Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6061
Location: Keystone State
It appears that the Pirates might not finish last in the division. Yikes!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7189
Is it premature to hang our 2009 5th place banner?

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Well this is a argument of which pile of you know what stinks worse.I am leaning towards the astros right now because after Oswalt they don't have anybody in that rotation and Oswalt isn't a 20 game winner anymore.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:48 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:59 am
Posts: 483
Colin21 wrote:
Well this is a argument of which pile of you know what stinks worse.I am leaning towards the astros right now because after Oswalt they don't have anybody in that rotation and Oswalt isn't a 20 game winner anymore.


But, the beloved can't even say "after Oswalt".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Jack Round Tripper wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Well this is a argument of which pile of you know what stinks worse.I am leaning towards the astros right now because after Oswalt they don't have anybody in that rotation and Oswalt isn't a 20 game winner anymore.


But, the beloved can't even say "after Oswalt".


I agree that the pirates don't have a #1 as good as Oswalt but besides him only Wandy Rodriguez and Brandon Backe should even be on a major league roster.Mike Hampton just fakes injuries to collect money.It won't be long into the season that he is on the disabled list.Brian Moehler is okay but at 37 and never being very good he should be in the crowd watching games.He is another prime canidate for the injured list.Last but not least Russ Ortiz.This guy is the biggest joke on a major league roster.#1 he stinks and #2 he used steroids for sure.If you disagree with that you are crazy.He had 20 wins in 2003 and went 15-9 in 2004 since then has he even put together a 5 win season? and #3 which is a big one he beat up a 70 some year old man with a golf club.Did he really need to use the golf club.He was juicing at the time and the guy was 76 or something like that, c'mon he could have push him over and he probably wouldn't have even gotten up without help.So even with Oswalt and the 12-15 wins he might put up this season i still say there rotation is worse than ours.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:54 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Our pitching the last several days in particular, has not put us in a position of downgrading other team's staffs. But, I guess that it is possible though not probable, that our Buccos will escape the last place position this year.

I won't bet my $50.00 on it.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
The 'stros are in much worse shape, long-term, than the Pirates.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 4770
Location: Pittsburgh
Colin21 wrote:
Mike Hampton just fakes injuries to collect money.

Really? You base this statement on what evidence?

That's a fairly rotten thing to say about anybody.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:01 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
Colin21 wrote:
He had 20 wins in 2003 and went 15-9 in 2004 since then has he even put together a 5 win season?


If having one great year and a bunch of rotten ones is proof of steroid use, then there are a lot of Pirates that need to be tested...

Kip, Todd Ritchie, Cordova, Duke, Snell, Gorzo...

Also, would that make Tike Redman the poster boy for steroid abuse?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
sisyphus wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Mike Hampton just fakes injuries to collect money.

Really? You base this statement on what evidence?

That's a fairly rotten thing to say about anybody.


My evidence is His stay with the Braves and the Rockies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
BBF wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
He had 20 wins in 2003 and went 15-9 in 2004 since then has he even put together a 5 win season?


If having one great year and a bunch of rotten ones is proof of steroid use, then there are a lot of Pirates that need to be tested...

Kip, Todd Ritchie, Cordova, Duke, Snell, Gorzo...

Also, would that make Tike Redman the poster boy for steroid abuse?


They didn't go from 2nd or 3rd in the Cy Young voting with 20 wins to a 1-9 season without an injury.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Yahoo is reporting that the Astros are close to signing Pedro Martinez.So that might get the Astros above the Bucs and us into last place.I still think we should have picked up Pedro.

_________________
I break more news than CIA posters break wind!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Another Astros update.Yahoo also says that they could release Brandon Backe soon because he isn't recovering well from a rib injury.

_________________
I break more news than CIA posters break wind!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 4770
Location: Pittsburgh
Colin21 wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Mike Hampton just fakes injuries to collect money.

Really? You base this statement on what evidence?

That's a fairly rotten thing to say about anybody.


My evidence is His stay with the Braves and the Rockies.

Where is your evidence that he's faking?

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Colin21 wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Mike Hampton just fakes injuries to collect money.

Really? You base this statement on what evidence?

That's a fairly rotten thing to say about anybody.


My evidence is His stay with the Braves and the Rockies.

That just means that he gets injured a lot. That does not mean that he's faking these injuries.

The guy is fragile, not a swindler.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Even if the injures are real why would you take the risk and sign him.They must have got him on a bucket of balls contract.He is one of the most unreliable pitchers in baseball.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Colin21 wrote:
Even if the injures are real why would you take the risk and sign him.They must have got him on a bucket of balls contract.He is one of the most unreliable pitchers in baseball.

No one is contesting the view that Hampton is an injury risk. What we're contesting is the assertion that he's a fraud.

Does this mean that you're coming down from your position that Hampton faked his injuries?

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Willton wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Even if the injures are real why would you take the risk and sign him.They must have got him on a bucket of balls contract.He is one of the most unreliable pitchers in baseball.

No one is contesting the view that Hampton is an injury risk. What we're contesting is the assertion that he's a fraud.

Does this mean that you're coming down from your position that Hampton faked his injuries?


No i'm not.I think he goes into the old operation shutdown but i'm not a mouse in his wall so i don't know this for sure this is just my opinion.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 4770
Location: Pittsburgh
Colin21 wrote:
Even if the injures are real why would you take the risk and sign him.They must have got him on a bucket of balls contract.He is one of the most unreliable pitchers in baseball.

Now you have a good point there.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Well, maybe not last
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 4770
Location: Pittsburgh
Colin21 wrote:
Willton wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Even if the injures are real why would you take the risk and sign him.They must have got him on a bucket of balls contract.He is one of the most unreliable pitchers in baseball.

No one is contesting the view that Hampton is an injury risk. What we're contesting is the assertion that he's a fraud.

Does this mean that you're coming down from your position that Hampton faked his injuries?


No i'm not.I think he goes into the old operation shutdown but i'm not a mouse in his wall so i don't know this for sure this is just my opinion.

Would you like to hear my opinion on folks who accuse people of fraud without evidence?

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Corsair, eggson27, Google [Bot], LetsGoMarauders, mjdouble and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits