Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If this is true then......
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:00 pm 

.....we are getting a reputation for fans like LA and SF. Is it true that Matt Latos wife got punched in the face three times last night? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Post subject: Re: If this is true then......
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:17 pm 

She has been tweeting so, but here is the official story.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/pittsburgh-police-make-no-arrests-after-pnc-park-fight-involving-reds-pitcher-mat-latos-wife-705805/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:25 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
.....we are getting a reputation for fans like LA and SF. Is it true that Matt Latos wife got punched in the face three times last night? :? :? :? :? :? :?

It was a minor talking point here in Cincy last night. In the late innings when it became clear that the Reds were done, Latos's wife sent out some tweets about it which caused the desperate Reds fans to run with the "Pittsburgh fans are horrible" line.

Sounds to me like she happened to be sitting by a drunk idiot who probably went over the line. Just a guess but I'd imagine that she might have been exaggerating a little on social media by claiming she was "punched multiple times" but that's just me. Obviously not defending the culprit as she should have never been touched or even harassed verbally. FWIW as a Cincy resident I can tell you that she has a reputation for starting drama on Twitter, she is a model and likes to show and let it be known when people say creepy things to her or when Reds fans say bad things about her husband.

Unfortunate incident with drunk fan, but probably ultimately blown out of proportion. Don't blame her for being upset or shaken up about it, but just screams of a cry for attention.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:27 pm 

Doesn't quite rise to the level of people getting killed. We are a peaceful people here. You can wear your colors, even if you are from Cleveland.

Which, by the way, wouldn't it be cool to see a Pittsburgh-Cleveland World Series?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:42 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
Doesn't quite rise to the level of people getting killed. We are a peaceful people here. You can wear your colors, even if you are from Cleveland.

Which, by the way, wouldn't it be cool to see a Pittsburgh-Cleveland World Series?

Yeah. Other than the obvious, it would mean that the Red Sox had lost. Since 2004, I find Sox fans to be the most obnoxiously annoying fans I run into.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:42 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Police report says that "all" parties were intoxicated.

ZM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:45 pm 

Odd she doesn't mention that two people she was with also got tossed out of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:01 pm 

Another part of this that wasn't mentioned in this report is that there is a section for player's wives and girlfriends has security protecting it. I can assure you that section wasn't at the Bowtie Bar. Remember, there were 20 to 30 people involved in this so most likely nobody knew who she was unless she let them know. And as ZM mention, alcohol was involved and as Mister Pittsburgh mentioned, two of the people kicked out of the park were with her.

Sounds like your typical bar fight. Just happened at a bar in PNC Park.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:06 pm 

val wrote:
Ralphie wrote:

Yeah. Other than the obvious, it would mean that the Red Sox had lost. Since 2004, I find Sox fans to be the most obnoxiously annoying fans I run into.

If the Bucs are fortunate enough to get to the Series, I want to play the Tribe. It would be fun due to the rivalry between the two cities. Plus, Cleveland teams have a knack of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Red Sox fans are AWFUL. There is a plethora of Sawks fans in my area. They are the most annoying fans in all of sports, period.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:14 am 

That is a wish that now cannot be fulfilled. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:29 am 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
Odd she doesn't mention that two people she was with also got tossed out of the game.

nor did she mention that it was woman that went after her, just a good 'ol fashion cat fight, between a couple of boozin' chicks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:25 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm 

Amazing that twitter accounts = the reported truth. Journalism is garbage these days. YOu don't need a degree, just a twitter account.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:07 pm 

She apparently also has some kind of twitter article she does called ....so I am married to a baseball player or something like that, where she went on to tell Reds fans to get drunk responsibly and not wet the bed.

Sounds like a piece of crap to me. Wonder if she hangs out with Chapman's girlfriend who alleges she was tied up and robbed here last year. Remember that?>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:21 pm 

Animal wrote:
She apparently also has some kind of twitter article she does called ....so I am married to a baseball player or something like that, where she went on to tell Reds fans to get drunk responsibly and not wet the bed.

Sounds like a piece of crap to me. Wonder if she hangs out with Chapman's girlfriend who alleges she was tied up and robbed here last year. Remember that?>

Certainly do. That lady sounds like a loser. Just a shame that real news outlets ran with her twitter rant and sold it as fact without interviewing police for the real story. I'm real sure that if an opposing players wife was actually assaulted at PNC Park the cops would want to do their best to take care of it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Ralphie wrote:

..nope - Rays-Pirates all the way

FIL Pirates Fan Page

A fan-made, fan-run site to support the Marauders/Pirates.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 pm 

LetsGoMarauders wrote:
Ralphie wrote:

..nope - Rays-Pirates all the way

I am horrible at Geography and too lazy to look it up... Are you close to Tampa? Would you be able to go if Bucs were playing the Series there?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:48 pm 

Reminds me of Anna.