Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Polite pirates.. Seriously.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:52 am 

Yea, I love the win and polanco looks to be the real deal, but did anyone see the interview after the game? He is so humble and polite, thanking the pirate announcer numerous times for interviewing him and talking about how he wants to just get better. So polite and it does not seem fake. Yesterday volquez was interviewed and he to was so kind to Greg brown with thank yous and humbleness. I love the play but I love respect and humility even more.

Post subject: Re: Polite pirates.. Seriously.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:01 am 

I think it's somewhat of a cliche (was listening to some podcast the other day talking about how San Francisco has been a haven for assholes and they've had success....which is true) but this is an easy team to root for.

Even the guys with personalities who people get irritated with (Pedro, Morton), it's more due to being low key and not seeming to care enough than for being flamboyant and/or rude. And I'm okay with that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:22 am 

StarlingArcher wrote:
I think it's somewhat of a cliche (was listening to some podcast the other day talking about how San Francisco has been a haven for assholes and they've had success....which is true) but this is an easy team to root for.

Even the guys with personalities who people get irritated with (Pedro, Morton), it's more due to being low key and not seeming to care enough than for being flamboyant and/or rude. And I'm okay with that.

Agreed. Polanco interview was amazing. What a nice kid!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:57 am 

He's new to the majors. He's respectful and appreciates his new opportunity.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:54 am 

I liked his last thank you when he looked into the camera as if to thank everyone watching on TV.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:08 pm 

Agreed. This team is very easy to root for, from superstar McCutchen on down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:06 pm 

StarlingArcher wrote:

Key word there is "seeming". It never ceases to amaze me how many people out there think that they can ready a man's mind by watching his body language on a TV screen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:23 pm 

Yep, pretty much every guy on the team lists Pedro as the hardest worker when asked. Speaks volumes about his dedication. Far more than whether or not he smashes helmets or snaps bats after a K.

Charlie just rubbed the idiot brigade the wrong way when he was open about having passions outside of baseball like guitars and I think surfing. Never understood why that turned into such a thing for a time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:54 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I will vouch for the Mortons'. Very classy and down to earth people. My wife walks their dogs and she loves both Charlie and his wife.

ZM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 pm 

StarlingArcher wrote:
Yep, pretty much every guy on the team lists Pedro as the hardest worker when asked.

And just watch him work the bases.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:55 am 

speaking of the post game interviews.....anyone get the feeling Cutch really doesn't enjoy the post game chats with Robbie? His body language seems to indicate he really doesn't want to be there and his answers are pretty bland for a guy who has such verve and personality in all other aspects.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 pm 

Corsair wrote:
speaking of the post game interviews.....anyone get the feeling Cutch really doesn't enjoy the post game chats with Robbie? His body language seems to indicate he really doesn't want to be there and his answers are pretty bland for a guy who has such verve and personality in all other aspects.

I think that Cutch is very careful about what he says in interviews, and that, though he may enjoy fame, he isn't all that comfortable with all that comes with it.

Of course, that's just me trying to read a man's mind by watching his body language on a TV screen :-)