Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: this reminds me of....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:43 pm 

I know another thread, but...all you Pittsburgh fans out there, this pivotal winner take all game reminds me of the 2009 stanley cup game 7 final in detroit. The Penguins were the ultimate underdog, everyone thought the Wings would take it, even Pittsburghers were uneasy about the game. Tonight is the exact same situation, lets do what the pens did 4 years ago and shock the world and go into enemy territory take an early lead and win the game 2-1!!!

Post subject: Re: this reminds me of....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 pm 

The hero off that game was gritty bottom-liner Max Talbot. Who is the equivalent on this Bucs team?

Morneau?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 pm 

Another one is when the Steelers went into Indy to play Manning and the mighty Colts back in '06 to get to the Championship Game. I don't know how analogous that is, but I have that same feeling in the pit of my stomach.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:37 pm 

Jack Round Tripper wrote:
Another one is when the Steelers went into Indy to play Manning and the mighty Colts back in '06 to get to the Championship Game. I don't know how analogous that is, but I have that same feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The first 5 minutes of that game showed me that the Steelers were the better team. They were flying to the ball on defense, and on offense, they were playing with the Indy defense.

I feel that the first 2 innings are going to tell us a lot. If Cole is dealing, and the Pirates can get some decent swings against Wainwright ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:07 pm 

yea, good call on the steelers/colts game in '06, that was a huge upset, the steelers were fortuante to beat the bengals at cincy the week before thanks in large part to palmer tearing his ACL.
The penguins had showed they could compete with the wings, but it just seemed that the red wings were the better team and would win thanks to the home ice advantage and experience.
LETS GO BUCS!!! I BELIEVE