
Posts: 391
Why Kojak are we cross? What an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness, does this mean we're not friends anymore?
You know Kojak, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

_________________
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?"-- UPPMB


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
omgardd wrote:
Why Kojak are we cross? What an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness, does this mean we're not friends anymore?
You know Kojak, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

So much so that you might leave?

Image

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am
Posts: 391
No. I think this board would miss my insight. I bring a lot to the table here.

_________________
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?"-- UPPMB


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:06 pm 
Offline
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:59 am
Posts: 385
Location: Elizabeth, PA
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
cappscrew138 wrote:
It's a message board...let's try to be nice. If you don't like someone's comments simply ignore them.

Meh. If Dickless Jose Lind can dish it out, Dickless Jose Lind should be able to take it.

For my part, I think he should take it to a Washington Nationals board. I'm sure their fans would love to hear about the rosy, championship-laden future he has envisioned for them.


I agree about dishing it out and taking it. I just can't believe people take what some jerkoff says on here to the heart.

It's pretty easy to make bold comments when sitting behind a computer monitor.

So...how about that Japanese SS?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
omgardd wrote:
No. I think this board would miss my insight. I bring a lot to the table here.

You're either really funny or really arrogant.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
omgardd wrote:
Why Kojak are we cross? What an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness, does this mean we're not friends anymore?
You know Kojak, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

I'm your huckleberry.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10635
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
omgardd wrote:
Why Kojak are we cross? What an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness, does this mean we're not friends anymore?
You know Kojak, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

Image

I'm your huckleberry.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Japan's SS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10635
What the hell was this thread about?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits