Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heads Up, Andrew
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:02 pm 

Last night in the bottom of the ninth inning when the Pirates were up 9-4, Frieri hit Paul Goldschmidt in the hand. Arizona was not happy about it at all. Today, the D'Backs announced that Goldschmidt was placed on the 15 day DL with a fractured hand. I would be shocked if McCutchen doesn't get drilled in tonight's game.

Post subject: Re: Heads Up, Andrew
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:09 pm 

Doubly true since the D'Backs see themselves as the protectors of all that is good and righteous in the world of baseball's unwritten rules. Still shocked they didn't go after Brian McCann harder this offseason.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:14 pm 

TheTimeIsNow wrote:
Last night in the bottom of the ninth inning when the Pirates were up 9-4, Frieri hit Paul Goldschmidt in the hand. Arizona was not happy about it at all. Today, the D'Backs announced that Goldschmidt was placed on the 15 day DL with a fractured hand. I would be shocked if McCutchen doesn't get drilled in tonight's game.

Let's see the X-rays! :D

If Chase Anderson wants to throw at Cutch at some point tonight against the D-Backs, it will be a most interesting game! Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Chase Anderson getting tossed from the game. He's a very good pitcher (of course I wouldn't want to see Cutch get hurt either). Stay loose and be prepared...that goes for all of the Pirate players...!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:29 pm 

I don't get it. If the d backs knew anything at all about Friere, it is that he is wild as all get out. He was all over the place every hitter. One perfect pitch then two head high. There is no reason for him to throw at the guy. D Backs seemed a little butt hurt by it all. That said, I agree, be prepared tonight boys. I don't recall any bad blood in the past between these two teams. 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:18 pm 

There's that chance tonight. Head on a swivel. I watched the hbp over and over and other than the pitch coming up hands high it really want that far in. Marte has been plugged like numerous times and has even been shelved because if it. I don't remember benches clearing or retaliation talk. It happens. There was no message trying to be sent.