Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lefty goes 2-2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:23 pm 

PV lost to Scottsdale CC 4-2 yesterday. No. 1 took the loss going 5 1/3, 7 hits, 3 earned and 4 K and 2 BB. He threw well and kept his team in the game. His team reminds me of an expansion team offensively and defensively. Their pitching has been great. Out of 19 games they have had 15 quality starts. For them to be successful with their lack of offense, they need to be good defensively and they just aren't. I swear the 2B couldn't catch a cold in a snowstorm while naked.

Best part of the day was meeting the AD at SCC, Art Becker, who played in the ABA for about 6-7 years. I asked him about the Condor's John Brisker having previously heard about some issues that he had had with him. He said Brisker was a complete wack job. He related an anecdote about how he once was posting Brisker up and out of the blue Brisker, who was behind him, just turned and clocked him in the side of the head. He also had a good story about a Pittsburgh player Steve Chubin. Becker was sitting on the bench and Chubin's wife and another ASU guy who played for the Pipers, Dennis Hamilton's wife were sitting together. There was a woman two seats down who cheered everytime Chubin did something good. Chubin's wife finally asked here why she was cheering for Chubin and she replied that she was dating Chubin. Becker said that the moral of the story was to make sure you didn't get tickets for your girlfriend that were two seats away from your wife. LOLOL>

Post subject: Re: Lefty goes 2-2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:44 pm 

I've NEVER heard that happen before..insert some major league sarcasm here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:31 pm 

AZ ... good work by your son. Going into the 6th inning, giving up just 3 earned and 2 walks while working against 18-20 year old guys swinging metal bats, is an accomplishment.

This is a classic situation where somebody looking at the box score, and not knowing the details, would not appreciate the quality of a start like that. Seeing how well he threw, how he had to overcome defensive lapses, put starts like this into context.

P.S. Is Sam doing winter nationals? Bucfan's talented daugther, I should brag, completed her fourth and final Ivy League Championship in swimming and diving. She is a diver and finished 3rd in the 3-meter and 5th in the 1-meter.

An outstanding showing at the Nassua County Aquatic Facility in Long Island, and I am proud to say that I was there to see it ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:47 pm 

Congrats Bucfan...

Same to you AZ...Games like that are impressing to the coaches, too bad the box scores dont show that

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:53 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Congrats guys...

I promise not to say anything about "observations".

I would point out, in the proud daddy catagorie, that the young and talented ZelieKim just finished up her first year back on the ice at Cal U in goal, beating up on Villanova for the Div II womens hockey playoffs.

She originally had gone to Bowling Green, but they dropped the women's program, and she transferred to Cal U (PA) when they started up a women's ice hockey program.

ZM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:01 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
I promise not to say anything about "observations".

I would point out, in the proud daddy catagorie, that the young and talented ZelieKim just finished up her first year back on the ice at Cal U in goal, beating up on Villanova for the Div II womens hockey playoffs.

Very nice. How odd that a bunch of fat asses on the UPPMB have such seriously talented and athletic offspring.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:04 pm 

LOL. You on another roll today Bucfan? Surely a good start.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:44 pm 

I get it 'fat asses' and 'another roll'. The hits just keep coming....

Congrats to all, guessing that the kids all had very athletic moms.