Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4293
Location: Zelienople, PA
Morneau has helped this team by simply not being the K-machine that GI Jones has become, as well as saving a game or two with his defense. Something you would not get from Jones.

Jones had his chances... many... and has failed this year. Your stubbornness notwithstanding. This from one of his proponents.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
I think we can all agree we need an external solution at 1B this offseason.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
ZelieMike wrote:
Morneau has helped this team by simply not being the K-machine that GI Jones has become, as well as saving a game or two with his defense. Something you would not get from Jones.

Jones had his chances... many... and has failed this year. Your stubbornness notwithstanding. This from one of his proponents.

ZM


Show me a game he "saved" with his defense. Just one.

Pedro is a K-Machine. I guess he should not be playing? and Marte?

Regardless of whether it's Jones or not, Morneau should not be playing every day, and definitely should not be in the cleanup spot.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 1128
Animal wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:
Morneau has helped this team by simply not being the K-machine that GI Jones has become, as well as saving a game or two with his defense. Something you would not get from Jones.

Jones had his chances... many... and has failed this year. Your stubbornness notwithstanding. This from one of his proponents.

ZM


Show me a game he "saved" with his defense. Just one.

Pedro is a K-Machine. I guess he should not be playing? and Marte?

Regardless of whether it's Jones or not, Morneau should not be playing every day, and definitely should not be in the cleanup spot.


not to butt in on your conversation, but that playoff clinching win in chicago where morneau did a jeter like flip to home to help throw out the runner would qualify as great defense. G.I would simply not make that play. Had Jeter done that it would have been blown up into the greatest play ever, but since morneau did it, in a big situation it is hardly talked about.

Morneau has not been the power bat we hoped for but he has hit close to .300 and has had good defense, i feel better with him at first than Jones, and I like Jones.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 1397
Location: A Pond or Lake Near You
batterup wrote:
Animal wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:
Morneau has helped this team by simply not being the K-machine that GI Jones has become, as well as saving a game or two with his defense. Something you would not get from Jones.

Jones had his chances... many... and has failed this year. Your stubbornness notwithstanding. This from one of his proponents.

ZM


Show me a game he "saved" with his defense. Just one.

Pedro is a K-Machine. I guess he should not be playing? and Marte?

Regardless of whether it's Jones or not, Morneau should not be playing every day, and definitely should not be in the cleanup spot.


not to butt in on your conversation, but that playoff clinching win in chicago where morneau did a jeter like flip to home to help throw out the runner would qualify as great defense. G.I would simply not make that play. Had Jeter done that it would have been blown up into the greatest play ever, but since morneau did it, in a big situation it is hardly talked about.

Morneau has not been the power bat we hoped for but he has hit close to .300 and has had good defense, i feel better with him at first than Jones, and I like Jones.


Exactly. JM almost single handedly won that game for the Bucs in the field. Downplaying JM's defense is silly Animal. He's been great.

_________________
Kevin
Sensorcon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7311
Animal wrote:
Put someone in there that actually can hit the ball and drive in some runs.


That rules out Jones...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7311
BBF wrote:
I think we can all agree we need an external solution at 1B this offseason.


There isn't much out there either on the free agent market and it's all over 30...

Kendrys Morales, Mike Morse, and possibly Abreu the Cuban.

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 5221
Location: Washington, DC
nad69dan wrote:
BBF wrote:
I think we can all agree we need an external solution at 1B this offseason.


There isn't much out there either on the free agent market and it's all over 30...

Kendrys Morales, Mike Morse, and possibly Abreu the Cuban.


JOSE DARIEL ABREU!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4293
Location: Zelienople, PA
I don't know. I probably make my run at Abreu and see what happens. Keep both GI Jones and Morneau on the sideline to make an offer to if need be.

Why? Because I did notice a change in GI Jones after Byrd arrived and started talking about his swing mechanics (lift ball, not ground ball). While not enough this year for Jones, I might hope he rolls that approach over to next year and maybe have his "Byrd" year... at a very reasonable cost.

I just don't see much more out there unless you are a big believer in the kid in Altoona.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7311
I think going into the offseason Gaby Sanchez has to be considered a keeper for a bat off the bench, a possible platoon at 1st, and maybe to spell Pedro at 3rd. They had him playing there in the spring and finally saw action the last few innings on the final game.

If there aren't any deals to be worked out, I would not have much of a problem going and giving Lambo a chance at 1st and keep a lefty/righty platoon next season. Maybe see if Snider can field the position too. He may be gone when Polanco gets called up. Also, Dickerson is probably a year or two away.

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:49 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
J_C_Steel wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
BBF wrote:
I think we can all agree we need an external solution at 1B this offseason.


There isn't much out there either on the free agent market and it's all over 30...

Kendrys Morales, Mike Morse, and possibly Abreu the Cuban.


JOSE DARIEL ABREU!


We have a winner.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:17 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5709
nad69dan wrote:
BBF wrote:
I think we can all agree we need an external solution at 1B this offseason.


There isn't much out there either on the free agent market and it's all over 30...

Kendrys Morales, Mike Morse, and possibly Abreu the Cuban.


Isn't James Loney a FA or is he a RFA?

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits