Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pedro doesn't make Keith Law's top 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:33 pm 

Jeremy wrote:
Kingston wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

And in the interests of fairness, I HAVE NOT labeled Alvarez a bust. I have said he lacks maturity and his conditioning is a major concern to me.

No? Heres your direct quote from the Discouraging News About Alvarez thread...

A kid with a bad attitude, poor work ethic, and a helicopter agent......he has "MASSIVE BUST" written across his forehead.

Your reading comprehension skills need some work.

Nice hand-waving. Read what you wrote. You labeled Alvarez as a "MASSIVE BUST". Now you claim that you haven't. What's left to comprehend? Stop the hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:58 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Were are your reading skills?

I am not of the opinion Alvarez is a bust, but that is NOT what was written either.

" ... having massive bust WRITTEN ACROSS THE FOREHEAD", is NOT calling him a "MASSIVE BUST", but projecting where he is believed to be HEADED based on what he's done so far.

I would expect someone expecting to succeed in the world of lawyering could figure that out.

ZM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:39 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
Were are your reading skills?

I am not of the opinion Alvarez is a bust, but that is NOT what was written either.

" ... having massive bust WRITTEN ACROSS THE FOREHEAD", is NOT calling him a "MASSIVE BUST", but projecting where he is believed to be HEADED based on what he's done so far.

Thats funny. Id bet Jeremy would claim just he opposite. Based on his statements over many, many thread pages, its fairly clear that he IS calling Alvarez a massive bust so far. Either that or hes discovered an Orwellian way of being complimentary.

And just theoretically, why do you assume Massive Bust WRITTEN ACROSS THE FOREHEAD implies any more of a projection than RIP WRITTEN ACROSS A TOMBSTONE projects that someone is eventually going to die?

Anyway, since Willton and I will concede that Jeremy isnt a time traveler from the future, if a hair splitting contest about language makes you feel better, fine. Jeremy has projected that Pedro's career will be a failure by using the phrase WRITTEN ACROSS THE FOREHEAD. Thats what I thought its been about from the beginning anyway.

Now that thats settled, Willton can go back to studying for his law degree and you can go back to asking your customers if they want a shave with their haircut.