Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Thanks so much, Anaheim
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10220
Imagine Pujols gimpy at 1st base, and soaking up a lot of the Cardinals budget.

And Michael Wacha some other @#$%ing place than St. Louis.

Wacha was the Cardinals compensatory pick for the Angels signing Pujols.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... 6&c_id=mlb

Thanks so freaking much, Anaheim.

So ... freaking ... MUCH.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanks so much, Anaheim
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:03 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 110
Location: South Carolina
I didn't think about that angle of it.

During the game, I was thinking, 'We drafted a guy we couldn't even sign, and ten spots below us the Cards grab this guy. If Appel is better than Wacha he must be the new Walter Johnson.'

_________________
Bible Broadcasting Network
[url]bbnradio.org[/url]

Let this be the year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanks so much, Anaheim
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10220
donburgh wrote:
I didn't think about that angle of it.

During the game, I was thinking, 'We drafted a guy we couldn't even sign, and ten spots below us the Cards grab this guy. If Appel is better than Wacha he must be the new Walter Johnson.'

Wacha is a good pitcher.

But he has two pitches - a fastball that sits at 93-95 mph and a change.

I know the Pirates have trouble with the change, but for the love of God, a pitcher who throws 70% fastballs, at 93-95 mph???


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanks so much, Anaheim
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1339
Bucfan wrote:
donburgh wrote:
I didn't think about that angle of it.

During the game, I was thinking, 'We drafted a guy we couldn't even sign, and ten spots below us the Cards grab this guy. If Appel is better than Wacha he must be the new Walter Johnson.'

Wacha is a good pitcher.

But he has two pitches - a fastball that sits at 93-95 mph and a change.

I know the Pirates have trouble with the change, but for the love of God, a pitcher who throws 70% fastballs, at 93-95 mph???


tonight's numbers were 82% fastballs; 18% change.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanks so much, Anaheim
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:45 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 4903
Yeesh.

Yes, very good observation.

All the pieces matter.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanks so much, Anaheim
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10220
Corsair wrote:
tonight's numbers were 82% fastballs; 18% change.

You're not helping Bucfan's mood, Corsair.

And this board is all about helping Bucfan's mood ... :x


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanks so much, Anaheim
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4711
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
Bucfan wrote:
You're not helping Bucfan's mood, Corsair.

And this board is all about helping Bucfan's mood ... :x


Image

_________________
#3 Iowa State Cyclones vs #7 Connecticut Huskies
Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanks so much, Anaheim
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 732
Location: Bradenton, FL.
IA Pirate wrote:
Bucfan wrote:
You're not helping Bucfan's mood, Corsair.

And this board is all about helping Bucfan's mood ... :x


Image


WOW my mood got better FAST

_________________
LetsGoMarauders - Website
LetsGoMarauders - Twitter

A fan-made, fan-run site to support the Marauders/Pirates.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits