Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Doumit BREAKS his thumb
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 am 

nad69dan wrote:
I have a Derek Bell Jersey but it refuses to leave the dresser drawer...
and I have a Raul Mondesi jersey but it left for Latin America for awhile to only go and show up in LA a few weeks later...

Funny stuff. I know you're kidding but those would be great to have as a gag. There must be some out the somewhere, right? Or how about a George Hendrick Pirate jersey? They must have sold a few of those (prior to him actually playing of course). I bet they show up on the Goodwill racks occasionally. I'd also like to get my hands on one of those 19-0 Patriot t-shirts.

BM

PS: That's two Hendrick references in one day for me. Better switch to decaf.

Post subject: Re: Doumit BREAKS his thumb
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:03 pm 

burghermeister wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
I have a Derek Bell Jersey but it refuses to leave the dresser drawer...
and I have a Raul Mondesi jersey but it left for Latin America for awhile to only go and show up in LA a few weeks later...

Funny stuff. I know you're kidding but those would be great to have as a gag. There must be some out the somewhere, right? Or how about a George Hendrick Pirate jersey? They must have sold a few of those (prior to him actually playing of course). I bet they show up on the Goodwill racks occasionally. I'd also like to get my hands on one of those 19-0 Patriot t-shirts.

BM

PS: That's two Hendrick references in one day for me. Better switch to decaf.

Don't know if people are aware or not, but at Piratefest every year, there is a charity booth that sells game-used jerseys by some forgettable Pirates, some of whom I am pretty sure were never on the 25 man roster during the season (spring training shirts, maybe?)

Everyone from Bobby Hill and Jeff Reboulet, Tony Armas Jr. to Bruce Aven. I'm pretty sure AZ could even find a Mike Benjamin jersey if he wanted one. Britt Reames...they have it. Abe Nunez, check. How about Brian Meadows? Yup. I took pictures because I wasn't going to spend $90 on each of them.