Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: VERY SORRY FOR AN OUT OF SPORT SUBJECT BUT ITS GAME TIME!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7196
Colin21 wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

Yeah that was pretty crazy.They caught the whole thing on TV also.I don't see why he wasn't thrown out of the game.I do believe you are talking about the same time i am on the punt return.That and how he passed out after running make me think steroids.He also beat the hell out of his wife in the off-season and to go from a bench rider to starter makes me wonder about steroids.Harrison is always angry.Does anybody remember when he slammed that drunkin Browns fan to the ground and choked him out?



I dont think it was steroids more as out of gas running 100 yards full speed and then landing on his head and the ball once he made it to the other end of the field...

On a side note, his girlfriend that he had some domestic issues over his child this past summer, I went to high school with her, she graduated a few years before me

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY SORRY FOR AN OUT OF SPORT SUBJECT BUT ITS GAME TIME!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10521
Re Harrison against the Cards player:

The guy tried to cut Harrison, but did so by going at his knees, not his midsection. Going after a guy's knees is extremely bad form.

His response was a punch block on the guy's chest, not diving at his knees or swinging at his head. The real "problem" with Harrison's response is the fact that the Cards player was lying on the ground like a little girl, after going at Harrison's knees. If the guy had fought the block and been punch-blocked to the ground, we would all say, "Great block!"

IMO, the guy earned a penalty by laying on the ground like a baby.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY SORRY FOR AN OUT OF SPORT SUBJECT BUT ITS GAME TIME!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Bucfan wrote:
Re Harrison against the Cards player:

The guy tried to cut Harrison, but did so by going at his knees, not his midsection. Going after a guy's knees is extremely bad form.

His response was a punch block on the guy's chest, not diving at his knees or swinging at his head. The real "problem" with Harrison's response is the fact that the Cards player was lying on the ground like a little girl, after going at Harrison's knees. If the guy had fought the block and been punch-blocked to the ground, we would all say, "Great block!"

IMO, the guy earned a penalty by laying on the ground like a baby.


I agree with that, but what they caught on tv made it look very bad for him and i think that is why he finished 3rd in the MVP voting


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY SORRY FOR AN OUT OF SPORT SUBJECT BUT ITS GAME TIME!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Posts: 637
He'd always be remembered more for the runback than for the award anyway. Was Franco Harris the Super Bowl MVP the year of the immaculate reception? Dont know, dont care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY SORRY FOR AN OUT OF SPORT SUBJECT BUT ITS GAME TIME!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7196
Kingston wrote:
He'd always be remembered more for the runback than for the award anyway. Was Franco Harris the Super Bowl MVP the year of the immaculate reception? Dont know, dont care.


I dont think they made it to the Super Bowl that year

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY SORRY FOR AN OUT OF SPORT SUBJECT BUT ITS GAME TIME!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:12 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Posts: 637
nad69dan wrote:
Kingston wrote:
He'd always be remembered more for the runback than for the award anyway. Was Franco Harris the Super Bowl MVP the year of the immaculate reception? Dont know, dont care.


I dont think they made it to the Super Bowl that year


Wow, the brain cells have rotted. Youre right.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: VERY SORRY FOR AN OUT OF SPORT SUBJECT BUT ITS GAME TIME!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10521
nad69dan wrote:
Kingston wrote:
He'd always be remembered more for the runback than for the award anyway. Was Franco Harris the Super Bowl MVP the year of the immaculate reception? Dont know, dont care.


I dont think they made it to the Super Bowl that year


Yep ... they were pounding Miami. Shot to Bradshaw's skull plus a fake punt did them in.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits