Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 2151
That one will leave a nice bruise. Hope this is over with.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:22 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2622
That's totally Bush League. There is no way Frieri did that on purpose last night. So just because it was Goldschmidt, they feel they have to hit Cutch. I'll bet MLB doesn't fine or suspend because it's only the Pirates. Kirk Gibson is a complete punk.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:23 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2622
Wow- Walkie is really giving it to the Snakes from the booth. Called them "gutless."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:26 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2230
doug frobel wrote:
Wow- Walkie is really giving it to the Snakes from the booth. Called them "gutless."


Walk telling it like it is. Punks!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2176
Morel on fire!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2176
doug frobel wrote:
That's totally Bush League. There is no way Frieri did that on purpose last night. So just because it was Goldschmidt, they feel they have to hit Cutch. I'll bet MLB doesn't fine or suspend because it's only the Pirates. Kirk Gibson is a complete punk.

This should come as no surprise if you've followed Gibson. Pretty typical...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:30 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2622
I have never seen Cutch this pissed! He is always so upbeat.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:31 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2230
MLB needs to crackdown on this bullshit. Delgado and Gibson should be suspended. Cutch is pissed! Watch out. How much you want to bet he goes on a tear now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:31 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2622
They are no longer the DBacks to me. They are now the DBags!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:33 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2622
Clevelandsux wrote:
MLB needs to crackdown on this bullshit. Delgado and Gibson should be suspended. Cutch is pissed! Watch out. How much you want to bet he goes on a tear now.


Yeah- they changed to rule book to protect one MVP (Pussy, I mean Posey), so they better step up here, too!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:33 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2230
PirateParrot wrote:
doug frobel wrote:
That's totally Bush League. There is no way Frieri did that on purpose last night. So just because it was Goldschmidt, they feel they have to hit Cutch. I'll bet MLB doesn't fine or suspend because it's only the Pirates. Kirk Gibson is a complete punk.

This should come as no surprise if you've followed Gibson. Pretty typical...


Gibson looks like a hunkered up old drunk these days. Suspend his ass!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:37 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2230
Come on Ernesto, quit screwing around!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2176
They've got to get rid of Frieri. Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, would be better...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:37 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2230
PirateParrot wrote:
They've got to get rid of Frieri. Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, would be better...


Agreed!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:38 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 933
I know that Ernesto is not very good right now but he has good stuff, just doesn't seem to know how to use it. An off season with Ray and I think he is going to be decent for us.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:38 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 933
PirateParrot wrote:
They've got to get rid of Frieri. Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, would be better...


Jon van Benschoten


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:42 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 2622
rellimie wrote:
I know that Ernesto is not very good right now but he has good stuff, just doesn't seem to know how to use it. An off season with Ray and I think he is going to be decent for us.


I was just thinking that. Seems to be life on the fastball- good velocity. Slider's not too bad. Just can't command anything right now. I'm just not sure we can hide him for the rest of the season. We can't get him through waivers...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2176
rellimie wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:
They've got to get rid of Frieri. Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, would be better...


Jon van Benschoten

He may be just as bad, but he would make up for it with an occasional emergency pinch hit!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:56 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: Tejas
doug frobel wrote:
rellimie wrote:
I know that Ernesto is not very good right now but he has good stuff, just doesn't seem to know how to use it. An off season with Ray and I think he is going to be decent for us.


I was just thinking that. Seems to be life on the fastball- good velocity. Slider's not too bad. Just can't command anything right now. I'm just not sure we can hide him for the rest of the season. We can't get him through waivers...


Just get to September and they can bury him when rosters expand.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs. Snakes (August 2)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2176
StarlingArcher wrote:
doug frobel wrote:
rellimie wrote:
I know that Ernesto is not very good right now but he has good stuff, just doesn't seem to know how to use it. An off season with Ray and I think he is going to be decent for us.


I was just thinking that. Seems to be life on the fastball- good velocity. Slider's not too bad. Just can't command anything right now. I'm just not sure we can hide him for the rest of the season. We can't get him through waivers...


Just get to September and they can bury him when rosters expand.

Maybe he can come up with an "injury" because a month in a pennant race is a long time to hide someone...AND they are still sort of hiding Pimentel too, not to mention Gomez doesn't get too much high leverage work either.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], sisyphus, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits