Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Arod Tests Positive
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:35 pm 

This is as big of a surprise as when you come home from work on your birthday and see a bunch of cars parked outfront of your house and when you go in all your friends and family jump out and say surprise.
Like everybody didn't see this one coming.

Lets plays the name game.Who do you think will be the next name to come out?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:03 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
I think there was evidence prior to that, you have a 190 pound SS in Texas and a 230 pound 3rd baseman in New York...but no one really cared because his name wasnt Bonds

I could less and these writers and the media need to get this out of their systems and let the game move on...

A Rod did steroids but guess what? He didnt break any MLB rules so its legal...if the media wants to go after someone, go after Selig for allowing this to go on as long as it did...

Well said. I've been saying the same thing for some time. Baseball should be ashamed they didn't have a legitimate policy in place, or that they turned their backs on it for so long. Whichever. Now they are all crying while the media takes shots at the game. Just another black eye for a sport that hasn't gotten a lot right lately.

And for all the Bonds haters he didn't break any rules either...

I loved watching Bonds play but thought he was a jerk. I hate Clemens. I hate ARod. But honestly you'd think they were the only guys doing this stuff. Like I said another mismanaged situation by MLB.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:41 pm 

Baseball had an anti-steroid policy since the early 90s. They just didnt have punitive measures in place due to a very strong and defensive union. On the other hand, steroids have been illegal without a prescription since 1990, so federal laws have been broken.

As for whether Bonds broke any rules, if you dont believe that yet you never will. A jury will have its own opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:02 pm 

Kingston wrote:
Baseball had an anti-steroid policy since the early 90s. They just didnt have punitive measures in place due to a very strong and defensive union. On the other hand, steroids have been illegal without a prescription since 1990, so federal laws have been broken.

As for whether Bonds broke any rules, if you dont believe that yet you never will. A jury will have its own opinion.

First of all, that's not what I said. I said rules, not laws. If he perjured himself or broke other laws that's one thing. I said he broke no rules, meaning baseball.

As for baseball's anti-steroid policy...please. Saying we don't want players to use steroids is hardly a policy. Without the punishment what's the point. "We'd like you to not balk while pitching. What? Oh no, there is no consequence for it, we just don't want you to do it." C'mon. And I'm sick of hearing about the union. Let's be honest...the commissioner, owners, GM's, managers all turned their backs and hoped it would go away. And if the union is that powerful(and I don't disagree really that it is) then baseball will continue to suffer. It's long been time for the owners to get a collective backbone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:05 pm 

PirateParrot wrote:
Kingston wrote:

First of all, that's not what I said. I said rules, not laws. If he perjured himself or broke other laws that's one thing. I said he broke no rules, meaning baseball.

As for baseball's anti-steroid policy...please. Saying we don't want players to use steroids is hardly a policy. Without the punishment what's the point. "We'd like you to not balk while pitching. What? Oh no, there is no consequence for it, we just don't want you to do it." C'mon. And I'm sick of hearing about the union. Let's be honest...the commissioner, owners, GM's, managers all turned their backs and hoped it would go away. And if the union is that powerful(and I don't disagree really that it is) then baseball will continue to suffer. It's long been time for the owners to get a collective backbone.

Truthfully, I agree pretty much with your 2nd paragraph. I just feel that when every one is at fault it doesnt let the individual at fault off the hook.

Re Bonds; I believe he took steroids after 2003, which would mean he broke rules while punitive measures were in place. If you disagree, thats fine.

Post subject: Re: Arod Tests Positive/Now Admits It
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:29 pm 

Alex Rodriguez admitted to using steroids from 2001-03 while with the Rangers.

The interview with ESPN's Peter Gammons will go online later Monday. It's currently unclear whether Rodriguez admitted to using substances beyond what SI.com revealed. Going forward with this story was probably A-Rod's best option.
There's no good reason to believe him if he says he suddenly decided to stop cheating upon joining the Yankees in 2004, but he has never failed another test.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:56 pm 

Rangers trainer Billy "Juice" Newton shocked at A-Rod allegation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:02 pm 

Luis Gonzalez expresses sadness at A-Rod allegation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 pm 

That picture of Gonzo says Steroids all over it.Look at his veins.He looks like the WWE wrestler Batista

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
That picture of Gonzo says Steroids all over it.Look at his veins.He looks like the WWE wrestler Batista

Gonzalez and former Oriole Brady Anderson were two of the most obvious juicers in baseball ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:44 pm 

Luis Gonzalez, you've just won the World Series, where aren't you going?

"I'm not going to Pittsburgh!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:29 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

Gonzalez and former Oriole Brady Anderson were two of the most obvious juicers in baseball ...

I'd add Brett Boone to that list as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:35 pm 

Terry Steinbach.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:37 pm 

Marvin Benard.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:09 pm 

Big Poppa Pump is your hookup.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 pm 

Andy wrote:

Big Poppa Pump is your hookup.

Holla if ya hear me?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:21 pm 

Alex P. Keaton wrote:
Marvin Benard.

Well congrats on your first post outside of the the Hunnington must go.
The count is now at 109 posts in the Hunnington must go topic and 1 elsewhere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:28 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Alex P. Keaton wrote:
Marvin Benard.

Well congrats on your first post outside of the the Hunnington must go.
The count is now at 109 posts in the Hunnington must go topic and 1 elsewhere

I wasn't aware we needed to keep a certain posting balance between certain threads.

Thanks for the solid.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am 

LMAO @ Colin..you almost made me spit out my coffee from laughing so hard..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:37 am 

This whole juice thing has had me go back and start reading looking into the Black Sox thing.Read a book called Burying The Black Sox written by a guy from Pittsburgh.The way baseball tried to cover up this thing is the way they tried to cover that thing 90 years ago

The thing that gets me is how some people take the side of these guys,some people want to talk about how the players were told their names would not come out instead of the reason they were on the list.

Sorry but if these guys are put in The Hall you have to go back and start making some wrongs right from Pete Rose
to Buck Weaver.Don't know if Buck would have been a Hall of Famer but clear his name.