Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Batting Order
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:13 am 

sisyphus wrote:
Elmer wrote:
I'm not going to throw out specific names bc that proves to be nothing but a dart target on this board. But I'm saying if NH got Yates for a song, I think he could do the same kind of thing with a catcher.

Just what I expected to hear. It doesn't leave your argument with much credibility if you refuse to back it up. But it sure does let you criticize management no matter what happens, doesn't it?

I recall someone who claims to have knowledge about player value stating that Xavier Nady should be traded, and that the player acquired in the trade should be better than Nady since Nady is a below-average player.

Shouldn't that someone post who Nady will get in a trade? If he fails to do so, won't he be making an argument without much credibility?

Doing my best to ignore this someone, but the quote feature overrides the ignore feature.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:42 am 

No. 9 wrote:
Willton/Econo -
I know that you don't believe in the concept of hitter protection but I firmly believe that Bautista will see better pitches to hit with McLouth in the on-deck circle and Bay in the hole. Why would any pitcher - in his right mind - give Bautista much to hit with Bixler on-deck and the pitcher in the hole?

Further, Bautista should understand that the #2 spot demands for him to become more selective. If he walks, he's got the heart of the lineup ready to knock him in.

This lineup desperately needs not only to have Sanchez keep hitting and for LaRoche to continue waking up but for Bautista to pick up the slack. He's no stranger to hitting higher in the order and he's had some previous successes up near the top.

You could make the same argument Bixler, in that he'd get more pitches to hit if he weren't batting ahead of the pitcher. Does that mean we should bat Bixler higher in the order as well?

If you want to talk about protection, shouldn't Sanchez deserve more protection than Bautista? Sanchez is the better hitter (historically, anyway), and I always thought that the idea was to protect your best hitters. If that is so, why protect Bautista at the expense of Sanchez? Bautista does not strike me as one who would provide much protection to other hitters.

I'm sure Bautista gets plenty of good pitches to hit whereever he his in the lineup, considering that pitchers probably are not afraid of him. Just because Bautista will theoretically get better pitches to hit does not mean he'll be able to do more with them. Bautista is already a patient, selective hitter, and I don't think that will change depending on where he bats in the lineup. Bautista's problem is that he's not good at making contact, and my guess is that has everything to do with Bautista and nothing to do with the hitters around him.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:18 am 

Bucfan wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Elmer wrote:
I'm not going to throw out specific names bc that proves to be nothing but a dart target on this board. But I'm saying if NH got Yates for a song, I think he could do the same kind of thing with a catcher.

Just what I expected to hear. It doesn't leave your argument with much credibility if you refuse to back it up. But it sure does let you criticize management no matter what happens, doesn't it?

I recall someone who claims to have knowledge about player value stating that Xavier Nady should be traded, and that the player acquired in the trade should be better than Nady since Nady is a below-average player.

Another lie from the coward. I said that Nady is a below average right fielder, not a below average player.

Quote:
Shouldn't that someone post who Nady will get in a trade? If he fails to do so, won't he be making an argument without much credibility?

Doing my best to ignore this someone, but the quote feature overrides the ignore feature.

Do you really think I'll answer questions from somebody who is ignoring me? LOL.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:22 pm 

Sissy wrote:
Another lie from the coward. I said that Nady is a below average right fielder, not a below average player.

Genius. Baseball guru. Message board know-it-all. And internet tough guy.

Quite a resume, for a guy who lives in his mom's basement.

We all read your pompous pronouncements about Nady. Don't try to change your opinion because you have been exposed as a blow-hard pretender.

Cliff Clayven is Isaac Newton compared to you.

Bucfan wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Do you really think I'll answer questions from somebody who is ignoring me? LOL.

Sissy, sissy, sissy.

You are a total blow-hard fraud. Put up or shut up.

Actually, I think the concensus of those on the board is, please do both. Or, if you do just one, please make it the latter.

And P.S. you fraud - we are laughing at you, not with you. (LAFAS [laughing at fat-ass sissy])

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:32 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Sissy wrote:

We all read your pompous pronouncements about Nady. Don't try to change your opinion because you have been exposed as a blow-hard pretender.

Bucfan wrote:
sisyphus wrote:

Sissy, sissy, sissy.

Actually, I think the concensus of those on the board is, please do both. Or, if you do just one, please make it the latter.

And P.S. you fraud - we are laughing at you, not with you. (LAFAS [laughing at fat-ass sissy])

Bucfan I love reading you slam sissy. The downside is (as you pointed out) the quote button overrides the ignore feature and, as a result, I have to read his garbage.

Why are you arguing with someone who is NEVER wrong???

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:36 pm 

Mayor Mystery wrote:
Bucfan I love reading you slam sissy. The downside is (as you pointed out) the quote button overrides the ignore feature and, as a result, I have to read his garbage.

My apologies. You are correct.

I was wrong to quote the Great and Powerful Sissy.

Sissy-Fraud Being an Internet Tough Guy

It won't happen again.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:52 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Sissy wrote:

Feel free to go back and find the post wherein I call Nady a below average PLAYER. While you're at it, find the one in which I threaten anybody.

Bucfan wrote:
sisyphus wrote:

Sissy, sissy, sissy.

I take it, then, that I am off of your ignore list?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:58 pm 

Both of you are acting like asinine pricks. Let it go.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:01 pm 

Willton wrote:

Let the coward keep it up. He looks like a bigger ass with every post now that he's moved on to one namecalling post after another.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:05 pm 

(Insert the Theme From Rocky)...

Bucfan vs Sisy

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:11 pm 

While I admit that I enjoy you two name calling, it needs to stop sometime. You guys need to kiss and make-up, now.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:14 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
While I admit that I enjoy you two name calling, it needs to stop sometime. You guys need to kiss and make-up, now.

Thought I would be a smart ass and post a picture of two guys kissing. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT, search google images using the term "two guys kissing". I should have known.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:14 pm 

BBF wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:

Thought I would be a smart ass and post a picture of two guys kissing. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT, search google images using the term "two guys kissing". I should have known.

ROFL.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:25 pm 

BBF wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:

Thats why I went with the picture of the Rock'em Sock'em Robots, my first thought was kiss and make up...I have a feeling I'm going to have nightmares tonight

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:28 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
Willton wrote:

Let the coward keep it up. He looks like a bigger ass with every post now that he's moved on to one namecalling post after another.

And you're egging him on. Just stop.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:37 pm 

Willton wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Willton wrote:

And you're egging him on. Just stop.

I will not put him on ignore, I will not refrain from replying to any posts he submits concerning baseball in general if I feel I have something to say about the subject matter of the post, I will continue to call him a coward when he feels the need to snipe at me from behind the cover of the ignore feature, and I'll continue to call him a liar when he lies about what I have posted. Other than that, I'll leave him alone. I can't help it if he can't tolerate anything but attaboy posts.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:10 pm 

nad69dan wrote:

Bucfan vs Sisy

Sisy is on the left.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:32 am 
Bucfan wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

Bucfan vs Sisy

Sisy is on the left.

Hahahaha. Read some of the posts on this board and that's obvious.