Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Huston Street
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 am 

TheShark wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
That team was so bad that I still don't consider it a collapse. Chase D'Arnaud was playing a major role that year!

The catcher injury carousel that led to McKenry: regular.

We all know that The Fort was a back-up type catcher, but I'll always remember him fondly for crushing that double off of Chapman in Cincy...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:26 am 

J_C_Steel wrote:
We all know that The Fort was a back-up type catcher, but I'll always remember him fondly for crushing that double off of Chapman in Cincy...

Was at that game at GABP so I remember it fondly, as well. What was more shocking was that Barmes was in scoring position because he laced a double to the gap off of Chapman in the previous AB.

McKenry was a nice story, it's a shame his defense was so atrocious last year because he really didn't project to be a bad back-up option if his CS% didn't completely fall off. I thought he might have been on to something with his HR:AB ratio the previous year, but it really diminished his value when he never displayed any power last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:12 pm 

StarlingArcher wrote:
buccosfan77 wrote:
Wouldn't it suck to give up a high end prospect for a reliever (closer) who probably won't pitch all that much?

Chris Davis for Koji Uehara.

Seriously, I still hold the unwillingness to trade Hanrahan against NH. That team was awful, was near 500 because of smoke and mirrors, and he refuses to trade his closer because the fanbase still thinks it's a relevant position. Unreal. The Rangers wanted Hanrahan and we refuse to part with him because we're "in it".

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh but that was ridiculous. I try to listen to podcasts buy Guy Junker and Ken Laird are f*cking maroons. It's maddening. John Fedko should have his credentials stripped as well. Jesus Cristo. Those guys always think they should be aggressive because they "owe us".

So Huntington told you why they didn't deal Hanrahan? I didn't know that you two were so close.

It couldn't be because he wasn't all that thrilled with the offers he was getting, could it?