Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:36 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:40 am
Posts: 94
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08135/881712-100.stm

Ugh


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
Mayor Mystery wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08135/881712-100.stm

Ugh

Don't worry, he'll barely get off of the bench. At least he'll play good defense in his rare appearances.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
Mayor Mystery wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08135/881712-100.stm

Ugh


And who were they supposed to replace Doumit with? Go and make a trade with someone?

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1330
Had to be done. Even if they are looking at alternatives, they needed someone right away.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
nad69dan wrote:
Mayor Mystery wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08135/881712-100.stm

Ugh


And who were they supposed to replace Doumit with? Go and make a trade with someone?

They should trade Matt Kata for Mike Piazza and a time machine. Because anything less could cost us the division, you know.

ROFL.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:40 am
Posts: 94
burghermeister wrote:
Had to be done. Even if they are looking at alternatives, they needed someone right away.


That's what I'm thinking burghermeister. This is short term to get a body in here. The GM will evaluate options as this thing unfolds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:54 am 
sisyphus wrote:
Mayor Mystery wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08135/881712-100.stm

Ugh

Don't worry, he'll barely get off of the bench. At least he'll play good defense in his rare appearances.


Well Sisy you were wrong - he got off the bench plenty. And MM, no trade was needed. Does getting enjoyment out of other people being wrong make me spiteful?

OK, so I'm spiteful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
Elmer wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Mayor Mystery wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08135/881712-100.stm

Ugh

Don't worry, he'll barely get off of the bench. At least he'll play good defense in his rare appearances.


Well Sisy you were wrong - he got off the bench plenty. And MM, no trade was needed. Does getting enjoyment out of other people being wrong make me spiteful?

OK, so I'm spiteful.

I was wrong about his getting off of the bench, but I ws certainly right about the good defense. I think that sending down Paulino was the right move. Here's hoping that I'm wrong again.

By the way, Elmer, I don't recall seeing your post predicting wonderful things from Chavez. Why is that?

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates recall Chavez
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:40 pm 
sisyphus wrote:
I was wrong about his getting off of the bench,


GASP. HE ADMITTED HE WAS WRONG.

sisyphus wrote:
but I ws certainly right about the good defense. I think that sending down Paulino was the right move. Here's hoping that I'm wrong again.

By the way, Elmer, I don't recall seeing your post predicting wonderful things from Chavez. Why is that?


I didn't think Chavez was going to be as serviceable as he has been, but I was more down on Paulino than anything. He's garbage.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits