Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sweet good feelings about this year..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am 

it's 12:40 in the afternoon here, my weekend starts right 2 day..

tomorrow Holland vs Venezuela, the spring is starting here as well, love the sun and....

i have this sweet feeling about our pittsburgh pirates...

Not that they maybe get over .500 this year, not that we go from almost worst to almost first, but
this year i kind of gonna look differently about the bucco's.. enjoy the youngsters, the surprises and
excepting the eventually losses and look bright to the years ahead.. even gonna look closer to the AAA and AA
for great numbers by the pirates minors..

Not only Alvarez, Tabata, McCutch, McCutch... but also Ford, Walker and the last years drafts... loved the Grossman
signs.. maybe he will be a pleasant surprise...

LETS GO PIRATES!!

(we do need a CRAIG in our team ;) )

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

Post subject: Re: Sweet good feelings about this year..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 am 

There is a really good feeling in the air here in Altoona.. I truly believe we are going to have a solid team. We got a great manager in Matt Walbeck and tremendous coaches in Ryan Long and Dean Treanor.

BTW..single game tickets go on sale today at 5 p.m. EDT. As of 6:00 a.m. this morning, we had several people take part in a contest for two season tickets..they have been out in freezing cold weather with a foot or hand on one of our life-size bobblehead dolls. When you move your body part off the bobblehead doll, you get eliminated..seven left.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:28 pm 

curveradio wrote:
There is a really good feeling in the air here in Altoona.. I truly believe we are going to have a solid team. We got a great manager in Matt Walbeck and tremendous coaches in Ryan Long and Dean Treanor.

BTW..single game tickets go on sale today at 5 p.m. EDT. As of 6:00 a.m. this morning, we had several people take part in a contest for two season tickets..they have been out in freezing cold weather with a foot or hand on one of our life-size bobblehead dolls. When you move your body part off the bobblehead doll, you get eliminated..seven left.

Curveradio,

With my new job I drive by the stadium everyday and its making me want the season to start now...and for the new field to be finished soon too...

If you know anyone in charge down there, I think a cool idea for the concession stands is to turn one of them into a Sheetz MTO subshop, with the touch screens like they have at Sheetz...That would be a great feature...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:33 pm 

curveradio wrote:

Great Freaking Promo!!!!!
Let the games begin!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:51 pm 

curveradio wrote:

This sounds like something born from a MTV reality-TV contest.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:45 pm 

We wound up giving two pair of season tickets away..there were three people left in the contest at 9:00 p.m. (15 hours of putting a hand or foot on our life-size bobble-head dolls with two bathroom breaks), two of them were brothers and the other was a 14 year old kid.

We gave the two tickets to the brothers, who told us they were going to split the tickets if one of them had won..and we gave the 14 year old kid another pair of season tickets.

Had roughly 750 people show up to get tickets, partake in free food and drink and watch a sample of fireworks from one of our two new fireworks companies we are working with this summer.

Great time had by one and all.. BTW..the sod is being laid at the park..should be completed in about three days, giving the sod plenty of time to take root before we take the field at BCC on April 16th..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 pm 

curveradio wrote:
We wound up giving two pair of season tickets away..there were three people left in the contest at 9:00 p.m. (15 hours of putting a hand or foot on our life-size bobble-head dolls with two bathroom breaks), two of them were brothers and the other was a 14 year old kid.

We gave the two tickets to the brothers, who told us they were going to split the tickets if one of them had won..and we gave the 14 year old kid another pair of season tickets.

Had roughly 750 people show up to get tickets, partake in free food and drink and watch a sample of fireworks from one of our two new fireworks companies we are working with this summer.

Great time had by one and all.. BTW..the sod is being laid at the park..should be completed in about three days, giving the sod plenty of time to take root before we take the field at BCC on April 16th..

Curve, you guys play any afternoon games? I'd like to make a trip up to see a game in Altoona this summer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:03 pm 

We have three Sunday games (April 19, May 3 and 17) that start at 3:05 and we have five weekday games (May 7, 27 and 28 start at 10:35 a.m. and May 25 and July 9 start at 12:05 p.m.) We also have a 4:05 game on April 22nd.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:57 pm 

curveradio wrote:

The local news in Johnstown had a story on the season tickets this morning and it turns out I know the brothers...They are die hard Pittsburgh Sports fans...I worked with them a few years back as a TSS with an agency that worked with Autistic Children. On a side note to make sure no accidents happened, the one brother was wearing an adult diaper...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...