Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pimentel.....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:05 pm 

.....MOTHER FUCKING BLOWS!!!!! DFA this piece of shit immediately! I don't want to hear about potential. I don't want to hear about raw talent! I don't care if some other team claims him and he wins five straight Cy Youngs at some point in the future!

Every game he enters gets out of hand!

Post subject: Re: Pimentel.....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:33 pm 

Agreed. Gomez isn't much better.

But this is also how I feel about Alvarez right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 am 

Corsair wrote:
.....MOTHER FUCKING BLOWS!!!!! DFA this piece of shit immediately! I don't want to hear about potential. I don't want to hear about raw talent! I don't care if some other team claims him and he wins five straight Cy Youngs at some point in the future!

If he won 5 cy youngs after being cut you would probably be on here complaining about how bad of a GM Neal is for cutting him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:26 am 

rellimie wrote:
Corsair wrote:

If he won 5 cy youngs after being cut you would probably be on here complaining about how bad of a GM Neal is for cutting him.

No, just like you've never seen me bitch about Jose Bautista or Brandon Moss or fill in the blank on this board....... This is now. The team has a shot in a very winnable division in a very winnable year! They can't afford a long reliever who is a walking gasoline can with a rag stuffed into it every single time he takes the mound.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:43 pm 

Corsair wrote:
rellimie wrote:
Corsair wrote:

No, just like you've never seen me bitch about Jose Bautista or Brandon Moss or fill in the blank on this board....... This is now. The team has a shot in a very winnable division in a very winnable year! They can't afford a long reliever who is a walking gasoline can with a rag stuffed into it every single time he takes the mound.

One of my favorite phrases, "they can't afford". Ranks right up there with, "can't be any worse".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:51 pm 

He's gone in reaction to acquiring Axford.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
One of my favorite phrases, "they can't afford". Ranks right up there with, "can't be any worse".

^This. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:58 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
[

One of my favorite phrases, "they can't afford". Ranks right up there with, "can't be any worse".[/quote]

And your point would be???????? So they should just keep throwing him out there because they "can't afford" to lose his potential? As I pointed out on another thread, this isn't Charlie Morton, circa 2010, where the team was going to suck regardless of how Charlie worked things out! This is a near playoff contending team who can't afford his atrocious current pitching!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:20 pm 

Their problem is/was having 2 mop up guys. They treated Pimentel like a Rule 5 pick all year, he had no discernible role or routine and he's a guy they want as a starter, not a reliever, so they just kind of wasted a year with him.

They didn't seem to have a plan for him whatsoever. You'd hate to see them lose a starter with a 94-95 fastball and plus slider for Jeanmar Gomez.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 pm 

Corsair wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
[

And your point would be???????? So they should just keep throwing him out there because they "can't afford" to lose his potential? As I pointed out on another thread, this isn't Charlie Morton, circa 2010, where the team was going to suck regardless of how Charlie worked things out! This is a near playoff contending team who can't afford his atrocious current pitching![/quote]
My point is that they're a couple of my favorite phrases, because it's rare that either is correct.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:58 pm 

StarlingArcher wrote:
Their problem is/was having 2 mop up guys. They treated Pimentel like a Rule 5 pick all year, he had no discernible role or routine and he's a guy they want as a starter, not a reliever, so they just kind of wasted a year with him.

They didn't seem to have a plan for him whatsoever. You'd hate to see them lose a starter with a 94-95 fastball and plus slider for Jeanmar Gomez.

There you go, that's the problem. If Jeanmar could get back to being a ground ball machine again, there's no problem with carrying Stolmy. Between the two, Gomez is the one I'd dump first.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:20 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Hahaha, riiiiiiiight. See you in September!

7:00 PM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:28 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
Hahaha, riiiiiiiight. See you in September!

What they didn't mention was that Pimentel sprained his ankle after Hurdle pushed him down a flight of stairs.