Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leyland Is Changing Up His Defense
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:42 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Quote:
The Detroit Tigers will have a new look when they take the field Wednesday against the Texas Rangers.

Detroit manager Jim Leyland announced after Tuesday’s 10-2 victory over the Rangers that Miguel Cabrera will be moving from third base to first, with Carlos Guillen moving to third from first.

Quote:
Leyland did not take any questions on the move but did address the situation after Tuesday’s win.

“I’m going to make a major announcement and I’m not going to answer questions about it,” Leyland said. “I’m going to make a statement and I’m going to leave it at that. We will now be moving Miguel Cabrera to first base and Carlos Guillen to third base. The reason is, we think at this particular time, it gives us a better team. So that’s what we’re doing.

“I just wanted everybody to know so that when you came in tomorrow and saw Guillen playing third and Cabrera playing first, you already know it from me so you’re not shocked and everybody panicking, running around, acting crazy.”

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Leyland Is Changing Up His Defense
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:00 pm 
nad69dan wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ah2HH81ZgfH7Wh9xqp67Ls6FCLcF?slug=txtigersswitch&prov=st&type=lgns

Quote:
The Detroit Tigers will have a new look when they take the field Wednesday against the Texas Rangers.

Detroit manager Jim Leyland announced after Tuesday’s 10-2 victory over the Rangers that Miguel Cabrera will be moving from third base to first, with Carlos Guillen moving to third from first.

Quote:
Leyland did not take any questions on the move but did address the situation after Tuesday’s win.

“I’m going to make a major announcement and I’m not going to answer questions about it,” Leyland said. “I’m going to make a statement and I’m going to leave it at that. We will now be moving Miguel Cabrera to first base and Carlos Guillen to third base. The reason is, we think at this particular time, it gives us a better team. So that’s what we’re doing.

“I just wanted everybody to know so that when you came in tomorrow and saw Guillen playing third and Cabrera playing first, you already know it from me so you’re not shocked and everybody panicking, running around, acting crazy.”

I hope he's not over-managing.