Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Kittle Says Canseco Should Fear For His Life
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7239
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29366800/

Quote:
Former Chicago White Sox slugger Ron Kittle says Jose Canseco should fear for his safety after exposing baseball's steroid problem in his books and with his public statements, the Chicago Tribune reported Tuesday.

"My first thought was: 'I wonder who's going to be the first one to shoot him,'" said Kittle, who was the American League Rookie of the Year in 1983 after hitting 35 home runs. He had 176 career home runs in 10 seasons with the White Sox, Yankees, Indians and Orioles

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kittle Says Canseco Should Fear For His Life
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
I guess the steroids didn't help Ron Kittle... I had his baseball card, I used it in my spokes on my bike. It made a cool sound.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kittle Says Canseco Should Fear For His Life
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:17 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
My first thought was, "Who the hell cares what Ron Kittle has to say?" Gorman Thomas maybe, but Kittle?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kittle Says Canseco Should Fear For His Life
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
Canseco should get in to the Hall for what he did.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kittle Says Canseco Should Fear For His Life
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10577
Argentum wrote:
My first thought was, "Who the hell cares what Ron Kittle has to say?" Gorman Thomas maybe, but Kittle?

I was a teenager in Sacramento when Stormin' Gorman Thomas played for the Sacramento Solons in 1974. He hit 51 HR's that year, and did not lead the league.

Sacramento played their games in a stadium with a 252' left field fence ...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kittle Says Canseco Should Fear For His Life
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:09 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
Bucfan wrote:
I was a teenager in Sacramento when Stormin' Gorman Thomas played for the Sacramento Solons in 1974. He hit 51 HR's that year, and did not lead the league.

Sacramento played their games in a stadium with a 252' left field fence ...


I remember liking Thomas because he looked mean. At that time football players weren't the behemoths that they are today and Gorman looked like he could play for the Steelers.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kittle Says Canseco Should Fear For His Life
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:46 pm 
Online
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6211
I remember a Sporting News article about just that back in the day. Back when the Sporting News was relevant.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kittle Says Canseco Should Fear For His Life
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7239
Bucfan wrote:
Argentum wrote:
My first thought was, "Who the hell cares what Ron Kittle has to say?" Gorman Thomas maybe, but Kittle?

I was a teenager in Sacramento when Stormin' Gorman Thomas played for the Sacramento Solons in 1974. He hit 51 HR's that year, and did not lead the league.

Sacramento played their games in a stadium with a 252' left field fence ...



When I played Legion ball one of the away fields I played on was a Pony League regulation field...I used to love those games...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Az Bucco fan, Bing [Bot], IA Pirate and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits