Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Arod Tests Positive/Now Admits It
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:47 pm 

it's just sick, SICK, how disrespectful you guys are being to ARod on this message board. You shouldn't be so disrespectful to the man. He's merely trying to make a living and provide for his children and all you can do is disrespect him on a message board? I hope if he did read this you'd be more respectful. You are sad, pathetic little men.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:00 pm 

DealNothington wrote:
it's just sick, SICK, how disrespectful you guys are being to ARod on this message board. You shouldn't be so disrespectful to the man. He's merely trying to make a living and provide for his children and all you can do is disrespect him on a message board? I hope if he did read this you'd be more respectful. You are sad, pathetic little men.

So its ok to cheat, so you can "feed" your children. Damn, 25Mill a year just doesn't stretch that far anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:28 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
DealNothington wrote:

So its ok to cheat, so you can "feed" your children. Damn, 25Mill a year just doesn't stretch that far anymore.

why aren't you up in arms about the other 104 people that tested positive for PED use? No, you just go after 1 person. you are pathetic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:20 pm 

DealNothington wrote:
Piratefan13 wrote:
DealNothington wrote:

why aren't you up in arms about the other 104 people that tested positive for PED use? No, you just go after 1 person. you are pathetic

I like A-Rod i met him and hes not a bad guy.He's not telling the truth though on everything in that interview.He has done steroids since 2003.If he says he did them because of the weight on his shoulders in Texas i can guarentee he did in New York.There is alot more weight on your shoulders in New York.I believe the 2007 season was his first season that he was steroid free, and the reason he is being talked about not picked on is because he was the first name to come out.If you had bothered to read more post we have talked about alot more players not just your life-partner A-Rod.
But this reminds me of The NBA's Latrell Sprewell when he said he couldn't feed his family on 10 million a year.Im sure there are alot of people on this board that feed their famiys on 10 thousand or less a year so that is a lame excuse to say hes trying to feed his family.He could be a minor leaguer making 250 thousand a year and have plenty of money to feed your family.Its feeding their greed that these players worry about.If you look up Latrell Sprewell he is in some real trouble right now because he bought everything in the world to feed his greed not his family and now his house went up for foreclosure and he has had to sell most of everything he owns.If you can't manage your life with 10 million or more a year you need to be in a nut house because your greed is overtaking you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:35 pm 

HebnerR wrote:
This whole juice thing has had me go back and start reading looking into the Black Sox thing.Read a book called Burying The Black Sox written by a guy from Pittsburgh.The way baseball tried to cover up this thing is the way they tried to cover that thing 90 years ago

The thing that gets me is how some people take the side of these guys,some people want to talk about how the players were told their names would not come out instead of the reason they were on the list.

Sorry but if these guys are put in The Hall you have to go back and start making some wrongs right from Pete Rose
to Buck Weaver.Don't know if Buck would have been a Hall of Famer but clear his name.

And if you keep these guys out then you have to remove Gaylord Perry and any other pitcher who scuffed or otherwise doctored the ball during his playing years. Then you'd have to go after any player who took amphetamines, like Hank Aaron.

Unless of course you think that certain forms of cheating are permissible while others are not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:34 pm 

DealNothington wrote:

Who says we arent? But how do you suggest we direct this outrage? Should we simply guess who they are?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm 

Kingston wrote:
DealNothington wrote:

Who says we arent? But how do you suggest we direct this outrage? Should we simply guess who they are?

I already did that awhile back.
Now i have to go find it.lol
Remember Kingston im already seeking help.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:41 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Kingston wrote:
DealNothington wrote:

I already did that awhile back.
Now i have to go find it.lol
Remember Kingston im already seeking help.

Here it is

For pitchers that i think did are(not listing ones like Gagne and Clemens that have already been caught) Mark Prior, Jason Schmidt, Russ Ortiz, Matt Clement, Curt Schilling, Javier Vazquez, Chris Capuano, and Noah Lowry .They stick out pretty big to me, alot of pitchers will be coming soon i think.I think there were just as many pitchers as hitters.Now for the hitters(same thing doesn't included Bonds Mcquire and Sheiffield and the others who have already been caught) Jose Guillen, Sammy Sosa, Albert Pujols, Todd Helton, Vladimir Guerrero, Jim Edmonds, Carlos Delgado, Andruw Jones, Jim Thome, Geoff Jenkins, Magglio Ordonez, Miguel Tejada, Luis Gonzalez, Rich Aurilia, Mike Sweeney, Eric Chavez, Frank Thomas, and Adrian Beltre
I would be surprised to hear Ichiro, Ken Griffey Jr., Chipper Jones, Troy Glaus, Lance Berkman, Alfonso Soriano, Jeff Kent, Adam Dunn, and Moises Alou.

There are also some that i don't know where they would sit.They aren't ones that i put on the list of ones that i think did it but it wouldn't surprise me if their names showed up.

OH YEAH I'M REALLY LAME AND I MAKE MY LIVING SELLING ON THE INTERNET SO I HAVE ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT OF FREE TIME :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:41 pm 

I nominate Colin for Bored Historian... I mean, Board Historian. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:54 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Willton wrote:
And if you keep these guys out then you have to remove Gaylord Perry and any other pitcher who scuffed or otherwise doctored the ball during his playing years. Then you'd have to go after any player who took amphetamines, like Hank Aaron.

Unless of course you think that certain forms of cheating are permissible while others are not.

Neither a spitter nor greenies are performance enhancing. A spitter and a greenie does not allow a pitcher to recover on 2 days rest instead of 4. Neither allows a pitcher to maintain his stuff longer. No greenie ever helped Stargell hit a ball farther. The only thing they do is help the player stay sharp and awake in the dog days.

There is a real differance.

ZM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 am 

ZelieMike wrote:
Willton wrote:

Neither a spitter nor greenies are performance enhancing. A spitter and a greenie does not allow a pitcher to recover on 2 days rest instead of 4. Neither allows a pitcher to maintain his stuff longer. No greenie ever helped Stargell hit a ball farther. The only thing they do is help the player stay sharp and awake in the dog days.

ZM

A spitter is not performance-enhancing? Are you telling me that doctoring the ball has no effect on a pitcher's performance? No, it certainly does not help a pitcher recover, but it certainly helps his pitches contact with a batter's swing. Don't you think a pitcher performs better when he's capable of making batters miss more readily?

If a greenie helps a player stay sharp and awake in the dog days, then doesn't that qualify as performance-enhancing? Don't you think that a player performs better when he's sharp and awake as opposed to tired and unfocused?

Honestly, it appears to me that you think certain kinds of cheating are permissible while others are not.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:40 am 

Wilton-- I hate the fact that I seem to agree with you all the time brother but you hit the nail...

For some reason, juice is unforgiveable but doctoring the ball is ok. One must not be cheating while the other is.

We are again being caught by the morallity police. How can we holier than thou people decide which crime we'll acceept. One is performance enhanciing and guess what? the other is too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:27 am 

EDIT: Im deleting this post because on reflection Ive decided it was idiotic. Thank you.

And Id appreciate it if no one said "thats never stopped you before".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:58 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Willton wrote:

A spitter is not performance-enhancing? Are you telling me that doctoring the ball has no effect on a pitcher's performance? No, it certainly does not help a pitcher recover, but it certainly helps his pitches contact with a batter's swing. Don't you think a pitcher performs better when he's capable of making batters miss more readily?

If a greenie helps a player stay sharp and awake in the dog days, then doesn't that qualify as performance-enhancing? Don't you think that a player performs better when he's sharp and awake as opposed to tired and unfocused?

Honestly, it appears to me that you think certain kinds of cheating are permissible while others are not.

I'm surprised that lawyer doesn't get the concept of degree. I guess there should be no such thing as misdemeanor vs. felony charges. They are all crimes, after all.

I stand by what I said. A spitter is not performance enhancing like anaebolic steroids are, which I think I made very clear.

ZM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:33 am 

ZelieMike wrote:
I'm surprised that lawyer doesn't get the concept of degree. I guess there should be no such thing as misdemeanor vs. felony charges. They are all crimes, after all.

Yeah, I have a hard time equating this person:

To this person:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 am 

Yep, all ARod wants to do is provide for his children,thats all he was thinking about when he left his wife for that Whore he is with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:15 pm 

I saw on Sports Center that Bud Selig is threatening some sort of punishment against A-Rod for his performance enhancing time in Texas...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:19 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
I saw on Sports Center that Bud Selig is threatening some sort of punishment against A-Rod for his performance enhancing time in Texas...

Well, as has been pointed out a million times, baseball had no punitive measures in the books for steroid use in 2003. But crazy as it sounds, does anyone know if baseball can discipline a player for breaking a federal law?