Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:15 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 pm
Posts: 97
They need to bring him up right now to help with the back end of the pen. I've known his older brother Lincoln for a long time and he throws absolute GAS. 97-100 with sick movement. He had trouble with control early in his career but the Bucs signed him out of Indy ball this year and he's been dealing. He could close right now at the big league level. With how wild and unpredictable Wilson has been now is the time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:34 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 pm
Posts: 97
Go to the Indianapolis website and check out the clip of Holdzkom at 1:53 on the August 4th game highlights.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:17 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2574
Dude's like what, 6"8"? They do have some bullpen depth at AAA.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:14 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 pm
Posts: 97
doug frobel wrote:
Dude's like what, 6"8"? They do have some bullpen depth at AAA.


Yeah 6'7" I think officially. He's always had a huge arm but couldn't find the strike zone when he was young and had some personal issues as well. Definitely a late bloomer. A lucky and perfect timing find for the Bucs. Hopefully they'll give him a shot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Naples, FL
Ehhh, why not?

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Ehhh, why not?


Does Ernesto Frieri have any options left? If so, they can send down to AAA and not have to let anyone go.

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6208
Location: Keystone State
I am pretty sure he does.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:39 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2574
bucco boy wrote:
I am pretty sure he does.


No, he doesn't. I asked that question on this board the first sign of struggle here, and that was the answer I got. Neither does Pimentel. That's the only way those two are on the roster right now. In Pimentel's case, it's not that he's so bad, it's just that he would benefit from regular work at AAA. And we really have some arms down there that could help us, Holdzkum being one. Mazzaro being another. Also AJ Morris when he comes back from injury.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:15 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 920
Location: Rochester, New York
doug frobel wrote:
bucco boy wrote:
I am pretty sure he does.


No, he doesn't. I asked that question on this board the first sign of struggle here, and that was the answer I got. Neither does Pimentel. That's the only way those two are on the roster right now. In Pimentel's case, it's not that he's so bad, it's just that he would benefit from regular work at AAA. And we really have some arms down there that could help us, Holdzkum being one. Mazzaro being another. Also AJ Morris when he comes back from injury.


Boston must have thought a ton of Pimental to use all of his options that early. Kind of sucks for us now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: John Holdzkom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5418
Location: Pittsburgh
urbman21 wrote:
doug frobel wrote:
Dude's like what, 6"8"? They do have some bullpen depth at AAA.


Yeah 6'7" I think officially. He's always had a huge arm but couldn't find the strike zone when he was young and had some personal issues as well. Definitely a late bloomer. A lucky and perfect timing find for the Bucs. Hopefully they'll give him a shot.

He couldn't find the strike zone in 178 minor league innings, but you think he's solved that based on the 27 innings he's pitched this season while averaging 3 walks per 9 innings? I'm sorry, I have to see a lot more than he's shown so far before I'll believe he won't go back to walking 7 per 9 innings again.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], No. 9, val and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits