Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UPPMB Fantasy League
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:51 pm 

I'm posting this thread in the Rotunda for those who might be interested but do not regularly visit the other portions of the message board...it will be moved to that section of the board in a few days.

As you probably know, the board has a yearly fantasy baseball league. It is a keeper league, and this year we want to add 3 teams. We play 5x5 roto, with OBP used instead of average. In order to expand, new teams will get to take part in an expansion draft and take their first 10 players from the keepers of other teams. The way this will work is that each returning team keeps 10 players and then protects 6. The remaining pool of keepers is available. For every player taken, the returning team gets to replace it with another player from their roster. That guarantees that each new team will have some decent players, but still allows returning managers to keep the best of their players. If that is not clear or you want more details, PM me.

Anyways, we want to get additional managers that will remain active throughout the year...so if you plan on quitting if your team isn't competitive, don't bother. If you want in, send me a PM. If more than 3 people PM me, we will use board seniority as a deciding factor, as I know several have played in years past but not last year.

If interest is really high, perhaps we will start a second league? We shall see.

Post subject: Re: UPPMB Fantasy League
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:42 pm 

One spot left! PM me ASAP if you want in, it should be a really good league this year. Also, if I sent you the sign up info and you haven't joined yet, please do so soon...I can't change the league settings until everyone is in, because as soon as someone joins it reverts back to the original settings.