Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Dutch vs Dominicana
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:43 pm 

How about Tom Stuifbergen.. Like Rick VandenHurk, he gave 4 shutout innings..
You guys must give some credits to the dutch pitching staff..
Through 4 innings the Dutch allowed 5 runs over 22 Innings vs Dominicana, Puerto & Dominicana again..

In the 4th, 0 out and runners on 3rd and 1st.. and still come out of the jam.. wild...
but having the record now of striking out.. that hurts a bit.. bring on Pedro please..

whatever the outcome....
I only can say i am so proud of this litttle country, even if it includes Aruba & Curacao
look at how small country we are.. just 15 million people (half woman ;) )

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

Post subject: Re: The Dutch vs Dominicana
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 pm 

Another great showing. The performance of the Netherlands, along with Australia's stunning upset of Mexico, and Italy bouncing Canada really goes to show that the quality of baseball is beginning to spread across the country.

This WBC is showing some really great stuff. I just hope the Netherlands can push a run across tonight and shock the world.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:57 pm 

Correct me if I am wrong, but part of the reason for starting the WBC was to renew interest in baseball after the sport had been dropped from the Olympics. Certainly the competitiveness of teams such as Holland can only help that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:13 pm 

BBF wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but part of the reason for starting the WBC was to renew interest in baseball after the sport had been dropped from the Olympics. Certainly the competitiveness of teams such as Holland can only help that.

Completely true BBF, but the interest in baseball overhere has never really dropped.. Various reasons, but the dutch always played for the european championships (often vs italy) and always were on world championships everywhere..
And the succes of the curacao-guys like Andrew Jones are truly well known here.. loads of those antillians live here
and play baseball..

BUT no one here would have thought this.. the commentators are saying the major leaguers arent used to these
pitchers so thats a reasons of dutch succes, but in '06 we were blown away in 2 games..
They cant get to Cordemans or Neuman the 2nd time around..
I think Bert Blijlevens has done a hell of a job together with Delmonico to elavate these players.

its now in the 9th, 2 outs and Reyes on board... 0-0 hope it will stay and go in the bottom of the 9th still tied

cant watch

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:28 pm 

They have done very well. It is great rooting for the underdog.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:44 pm 

It would be fantastic if the Netherlands had just one bat that scared another team. What is it now? 18 innings without a run?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:17 pm 

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:19 pm 

My house is filled with 20 gone crazy and wild dutchies

lets grab an HEINEKEN!!

Lets see.. 27 Innings Pitched, 6 runs allowed.. against a pretty darn good 3 line-ups.. just allowing 1 homer vs Tejada

Last edited by The DUTCH guy on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 pm 

That was a fantastic game. And made all the better by Yurendell De Caster, the former Pirates farmhand, getting the winning hit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 pm 

Exactly. Great story, Congrats to Nederlander's everywhere. Mrs AZBF came in from her run and saw the end. It was great when the announcer said "You ain't much if you ain't Dutch." LOLOL............How exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:35 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Exactly. Great story, Congrats to Nederlander's everywhere. Mrs AZBF came in from her run and saw the end. It was great when the announcer said "You ain't much if you ain't Dutch." LOLOL............How exciting.

Haha.. it's true ;)

well.. lets kick american butts next, venazualian hinies and revenge on puerto

sorry.. getting a bit to excited

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:41 pm 

You have nothing to be sorry for.....trust me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 am 

Dutchman, where'd you go? You've been missed over at the other board.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 am 

I am stoked that the Dutch advance!! Darned if the Aussies are not battling Cuba as well.

Way to go, Denmark!! The competitiveness of the games, the upsets, the nail biting finishes all mean that the quality of baseball around the rest of the world has taken off. Now, North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Australia, Asia, and Europe all field competitive teams.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:14 am 

omgardd wrote:
Dutchman, where'd you go? You've been missed over at the other board.

somehow i cant log in any more... kind of blocked i guessed.. pathetic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:15 am 

Bucfan wrote:
I am stoked that the Dutch advance!! Darned if the Aussies are not battling Cuba as well.

Way to go, Denmark!! The competitiveness of the games, the upsets, the nail biting finishes all mean that the quality of baseball around the rest of the world has taken off. Now, North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Australia, Asia, and Europe all field competitive teams.

denmark?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:02 am 

A quick geo-cultural lesson for bucfan:

Dutch = the NetherlandsImage=Image

Denmark Image on the other hand = Image

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:32 am 

Hey, piratesfan.from.NL, how are the Dutch responding to this? Is the WBC getting a lot of media coverage there?

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 pm 

LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
Hey, piratesfan.from.NL, how are the Dutch responding to this? Is the WBC getting a lot of media coverage there?

To be true, the dutch media is just now getting a bit hyped up. showing longer highlights on every station, and suddenly
aruba and curacao are dutch again!! But i think that is normal when something sensational happens from an unexpected effort. (there were the murders on curacoa/aruba with US natalie Hollaway and a dutch au-pair, that gave
the islands a bad name)
As far as my local friends and baseball team, everybody is up watching ESPN AMerica or tuned in on MLB.TV
Like the WBC broadcasters said, since mlb.tv is available everywhere, we are al subscripted..
Our most famous dutch sportscaster "Mart Smeets" luckily is an huge baseball fan, so he alone takes care of more coverage already..

Even if they are being beaten the next games, they are the heroes right now..

Last Sunday i gave my team training (yeah we are starting too) and were more new faces who wanted to try out then normal, loads of youth getting interested..

Last night my house was filled with around 20 baseball fanatics getting drunk on a normal work day @ 2 oçlock in the night.. Everybody took the morning off to recover, and for tonight we are of to our own clubhouse to watch the game on
bigscreen and barbeque @ night (starts 22.30 here). We dutch are known as the most colorfull country when it goes to supporting national teams.. everything turn Orange in a second and loads and loads of parties..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:22 pm 

PiratesFan.from.NL wrote:
Last night my house was filled with around 20 baseball fanatics getting drunk on a normal work day @ 2 oçlock in the night.. Everybody took the morning off to recover, and for tonight we are of to our own clubhouse to watch the game on
bigscreen and barbeque @ night (starts 22.30 here). We dutch are known as the most colorfull country when it goes to supporting national teams.. everything turn Orange in a second and loads and loads of parties..

Man that sounds like fun! Enjoy.