Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Let me talk to Neal...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:39 pm 

bassoondirector wrote:
The Pirates HAVE to move Pedro to 1B. The guy has become a liability to the Pirates at 3B with these throwing errors.

If they want his bat in the line up, Pedro has to move to 1B.

I think he would be very good playing 1B. He picks the ball very, very well and Pedro moves very, very well. He might even ENJOY playing 1B, become more relaxed overall and strike out less when he does come to the plate.

Move Harrison to 3B on a regular basis after Marte joins the line up again, and then move Pedro to 1B.

I'd rather see Pedro's bat in the line up at 1B versus the two guys who ARE NOT getting the job done offensively who are there now...Davis and Gabby...outs waiting to happen as far as I'm concerned.

Pedro is an out waiting to happen NOW, but I believe the move to 1B would solve two big issues he has...it would obviously eliminate his throwing errors...and his bat would wake up (I believe) because of the move to 1B. Pedro will become more productive offensively at 1B...more Home Runs, less K's...and more RBI's.

That's what I believe.

Even if you move Pedro to first, he's barely better than Davis against righties this year, and you still have to play Sanchez against lefties, because they turn Pedro into Clint Barmes' little sister, as they always have.