Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 1:25 pm
Posts: 180
Location: Formerly of Pittsburgh
Hi again; been away for a while.

Here is the latest mystery Pirate, whoever correctly identifies this guy first, wins.


Attachments:
Who2.jpg
Who2.jpg [ 34.24 KiB | Viewed 368 times ]
Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:56 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 1115
i really like this game, but being only 28 years old I know my pirates from I would say 1994 and on. Early 90's like this one (based on the spring training uniform) are hard to tell on my part.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:19 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Denver
Danny Darwin? I think this shot would be from 1996, then.

_________________
Cutch 'em all


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 221
Im gonna guess Don Slaught. Porn Stash gives it away


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 112
Location: South Carolina
I was thinking Darwin also, but I'm not sure now. Judging by the hands it seems to be an older guy, and Darwin does fit that. It's definitely not Slaught. I'm thinking it's someone more obscure than either of those, but I have no idea who.

_________________
Bible Broadcasting Network
[url]bbnradio.org[/url]

Let this be the year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 1:25 pm
Posts: 180
Location: Formerly of Pittsburgh
eStragand wrote:
Danny Darwin? I think this shot would be from 1996, then.


Ding! We have a winner!

Bucs signed Darwin, Feb 1996. Pitched well, 3.00 ERA over 19 starts. Traded in July at the deadline for Rich Loiselle.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:31 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 1115
As soon as I saw Darwin's name I said dog!
Well I was wrong with the year and I guess I don't know as much as I thought, I do remember hin shutting down the white six in a mud summer game at 3 rivers, i akso remember it was the year Albert belle signed with chi six for 8 million a year and tfe while pirate payroll was about that much


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1513
batterup wrote:
As soon as I saw Darwin's name I said dog!
Well I was wrong with the year and I guess I don't know as much as I thought, I do remember hin shutting down the white six in a mud summer game at 3 rivers, i akso remember it was the year Albert belle signed with chi six for 8 million a year and tfe while pirate payroll was about that much



I think you may be confusing two seasons. Darwin was here in 96 and interleague play didn't start until 97.

I remember because Kevin McClatchy called me back personally over my complaints on the Darwin trade. :D


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Rochester, New York
Corsair wrote:
batterup wrote:
As soon as I saw Darwin's name I said dog!
Well I was wrong with the year and I guess I don't know as much as I thought, I do remember hin shutting down the white six in a mud summer game at 3 rivers, i akso remember it was the year Albert belle signed with chi six for 8 million a year and tfe while pirate payroll was about that much



I think you may be confusing two seasons. Darwin was here in 96 and interleague play didn't start until 97.

I remember because Kevin McClatchy called me back personally over my complaints on the Darwin trade. :D


And '97 was the team with the $9 million payroll.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Guess the mystery Pirate, 17 Oct
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10580
Am I too late with my guess?

I'm going with Dave Kerwin.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Leway512, nad69dan and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits